Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've used it and its awesome. If you're on the fence about manual versus automatic tranny... go to a Bronco Off-Rodeo and drive the automatic. The decision will become obvious.

I've also seen TTA used in a high speed course driven by a professional Baja racer. its not just a low speed function. All it takes is 3 scenarios to happen at the same time to trigger it: engage the hero button for TTA, Turn the wheel to lock, and accelerate. You can do that at any speed and it stays on until any of the 3 situations is no longer occurring. Thus, you can leave the button engaged as long as you want and it will kick on when needed.
So, think of coming out of a high speed hairpin turn when your wheel is at lock as you straighten up the vehicle through the turn. TTA works wonders there too.
If memory serves me well, I believe TTA is automatically disengaged after 20mph on the Bronco. So, no high speed shenanigans. Lol.
Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Chase Gentry, did you inspect your tires after coming down? Wondering if you have any deep cuts on the tire from using the assist?

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait, what? Black Bear Pass in a stock OBX? Did they build a mall up there or something?

Kidding. Nicely done, and I agree with all the folks here noting that TTA is a nice-to-have, but if you can make the turn safely without it, use your skills and save the trail. Pro racer Mark Stahl noted at Super Cel West that the Ford drivers were asked to not use it during the event for that very reason. Cool to see it in action though, so thanks for all the great footage from so many angles.

~Susan (future stock OBX owner/driver who hasn't seen a mall in decades)

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol, love how you ignored old man spotter. Bless his heart
Old man spotter lol. Little coffee made its way out of my nose when I read that.

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait, what? Black Bear Pass in a stock OBX? Did they build a mall up there or something?

Kidding. Nicely done, and I agree with all the folks here noting that TTA is a nice-to-have, but if you can make the turn safely without it, use your skills and save the trail. Pro racer Mark Stahl noted at Super Cel West that the Ford drivers were asked to not use it during the event for that very reason. Cool to see it in action though, so thanks for all the great footage from so many angles.

~Susan (future stock OBX owner/driver who hasn't seen a mall in decades)
(y)

Yep, look at that mall crawling, painted fender flares OBX go!

Sponsored

Joe Brony

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape :(
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This will be so handy when I navigate Costco parking lots!

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

RockSkipper

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can definitely see I will need to adjust from natural leading into trail corners...looks like its almost not needed to swing wide, like normal, on a tight curve. Some of the corners posted looked like the descent from the corner was too tight, almost overcompensated, to the inside to accommodate brush/ obstacles.

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry not taking my New 50 k plus bronco out to get beat up....Ill wait till I get a few miles on her first...

Sponsored

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry not taking my New 50 k plus bronco out to get beat up....Ill wait till I get a few miles on her first...

Mine will go out day 1 if there's time. That's why I'm buying a friggin 60 k off roader, so I can OFF ROAD IT!

Lobber

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did actually! It works great. I did try it in hells revenge and it seemed as though some of those downward sections were a tad too steep for it.
Agreed, I had mine in Moab last week and using 1 pedal coming down from top of the world I started to smell my breaks so I turned it off. Also I didn't love it for dropping down ledges with it on, seemed like it would try to break too hard. Going uphill or on fairly flat terrain I thought it was awesome.

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Agreed, I had mine in Moab last week and using 1 pedal coming down from top of the world I started to smell my breaks so I turned it off. Also I didn't love it for dropping down ledges with it on, seemed like it would try to break too hard. Going uphill or on fairly flat terrain I thought it was awesome.
definitely more useful going uphill, downhill or drops will cook the brakes in a very short time. Another solution to downhill is use M in 4L.

Lobber

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

definitely more useful going uphill, downhill or drops will cook the brakes in a very short time. Another solution to downhill is use M in 4L.
Yeah that's exactly what I ended up doing.

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This. ☝
Exactly what we were told at Off Roadeo this past weekend. If you have trail assist use that. Put it in 4L and set it at 1.5 or 2.0 MPH. One pedal is more for steep climbs not downhill.
Sponsored