intothegnar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope to God this is correct. The 8in screen is probably my biggest complaint about the Bronco. The bezel is an afterthought that looks like cheap aftermarket trash. The whole dash was clearly designed for the 12 and they forced the 8 on probably 50% of Broncos. The badlands with the high package was too expensive for me, and the OBX looks like a crossover with those 18's and passenger tires.
Oh boy. This is going to make it very difficult to decide between BD and BL, if true. I was also hung up on that 8" display, which just did not look right with the bezel around it.

I still think BL wins in the looks department with signature lights and non-Sasquatch beadlock wheels. But BD also has a great retro look with traditional headlights and steelies. So it all comes down to whether I actually need all the advanced off-road features that BL offers.

Decisions decisions...
Sponsored

Ctyler11B

Black Diamond
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’re correct. What if we want most of the other options? There are 11 and many of us would pay the Mid package’s price to get them, but keep the manual.
As of right now, as far as I understand, if you want mid package and manual, you’re SOL. They may make them stand alone options later down the road but who knows at this point. Mike Levine doesnt that’s for sure ?

Ctyler11B

Black Diamond
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No its not. It's been said a million times on the forum, and at least twice in this thread, that the Badlands can be had with all trims and a manual but remote start is dropped.

This is the case for many other vehicles as well.
I’m gonna need you to seek medical attention for the stroke you’re apparently having. The badlands is a trim. Not an option that can be had with all trims, let alone a manual. As far as the rest of your reply....the remote start is why you can’t have a manual transmission with mid package. It’s part of the mid and you can’t have a remote start with no one in the car to engage the clutch. You can’t remove the remote start without losing the mid package. Therefore...manual+mid = pipe dream

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want it to be true that BD can come with a 12” screen. But, while the 360 viewer shows a 12“ screen, the 2D images with the $695 Connected Build-In Nav option still show the 8” screen. And, as someone else posted, the description says “Feature comes standard with 8” LCD”, then says “Available with 12” LCD”. I think this means that it will be 8” unless it is an OBX, BL, WT, or FE with High package, and the 360 viewer is just showing an error at this point. I would love to be wrong and would definitely buy it for $695 on the BD, but I’m very worried this is not the case.

Last edited:

Ctyler11B

Black Diamond
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We weren’t discussing the badlands, were we? Last I checked this thread was for the BD. Besides, I was being a smart ass about him insinuating the badlands is option that can be had across all trims.

I never said the badlands couldn’t be had with a manual. I’m saying that the other trims will not allow you to have a manual and mid package. The badlands come with the sway bar disconnect and is made for the most Extreme off-roading. Of course on that model they’re gonna allow you to have the mid (sans remote start) and manual.

Sponsored

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want it to be true that BD can come with a 12” screen. But, while the 360 viewer shows a 12“ screen, the 2D images with the $695 Connected Build-In Nav option still show the 8” screen. And, as someone else posted, the description says “Feature comes standard with 8” LCD”, then says “Available with 12” LCD”. I think this means that it will be 8” unless it is an OBX, BL, WT, or FE with High package, and the 360 viewer is just showing an error at this point. I would love to be wrong and would definitely buy it for $695 on the BD, but I’m very worried this is not the case.
If true, it is also the case that the 12” would be available with Big Bend (and the 12” is showing on the Big Bend 360 viewer).

Last edited:

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So you guys are hoping that all of the wording has been wrong the whole time and basing everything off of the 360 pic. The same 360 pic that sometimes bugs out and shows the Bronco Sport?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’m gonna need you to seek medical attention for the stroke you’re apparently having. The badlands is a trim. Not an option that can be had with all trims, let alone a manual. As far as the rest of your reply....the remote start is why you can’t have a manual transmission with mid package. It’s part of the mid and you can’t have a remote start with no one in the car to engage the clutch. You can’t remove the remote start without losing the mid package. Therefore...manual+mid = pipe dream
Correct, Mid is a package, and it's been said multiple times and is listed in the BN guide that the BL will be the only manual Bronco that will be available with the Mid package or above. It will not have the remote start ability but will include all the other options included in the package.

Multiple car companies do this if the model, trim, and package are incompatible with remote start and a manual.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool response.

I'm not too sure what you're trying to get at. Manual+mid is likely a pipe dream on the Black Diamond. Agreed. That's not what I was disagreeing with.

The reason is not because of remote start. The reason is because Ford decided to make it so. The Badlands is proof positive of this. The remote start is removed from the mid (and all other packages) on the manual on the Badlands and still available on the automatics.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I brought up my BD build and checked out that $695 stereo option. It truly looks like for only $695 you get the 12’ stereo. Ford is forcing me out of the manual, now I kind of want mid package for my first new car purchase ever with a 12’ screen. Never needed it before this thread but now I want it

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As much as I want the 12” screen this is just a glitch. It only shows up in the buggy 360 viewer and not the other interior render. And it’s not even rendering correctly. You can still see the 8” bezel behind it, not the correct 12” bezel. Also the Bronco logo gets stretched to a weird aspect ratio with a “bar” on each side of the screen. Again as much as I want it, don’t get excited.

BD “12 inch screen” glitch
Ford Bronco Black diamond 12" upgrade w/ pics on b+p 3157DF5A-1826-4BC5-BBD7-7F769D63FF22

Wildtrak that actually comes with 12”
Ford Bronco Black diamond 12" upgrade w/ pics on b+p 7DE636AB-506F-4DBB-B6CE-CF7AF7A68495

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As of right now, as far as I understand, if you want mid package and manual, you’re SOL. They may make them stand alone options later down the road but who knows at this point. Mike Levine doesnt that’s for sure ?
Yeah, I'm hopeful that in the "late availability" timeframe (whenever that is) I can get the Mid Package by paying the same price.....

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uh...he was saying the Badlands can have all the trims and have a manual.
Sponsored