• Start date

BroncoJay

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I think you might underestimate the size difference between the display sizes. The 12" screen has 125% more space than the 8". Maybe the $695 is the issue, but over double the screen space is substantial.
For those who care about this shit...

My Tacoma which I will admit Toyota’s tech shit is antiquated, screen is more than adequate, I rarely use it outside of satellite radio...
I like to drive and could care less about tech stuff.

But you do you if this is what trips the ole trigger..

Advertisement

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
12" screen is not offered on Black Diamond, it just says in the package that it is optional and it is but on higher trims. Now we've got a thread going over this but nowhere does it say that a 12" screen is available or equipped in the Black Diamond.

Last edited:
Reactions: CFC

jaspercasidino

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M3, 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

For those who care about this shit...

My Tacoma which I will admit Toyota’s tech shit is antiquated, screen is more than adequate, I rarely use it outside of satellite radio...
I like to drive and could care less about tech stuff.

But you do you if this is what trips the ole trigger..
I was trying to bring up that the 4" diagonal is quite the increase and not something to hand wave away...

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
I guess we have different ideas on what limits the mid-manual-remote start. Ford has stopped us from getting the mid-manual. The remote start itself is not the limiting factor. I'm not even sure what your argument is. You've said the exact same thing in your own posts.

This is going nowhere though. Ha. It's moot anyway because, as of right now, it's not happening whatever the reason is.
The reason for no mid and manual is simplification. Because the manual is such a small take rate they want them to be minimalistic. That is why they didn’t have intentions of a squatched manual.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

They all come with a back up camera, that's required by law.
I believe what he meant was big display for the backup camera.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / 00 TJ
Clubs

They are going to keep the 33's front locker and disco bar, that is enough to keep the badlands exclusive.
So I was looking at a 2 door 2.3 MT mid badlands versus 2.3 MT mid Squatch (laavailability) black Diamond and I think the difference is going to be $3400 ...

?

I am also “unselling” myself on options like mesh Bimini, hardtop headliner (since I may swap to a white modular), and high package (who needs 12” of light driving at night and a camera blocked by a winch?)

Tdifonzo

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Nope you are not alone...and I sure as shit am not going to pay $695 for a 4 in bigger screen
I think you're missing the point. The 12" screen has over twice the area of the 8". It's not just a 4 inch increase. It's a 30+ square inches increase.

BroncoJay

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I think you're missing the point. The 12" screen has over twice the area of the 8". It's not just a 4 inch increase. It's a 30+ square inches increase.
No point missed here..
Just don’t care ....either way I’m not spending $695 for a “tv” screen in my off road rig
Seldom do I use the one I got in my Toyota

If this floats your boat spend the cash and get it...no need to try and convince me of it

Tdifonzo

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

No point missed here..
Just don’t care ....either way I’m not spending $695 for a “tv” screen in my off road rig
Seldom do I use the one I got in my Toyota

If this floats your boat spend the cash and get it...no need to try and convince me of it
Not trying to convince you. Just telling you it's twice the size. Not 4" bigger. Plus nobody is paying $695 for a "tv" screen. It's comes with the high package.

Advertisement

Wide Open Roads

Advertisement