First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
considering that you can use the free Ford app and have remote start, you’re absolutely right.
Are we 100% sure you can NOT choose remote start and still have the app work this way?
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've tried building the BD several different ways this morning and the picture never shows the 12" screen for me .

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well hell, I wondered what the $695 difference was between the 'Connected Nav' and 'Connected Built in Nav'. I just re-visited my BD build and checked and YES!, the 12' screen. I was getting the BD in any case but this just makes it sweeter! Now when I select the 'Info' radio button the photo of the selected item shows a 12" screen and the other two still show the 8".

Last edited:

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So this is debunked, right? The B&P shows a picture of the 8” screen for me and there’s no option or anything saying anything about a 12” screen.
These are screen shots right now of the main photo and the 360 viewer.......
Ford Bronco Black diamond 12" upgrade w/ pics on b+p 52493ADC-62C2-4CEA-BA94-A9FD82E64D3F
Ford Bronco Black diamond 12" upgrade w/ pics on b+p 14C9A18F-17AE-4875-A070-2D1A6A591133

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

l
a
Qcb

If the option for build in navigation was removed.
Ok, I see it now but only in the 360 viewer. All of the other photos shows a 8” screen. I think it’s a glitch. All other models where the 12” screen is an actual option has an option to add the 12” screen on its own.

Ford Bronco Black diamond 12" upgrade w/ pics on b+p 500F46BC-17AC-4217-AC08-EBB06B72DDE9

Sponsored

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is one big gigantic pi__ing match between the 2 companies, ford is clearly winning!
Jeep allows you to spec the entire tech package and the safety group without arbitrarily removing the manual transmission. For me, that's not Ford winning.

Edit: And, as a note, Jeep let's you add convenience group with Remote start to a manual transmission setup, it just removes the remote start if you have a manual. Customizability is win.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep allows you to spec the entire tech package and the safety group without arbitrarily removing the manual transmission. For me, that's not Ford winning.

Edit: And, as a note, Jeep let's you add convenience group with Remote start to a manual transmission setup, it just removes the remote start if you have a manual. Customizability is win.
also there is a cold weather package!

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The BL Lux build with Auto is missing one button from the hero pack, so it's not right all round. The BL with Auto should have a full bank of buttons.

Ford Bronco Black diamond 12" upgrade w/ pics on b+p 1604334898726

I wouldn't read too much into this.

Ford Bronco Black diamond 12" upgrade w/ pics on b+p 1604335039738

Ford Bronco Black diamond 12" upgrade w/ pics on b+p 1604335114280

Ford Bronco Black diamond 12" upgrade w/ pics on b+p 1604335235734

Last edited:

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
also there is a cold weather package!
Exactly! And it isn't like Jeep set it up that way as a response to Ford. That's the way it was before the Bronco got announced.

Jeep splits what's in Bronco's mid package into Tech, Convenience, and Safety then allows you to add whatever you want without changing the drivetrain, recognizing that some people will want different parts of that and none of them want to be forced into a different transmission.

Ford should at least try to match that standard.

For reference, I am comparing the Willy's Jeep to the Black Diamond, which seems like a very close comparison in price and option.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all of those that think this is a glitch, well, it may be, but on the other hand it seems that Ford is trying it's best to force people out of the Manual Trans, (maybe they don't have enough?) what better way to force more to go Auto than to offer the larger screen with the Mid and upgraded NAV system? I see that as a possibility.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I haven't read all the pages yet, but I wonder if it is a glitch with B&P to not be able to get mid on the manual BD. It would make sense if you could get it on BD but not on BL with the BL being the higher trim. But who knows at this point.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

12" screen is useless IMO without the rest of the High Package. I'd get it if it came with the BD, but I'm not spending $700 just for a 12" screen and navigation I'll never use

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
12" screen is useless IMO without the rest of the High Package. I'd get it if it came with the BD, but I'm not spending $700 just for a 12" screen and navigation I'll never use
I agree with you. However, I would pay for it just so the dash doesn’t have the noticeable bezel around smaller screen. I guess like others would pay for signature lights on bb
Sponsored