avt10

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone going BD and thinking of upgrading the wheels aftermarket? The aluminum wheels for $995 don’t seem that special to me, and I don’t want to keep the steelies. I was looking for wheels online but I’m not sure how to find what would be compatible yet. I want something not so flashy (not the OB wheels!), something closer to BL wheels.
Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agree. I’d like to find some similar to the Sasquatch bead lock look

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m upgrading to the black aluminium wheels there ok better than the steel ones wish we had more options though. Thought about getting some wheels from black rhino but then got to pay dealer to put them on so Im just going to go with the black aluminum option from ford

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whatever rims that come on the Bronco I decide on will be winter-duty. I'll get something nice for the summer.

Most of the offerings Ford has on any model, I think, aren't very good looking. The alloys on the BD especially.

The steel on the BD will be perfect for winter.

You can search the forum and find what is likely the offset, and bolt patter, but I don't think anything has been officially released.

Sponsored
OP
OP

avt10

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks to be 6x139.7mm / 6x5.5” for bolt pattern. I will take a look at some Ranger wheels!

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I love the black steelies. That is one of the features that first pulled me to this trim.

I say no on aftermarket because I have gone down this road before and it’s not cheap. Aside from the costs of the wheels and the more expensive AT or MT tire, you have to consider:

suspension (do you need a lift)
what type of suspension lift
adjusting your speedometer
potentially re-gearing
how the tires fit in your wheel well (do they rub)

maybe some other things but that is the bulk of it.

It really is best (IMO) to go with the options offered from factory. I say that for this vehicle because there are a lot of great options (Sasquatch for example).

But on the other side of the coin people do this all the time and there is a big market for it. For me it was challenging to accomplish because I had to gather the funds, do research, find people to do the work that wouldn’t cost me an arm and a leg. In the end I told myself that next time I am just going to finance it all up front to get done at the time of purchase. I had my vehicle for 3 years before I got everything done that I wanted. You know, life happens and it’s not always easy to justify spending big money on your vehicle.

OP
OP

avt10

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@centra28 those are great points, I don’t want to change the suspension otherwise I would just be getting a Sasquatch. I really don’t want to change anything except the wheels, not even the tires. Hence trying to figure out what would be safely compatible.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aside from the costs of the wheels and the more expensive AT or MT tire, you have to consider:

suspension (do you need a lift)
what type of suspension lift
adjusting your speedometer
potentially re-gearing
how the tires fit in your wheel well (do they rub)
Some of these are considerations but it's not that tough to find an aftermarket wheel that's close in spec to the factory and not have to worry about any of this. This thread is about wheels. Not tires. Some of your points don't matter.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@centra28 those are great points, I don’t want to change the suspension otherwise I would just be getting a Sasquatch. I really don’t want to change anything except the wheels, not even the tires. Hence trying to figure out what would be safely compatible.
if you get the same size wheels to match your tires ??

Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve got some that I am looking at also. For roughly same price I can get some fancy KMC wheels or Method wheels and either keep the steels for winter or sell to offset the cost

assaultdonkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Going with the aluminum over the steel. Even for winter the aluminum will be better, the steel will not hold up as well to the salt in NY. Will get some nicer ones for the summer. Thinking level 8 impact.

rims.jpg

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish the steelies weren’t gloss finish. For that reason, I’m thinking of having them painted a matte black.
Sponsored