Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the same thing in mind, including the chrome dish hub caps. I haven’t found any yet, but icon 4x4 puts them on their Bronco builds. I believe icon builds their own wheels. Their website doesn’t show that they sell their wheels, but I’ll call them and see if they would be willing to sell wheels. I might be able to afford their wheels, but not their + $200k Builds. https://www.icon4x4.com/br/config
oops - just called Icon. They can sell their old school Bronco wheels for $900 ea. Nice, but I can’t afford that.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the same thing in mind, including the chrome dish hub caps. I haven’t found any yet, but icon 4x4 puts them on their Bronco builds. I believe icon builds their own wheels. Their website doesn’t show that they sell their wheels, but I’ll call them and see if they would be willing to sell wheels. I might be able to afford their wheels, but not their + $200k Builds. https://www.icon4x4.com/br/config
Old timey wheels had dimples around the center section to hold the inner rim of the baby moons, modern Base and BD wheels do not, so I don't think they will work

Last edited:

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just put new tires on my wifes H3. They are 31.6" 265/75R16 Coopers and i can't believe how beefy they look. I'm thinking i can forgo Squatch if i can run 33's.

MinorGroove

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 and 1964-1/2 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bet the ICON wheels are cost prohibitive as well, even if they will sell them. The more I look at the stock BD steel wheels, the more they look like the spare tire on my 2016 F150. I may have to get out the jack tools and lower my spare tire steel wheel to see if that is a close match. If so, I'll see what the hubcap diameter on that center section might be. Do we know yet if the Bronco will have the same bolt pattern as the current 6-lug F150s?

Max_Brush

Black Diamond
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subuaru Legacy Premium 2.5L
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly was not a fan of the stock wheels but they have grown on me a lot. Thanks for making my decision so much harder lol..

MinorGroove

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 and 1964-1/2 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Old timey wheels had dimples around the center section to hold the inner rim of the baby moons, modern Base and BD wheels do not, so I don't think they will woek
Good point, however full size hubcaps always had the springy metal tabs on the inside of the hubcap to friction fit inside the smooth steel wheels. Maybe we could find a baby moon style hubcap with these spring friction tabs to tightly hold to the smooth center section.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I love the 33s on the Black Diamond and they look cool on steel. BIG QUESTION: Will the stock steel rims be wide enough to accommodate the the 285mm 33" All terrains from the Badlands?

The 265mm 32 inch tires standard on the Black Diamond probably means that the steel rims are 9.5 or 10.0 inches wide. The Badlands rims are most likely 10.5 inches wide. So, if the Black Diamond rims are 9.5 inches, then the 33' All terrains won't fit at all and it they are 10.0, they aren't optimal size for the 33s.

The website says " 17” Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum - Optional on Black Diamond". Perhaps the optional aluminum rims are wider than the stock steel.

My preferred build is to have the 33" Badlands All Terrains come from the factory on my Black Diamond. I also want whatever rims I need to come from the factory.

Anyone have insights or thoughts on this?
7.5” on the badlands are the minimum width for Duratracs

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good point, however full size hubcaps always had the springy metal tabs on the inside of the hubcap to friction fit inside the smooth steel wheels. Maybe we could find a baby moon style hubcap with these spring friction tabs to tightly hold to the smooth center section.
Different lug pattern but....

Ford Police interceptors have both full wheel covers and chrome center cap options. Both have metal tabs that grab onto the flanged lug nuts (not the rim itself).

Ford Bronco Black Diamond 33s on stock steel wheels dg1z1015a

If it’s true that the Bronco rides on Ranger wheels, here’s a shot of a fleet/commercial center cap... doesn’t cover the lug nuts... but shows a proof of concept. It’s definitely doable.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond 33s on stock steel wheels 5e9625c7e6a371064e08e568
Also, I’ve been referring to this chart a bunch lately:

Ford Bronco Black Diamond 33s on stock steel wheels ABD36363-AEA5-446B-BEA0-7F85CC260C04

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I see in the Ford's documents that the Badland's wheels are 8", not 7.5" like the Black Diamond.
Sorry - typo - mean to say Black Diamond.

Right, so the 7” Base wheels will not work but the 7.5” Black Diamond will. There is the question of rubbing without the extra 1.2” the Bilsteins add, but I think for most usage you’d be clear.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry - typo - mean to say Black Diamond.

Right, so the 7” Base wheels will not work but the 7.5” Black Diamond will. There is the question of rubbing without the extra 1.2” the Bilsteins add, but I think for most usage you’d be clear.
Got it. Hopefully there will be a lift option we can buy.