Black Diamond Aftermarket Wheels

J Jernigan

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Are you guys blindly shopping for wheels? You know the factory offset is 55mm right? The entire aftermarket world shrinks to about 50 some odd wheels which still result in a 1” poke (25-35 offset). The factory 7.5” wheels have 6.4” backspacing. 95% of the wheels you’re looking at with 0-10 offset will stick out 2-3 inches per side

like those method 703s - it’s a 4.75” backspace on a 8.5” rim. So it’s will be 3.75 from the mounting plate. Stock wheels are 1.1” from mounting plate. Face of wheel will be protruding 2.65” over stock...plus the added width of whatever beefier tire you choose over stock....per side...those method wheels plus tires would result in a cartoonish half foot plus wider width (outer tire to outer tire)
true statement

Advertisement

OP

avt10

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Strangely a while after making this thread, the more I look at the steelies the more I am starting to dig them! Can always change them out in the future but I think I am going to stay with the stock steelies at first.

Gaucholoco

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I like the stock BD wheels, but not the gloss black paint, I run the desert rocks and dry river beds a lot and always scratch up the wheel paint. So I will have them stripped and powder coated (baked) black. Durable and easy to clean.
Any idea what that might cost for the set of 5?
Thanks

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 14 Ford Fusion, 05 Volvo V70R
Clubs

Thanks
It really varies by what shop you use. I would just call around and ask, but where I'm at, you pay at least $100/ wheel if not more.

JesseS

Black Diamond
First Name
Jesse
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Clubs

Thanks
It really depends on where you are and who does the work, I have a good shop that specializes in powder coating, he will do them for $80 a wheel if they are new, cost goes up if he has to do a lot of prep work.

alexraw

Black Diamond
First Name
alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
I really like the wheel and tire setup shown on the overland build that I have as my profile picture. I am highly considering going this route the company is called Fifteen52

Advertisement

Advertisement