Sponsored

Black Diamond 32's vs 33's. How much of a difference?

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mentally I really want to run 33s on my base bronco. In my perfect vision it would look like this.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond 32's vs 33's. How much of a difference? 363F8899-C71A-4D3E-A7AD-528251931292

But since it doesn’t have the badlands “lift”, it will look more like this.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond 32's vs 33's. How much of a difference? 363F8899-C71A-4D3E-A7AD-528251931292

Those are 33s on a big bend. Close, but not enough open wheel travel space for my taste.

So I’m thinking, till some company offers a mild 1” level kit I’ll run 265/75r16s and should look like this black diamond. Which also has pretty perfect proportions to my liking!

That last pic looks sooo good.

If you haven’t seen it in person, I would wait and look at options. I have been up close with all of the models and the BD looks better in person than in pictures. That being said, even my wife wanted to go BL and 33” tires. Which is what I ordered. She just thinks it looks more balanced. I did not go 35s, not for looks, just overall use case for me and long term cost (fuel and tires).
yeah, I'm hearing from more and more people that are finally seeing the BD's in person, that the tires look great in person, and really not much of a need to go to 33's. Esp if you're just after the looks.

Which is exactly what I was trying to figure out when I started this thread!

I was on the fence earlier, but 100% I'm keeping what the BD comes with. I'll worry about maybe putting 33's on there years later after the 32's need replacing. But I can barely tell you what I have planned for tonight, nevermind years from now.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah, I'm hearing from more and more people that are finally seeing the BD's in person, that the tires look great in person, and really not much of a need to go to 33's. Esp if you're just after the looks.

I was on the fence earlier, but 100% I'm keeping what the BD comes with. I'll worry about maybe putting 33's on there years later after the 32's need replacing. But I can barely tell you what I have planned for tonight, nevermind years from now.
This is a decent pic with the steellies and 32s. I checked this one out in detail. Pics still don't do it justice, but it looked good.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond 32's vs 33's. How much of a difference? 1625152635288

Ford Bronco Black Diamond 32's vs 33's. How much of a difference? 1625152698693

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m a fan of General tires in the past…but, have 15% off 4 at Tire Rack and it expires in a month…and just got new Michelin Defenders for the Transit…

Guess I’ll research the stock General’s more and see if getting a set of snows for the Bronco makes the most sense…

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone with the stock 32"s on their BD measured their ground clearance yet? Super interested in knowing for off road reasons and annoyed the Ford.com spec sheet still only has base and squatch info listed

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone with the stock 32"s on their BD measured their ground clearance yet? Super interested in knowing for off road reasons and annoyed the Ford.com spec sheet still only has base and squatch info listed
15 5/8" to the rock sliders.

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

15 5/8" to the rock sliders.
What about to the bits underneath? Looked like the low point of the center of the under carriage was way less than that. Much appreciated on the precision tho 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Can confirm

I was deadset on SAS for looks. Especially after seeing it in person

Then finally saw 32s last weekend on the OBX and I loved what I saw. Trust me bud, the regular tires look proportioned. I think in photos it can be deceiving

I downgraded from SAS to regular. Because tbh I was only doing it for looks and it was a relief to see the 32s (which aren't small tires)ook great on the obx

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What A lot of people don’t know is that the optional MT’s on the Badlands are a true 33.
The caveat is they are about a pound lighter than then 31.6’s of the Black Diamond. The KO2’s are smaller and heavier for the Badlands.
Yes you would very much notice this difference.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What about to the bits underneath? Looked like the low point of the center of the under carriage was way less than that. Much appreciated on the precision tho 🙏🏻🙏🏻
Lowest point seems to be the bashplate in cargo area which is 8 3/4"

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I concur. Non-Sas BD is plenty big for me. I'll save my money for now and get full usage out of the Grabbers while I keep an eye out for the right wheel upgrade. Then I *might* go 33".

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lowest point seems to be the bashplate in cargo area which is 8 3/4"
Friend, you are a hero 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Bummed there won't be any clearance gainz over my Xterra but that's what the bash plates are for anyway 😬😬

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m probably going to do the one inch level kit plus 33’s and keep the wheels from factory (non steely).
That setup looks amazing in the Town and country video on you tube.
Sponsored