Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

that Napier tent has been on my watch list for a while.

Chris_Derksen

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was considering getting the slide floor and drawer top to level out the cargo area. Just a question are you able to sit up without hitting your head?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks great. That attic shelf is awesome, but I'm one of the unlucky ones that don't have those holes in the bar to tie it to.
So I've got an early 21 Wildtrak and didn't have the 2nd hole. I had to drill holes and use a nut insert tool so I could mount the GOAT Cargo basket. I posted a link in the thread write up I did. If it's something you really want, it's not that hard to do tbh.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ironiguana

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was considering getting the slide floor and drawer top to level out the cargo area. Just a question are you able to sit up without hitting your head?
If I try sitting up straight under attic tray, I hit my head. If I am under bimini top, my head touches bimini top. Without the bimini top, my head would not hit anything. I am 5'8". Hope that helps.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does all that gear stow up small/compact when you're driving? I've got 2 adults and 2 half adults so I can't use the back seat for gear storage

OP
OP
Ironiguana

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does all that gear stow up small/compact when you're driving? I've got 2 adults and 2 half adults so I can't use the back seat for gear storage
The tent actually takes up a big amount of space once you take it out of the original packaging. I don't see how they get it back in there...

With the seats down, the bed and pillows fold up nicely over the seat area and leaves plenty of room for tent, clothes, and some other gear over the drawer. The cargo carrier carries the cooler and other random camping gear. I have a waterproof bag that fits in the carrier that allows you to stack items in there without fear of it falling out.

The 3" foam is more of a luxury item for us empty nester older folks. For a family of 4, sleeping bags would take up a lot less space so I would think you could make it work with a cargo carrier or a roof rack of some sort.

Chris_Derksen

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I try sitting up straight under attic tray, I hit my head. If I am under bimini top, my head touches bimini top. Without the bimini top, my head would not hit anything. I am 5'8". Hope that helps.
This is perfect thank you.

OuterBankSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fun setup, thank you for sharing! Also concur with all of the attic-tray fans, what a cool product, hope they will make one for the 2-door as well.

Sponsored

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After 7 months, I finally finished my "Car Camping build". Not quite a full overlander, but good for a few days off-roading and sleeping in the back with an attached tent. Needed to make it both rugged and as comfortable as possible for the wife and I. With a 25 month wait for the Bronco, I over researched everything and took advantage of big sales like the Black Friday Specials.

Here is my list for what I thought would work best (so far so good):
  • Step- Go Rhino Dominator Extreme D6
  • Rekgen regular length Merica front mud flaps
  • Barnes rear shock skid plates
  • 10” Baja Designs S8 light bar and wiring harness
  • JTops Bimini top
  • Oracle Flush Mounted Tail lights
  • Stickerfab Reverse Harness
  • Cargo Carrier
  • Kuat Swing away extension
  • Pura Vida attic tray
  • Diabolical slide drawer
  • Napier SUV Tent
The D6’s and Rekgens work great for keeping rocks off the paint.
rekgen-D6.jpg

S8 gives me plenty of light up front in a nice compact size.
light.jpg

Jtop Bimini keeps the open roof comfortable and doesn’t flap at highway speeds.

I used the reverse harness to hook up the Oracle reverse light to an accessory switch for rear lighting (should be good for tent set up if needed).
IMG_1583.jpg

I already had a hitch mount cargo carrier from another vehicle but access to the cargo area was a PITA and I couldn’t use the entire carrier because of the tire. I got the swing away and it solved both problems.

The Pura Vida attic tray is perfect for keeping my recovery gear out of the way but still accessible.
attic 3.jpg

The Diabolical slide drawer was the answer I was looking for to level out the sleeping area and to make logical use of that space. This was my most expensive add-on but it is built like a tank and I love it. I did have to make a 2' platform to level it completely. That is a full size 3" memory foam topper. Wife and I tested it out and it is comfeee... (We are not tall people)
IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

Finally, I bought a tent for the “living room” area. We can have a space to hang out in bad weather and still have access to the vehicle.
tent 1.jpg

tent 2.jpg
Awesome build man! Nice and budget friendly, I love it when folks get out there and adventure but don't drop THOUSANDS in cash to drive like the YouTube big Boys on the trail! You and the Mrs. have fun!

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The attic tray is exactly what I was looking for to hold my rifle during hunting season! It is going on my birthday wish list for the wife!

dhendriksen

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands - Loaded 2.7 with SAS and LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Attic Tray is awesome!
I will be ordering one as soon as available again.
I too am looking longingly at the attic tray. Looks like it is available, but the other part needed is not. Does anyone know if the attic tray works with the soft top and it’s operation?

OP
OP
Ironiguana

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model