Sponsored

Black Diamond 32's vs 33's. How much of a difference?

segt1915

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That last pic looks sooo good.

yeah, I'm hearing from more and more people that are finally seeing the BD's in person, that the tires look great in person, and really not much of a need to go to 33's. Esp if you're just after the looks.

Which is exactly what I was trying to figure out when I started this thread!

I was on the fence earlier, but 100% I'm keeping what the BD comes with. I'll worry about maybe putting 33's on there years later after the 32's need replacing. But I can barely tell you what I have planned for tonight, nevermind years from now.
I want to provide additional reassurance for anyone else with this specific concern. I spent weeks worrying that the BD tires were going to look too small and pretty much assumed that I'd be upgrading to 33's the minute mine came in. The stock BD set up looks MUCH better in person than in the first few photographs I'd seen before taking delivery.

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I want to provide additional reassurance for anyone else with this specific concern. I spent weeks worrying that the BD tires were going to look too small and pretty much assumed that I'd be upgrading to 33's the minute mine came in. The stock BD set up looks MUCH better in person than in the first few photographs I'd seen before taking delivery.
that's what I keep hearing. and in fact know someone that actually purchased 33's ahead of getting it and said they sorta regret it. The 32's look great.

I am 100% sticking with the 32's.

If I ever get my Bronco, that is...

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

that's what I keep hearing. and in fact know someone that actually purchased 33's ahead of getting it and said they sorta regret it. The 32's look great.

I am 100% sticking with the 32's.

If I ever get my Bronco, that is...
I just saw a BD IRL and the tires looked great on it. The black steelies too, which surprised me.

Strong & Free

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy Nova
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think your BD looks
great with the steelies!

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, so for those better in the know than me...

How much of a difference will 33' tires make on the Black Diamond compared to the 32'? Looks wise.

Me personally, am a very visual person. I need to see it. It's hard for me to picture things. So while I think the 33's on the Badlands in all the pics we've seen have looked great. I have zero idea what 33's will look like on a Black Diamond. Will it make a big difference compared to what it has? I like the look and stance of the BL, and for the most part have liked the what I've seen with the BD (sans the infamous red topless photos... hoping that was just a bad hair day or something). The BL I've built is about $5k more than the BD, but I'm not sure I can justify the added cost just to get better looking tires? Esp when all the other stuff I'll never use, and could just upgrade the BD tires for far less than $5k.

Anyway, curious to what people that can actually picture it think.

What also made me think of this was that other thread of the photos of the 33's next to the 35's and how they looked pretty much the same. So I started thinking, going from 32 to 33 might not be noticeable? Esp since it's even less of a jump?

Also, with that said... for those of you that plan on swapping right away, it would be awesome if you would post before & after photos. (with the 32's vs 33's)

And yes, I've used that tire size comparison site. That helps visualize it somewhat, but it's not actually on the vehicle. (and it doesn't look like much on the site)
1613750001544.png
generally if you are asking what is the difference in how a tire looks rather than how it performs, you are already lost. you just need to spend the money for the sasq package. you did not mention anything about what the intended use of the vehicle was for. snow, sand, rock or asphalt? do you think some 26s would better suit your purpose? or some mudders, with huge tread blocks? what about a set of whitewalls?

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm glad I came across this thread. I'm thinking of completely re-doing my build from a basesquatch to a BD non-squatch, and I was concerned that the 32's might look too small. After reading all of the responses here I am relieved that it looks better proportioned in person as compared to the pictures. I feel like I will get a lot more bang for my buck with BD non-squatch (for my use) as compared to basesquatch, so when I convert to a MY22 that's what I'm gonna go with. Now the only problem I have is what to do about my screen name and avatar...

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just grabbed 4 Gen Grabber X3 Mud Terrain tires (the 5th tire comes Monday). My wheels are in at the dealership 17X9 Fuel Shok in Bronze which should look good on my Velocity Blue 2 door BD.

The tires are a 295/70/17 (so 33.3”) I plan on running a 1.5” or 2” spacer lift but I want to install without a lift first to see what kind of clearing I have just for fun.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond 32's vs 33's. How much of a difference? 192038AB-029A-4850-A18E-C1E19986E326

Ford Bronco Black Diamond 32's vs 33's. How much of a difference? 0688A53F-9E8A-4F5B-8D9F-620DE490186E

Swimdc

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5 (prev - FJ, sold thinking I’d see Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just grabbed 4 Gen Grabber X3 Mud Terrain tires (the 5th tire comes Monday). My wheels are in at the dealership 17X9 Fuel Shok in Bronze which should look good on my Velocity Blue 2 door BD.

The tires are a 295/70/17 (so 33.3”) I plan on running a 1.5” or 2” spacer lift but I want to install without a lift first to see what kind of clearing I have just for fun.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond 32's vs 33's. How much of a difference? 0688A53F-9E8A-4F5B-8D9F-620DE490186E

Please post a few pics once its done

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs