Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mercedes-Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Quick question - wasn't the Mid Package going to be standard on the Big Bend & Black Diamond trims? Am I missing something? I noticed that it is charging about $3k on both models to upgrade. Can anyone provide some clarity?

I keep going back and forth because I can basically build a BB to the BD configuration while scooping the Sig Lighting but getting a cheap plastic rear-bumper, losing a GOAT mode, and the MGV. Anything else I am missing here? Tire size appears to be the same and the wheels change. I wish we could upgrade the rear-bumper to PC steel on the BB.

Thoughts for anyone struggling with the same?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Quick question - wasn't the Mid Package going to be standard on the Big Bend & Black Diamond trims? Am I missing something? I noticed that it is charging about $3k on both models to upgrade. Can anyone provide some clarity?

I keep going back and forth because I can basically build a BB to the BD configuration while scooping the Sig Lighting but getting a cheap plastic rear-bumper, losing a GOAT mode, and the MGV. Anything else I am missing here? Tire size appears to be the same and the wheels change. I wish we could upgrade the rear-bumper to PC steel on the BB.

Thoughts for anyone struggling with the same?
1895 for auto, 1495 for mid roughly

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mid package is not standard until OBX. To my knowledge, this has always been the case.
Mid package has always been standard on OBX.

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
@TexAg13 you also lose the skid plate set, rocker protection, AT tires and the optional Advanced Transfer Case going with the BB build over the BD.

It really depends upon what you are up to.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll just come right out and admit it. I like the three lower trims better than the three upper ones. Partly I’m a cheap bastard that doesn’t care about luxury upgrades and two, the lower trims remind me more of EBs.

To your question I think it boils down to two key things; whether you prefer MVG and washout vs Cloth and, if you are not going SAS, you can’t get A4wd on BB but you can on BD. (IMO, bumpers, grills, wheels and tires will all be solved pretty easy with aftermarket).

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s crazy; I started out with Badlands, then thought I was locked in with a BD. I knew I was going to upgrade the steelies, then I realized how much I actually like the Big Bend wheels. But then I realized I’m not saving money by not buying wheels, if I’m now upgrading seat covers and bumpers. So I guess I’ll stick with the BD and the advanced 4x4.

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s crazy; I started out with Badlands, then thought I was locked in with a BD. I knew I was going to upgrade the steelies, then I realized how much I actually like the Big Bend wheels. But then I realized I’m not saving money by not buying wheels, if I’m now upgrading seat covers and bumpers. So I guess I’ll stick with the BD and the advanced 4x4.
If I read this correct the BB does not come with advanced 4x4 with all the GOAT modes? What if you order the SAS with BB does that include the advanced 4x4? Sorry I’m reading too many threads and getting confused.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I read this correct the BB does not come with advanced 4x4 with all the GOAT modes? What if you order the SAS with BB does that include the advanced 4x4? Sorry I’m reading too many threads and getting confused.
If you get Sasquatch with 2.7 liter engine and 10 speed transmission, you get the advanced 4x4 on the Big Bend along with all of the Goat modes included on that trim.

The number of Goat modes on the trim you select never changes. It stays the same no matter how your Bronco is built.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you get Sasquatch, you get the advanced 4x4 on the Big Bend along with all of the Goat modes included on that trim. You have to get Sasquatch to get the advanced 4x4 on the Big Bend.
Thank you for your patience with me.... And thank you for your help. I’m planning on getting the BB with Sasquatch thus being 7 GOAT modes and advanced 4x4. So really there is no advantage to jump into the Black Diamond. Only if I wanted the vinyl seats, rock rails, bumpers and switches.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for your patience with me.... And thank you for your help. I’m planning on getting the BB with Sasquatch thus being 7 GOAT modes and advanced 4x4. So really there is no advantage to jump into the Black Diamond. Only if I wanted the vinyl seats, rock rails, bumpers and switches.
The Big Bend comes with six goat modes. The Black Diamond is the one that comes with seven. The Black Diamond comes with rock crawl as the additional one.

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Big Bend comes with six goat modes. The Black Diamond is the one that comes with seven. The Black Diamond comes with rock crawl as the additional one.
OK I get it:
BB + Sasquatch = 6 GOAT
BD + Sasquatch = 7 GOAT
Badlands + Sasquatch = 7 GOAT

tower9000

Black Diamond
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you're going Sasquatch, not sure why you would get the BB over standard Base. There is very little difference between the two with Sasquatch.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you're going Sasquatch, not sure why you would get the BB over standard Base. There is very little difference between the two with Sasquatch.
There's actually one huge difference between BB Squatch & Base Squatch..... RACE RED! That's why I'm going BB and going to upgrade wheels/tires as opposed to a Base Squatch. Gotta have my Race Red!
Sponsored