First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Recently took a stock Outerbanks down Black Bear Pass. Does trail turn assist help? U be the judge.
Looked like fun!!! I have been to many places around the world but Telluride is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.
I clenched on that one turn when you went on 3 wheels. I took a Jeep tour up Imogene Pass. Imogene is like a Sunday drive compared to Black Bear. I would love to bring my BD out one day.
Soon there will be "Bronco tours" all over. I am so excited for everyone to get their Broncos. First week of December for me!
Sponsored

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Recently took a stock Outerbanks down Black Bear Pass. Does trail turn assist help? U be the judge.

Funny I was thinking of this’d exact trail when I first saw the turn feature. What a HUGE difference from a hairy k turn all those times in jeep

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty great use of the feature, though the pucker factor to "trust" it might be rather high in that environment. Would want to practice first.

I've done some pretty damned hardcore wheeling in my Wrangler but I'm really going to need some time working with the Bronco to get the same comfort level. This Off-Rodeos are perfect for that.

Sponsored

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been waiting to see this used on Black Bear Pass 🥳 🥳 🥳

Azflyfish

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Love your content. Always great stuff. Glad that you got the stock OBX so we could see what you were able to put it through. Pretty impressive stuff.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've used it and its awesome. If you're on the fence about manual versus automatic tranny... go to a Bronco Off-Rodeo and drive the automatic. The decision will become obvious.
Well, I was more "curious" than "on the fence." But I did drive both the manual and the automatic, and try out all the electronics including TTA, at the Texas Off-Roadeo. You're right, the decision *was* obvious. Manual, all the way.

Sponsored

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks very cool, however I'd probably not use it on steep slopes like that. Too much sliding for my taste...I'd rather have the wheels turning for increased traction and control.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I won't have a chance to watch this video until tonight, but as soon as trail turn assist was explained I was wondering who would try it on black bear pass. Can't wait to watch this.

After using TTA on the off roadeo, I can confidently say that I don't have enough hair on my ass to try it on BBP myself.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One observation that may clear up concerns of people saying there was too much sliding.

The driver entered the apex really wide and exited the corner too close on the inside. Watch the last video as the driver side brushes the bushes upon exit. This may have been done on purpose for the video, I don’t know.

The input from the driver turning the steering wheel applies brake to the inside wheel. So, if the driver approaches the turn properly and slowly turns throughout the apex and exits properly, only enough brake is applied to create enough drag to turn the vehicle.

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my dream! I've taken Black Bear many times in my FJ and 4Runner over the years and always wished I could take those corners without doing a 12-point turn. When (if) my Bronco ever comes in I'll be making this dream come true 🤘
Sponsored