Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When you disconnect the door's wiring harness you do not get a notification that it is open anymore. Same as Jeep.
I was kinda goofing with the door ajar comment. :D I was sure Ford was smart enough to compensate for the doors off mode, but thanks for the detail info; it makes sense to change the electrical condition that triggers the warning with changing the state at the door pigtail.

My YJ was old school; no fancy door notifications. :LOL:
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I Don't know what it is about the BD photos but its pulling me towards the dark side (4Dr) ....
I guess I just remember the original as a 2-door only; the 4-door just looks weird to me. But I was going with carbon gray, but I may swap to black. I have 3 other cars and a truck that are black. Was trying to branch out to another color.

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was kinda goofing with the door ajar comment. :D I was sure Ford was smart enough to compensate for the doors off mode, but thanks for the detail info; it makes sense to change the electrical condition that triggers the warning with changing the state at the door pigtail.

My YJ was old school; no fancy door notifications. :LOL:
Oh. I'm not going to lie, I rolled my eyes at the comment because I thought you were serious, but I also wanted to be helpful. :ROFLMAO:

Pretty sure my buddy's TJ has a light that came on when a door was open and he had to clip a wire or pull a fuse to stop it when going doorless. No wiring harnesses in those doors either, but I believe there was a pressure switch near the hinges in the door jamb.

Tommy1135

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I guess I just remember the original as a 2-door only; the 4-door just looks weird to me. But I was going with carbon gray, but I may swap to black. I have 3 other cars and a truck that are black. Was trying to branch out to another color.
I agree. When I look at the Bronco, it has the opposite effect on how I view the Jeep. 2dr Bronco looks better than a 4dr, but I think the 4dr Jeep looks nicer than their 2dr.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hold on here... I thought the BD grille was black? This looks to be like the BD grille in MIC gray. I hope they don't do that, I prefer black. These are the type of details that keep me from committing to 1 build after a month of B&P.

edit: Now I wonder about BaseManSquatch too. Without seeing these details or having them set in stone, it just makes me wonder. The one thing I'm glad I did was cancel my July reservation and keep the Granger October deal. I have plenty of time to figure this out and should see vehicles before a VIN gets created.
I think the lighting (or glare) is affecting the look of the BD grill and making it look grey in some pics and black in others.. I’ve been thrown off by it as well. Here are two pics of the same grill. (I still like this grill the best)

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco (Shadow Black) Side Shot and Interior C6DA9AC5-1CD0-4078-BB6E-60A33934846C
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco (Shadow Black) Side Shot and Interior 90E0F80F-0BF5-4E17-A83E-0EC9380FEE9F

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the lighting (or glare) is affecting the look of the BD grill and making it look grey in some pics and black in others.. I’ve been thrown off by it as well. Here are two pics of the same grill. (I still like this grill the best)

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco (Shadow Black) Side Shot and Interior 90E0F80F-0BF5-4E17-A83E-0EC9380FEE9F
I assumed because the grill is MIC that it matched the MIC top exactly.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh. I'm not going to lie, I rolled my eyes at the comment because I thought you were serious, but I also wanted to be helpful. :ROFLMAO:

Pretty sure my buddy's TJ has a light that came on when a door was open and he had to clip a wire or pull a fuse to stop it when going doorless. No wiring harnesses in those doors either, but I believe there was a pressure switch near the hinges in the door jamb.
It was helpful. I honestly thought with the User Interface, the driver would have to override the notifications manually. integrating it into the harness makes more sense.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I certainly hope you are right. I do think in this photo all the MIC parts match pretty well.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco (Shadow Black) Side Shot and Interior 3A8039B9-24E4-494D-943D-CECB58792737
As far as i know, the flares and grille are black MIC while the top is the carbonized MIC.
Sponsored