First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I see a lot of post and pictures about the Badlands and Wildtrack but not much on the Black Diamond. I have built all of them out several times and it seems I’m getting the most bang for my buck with a Black Diamond. My must haves for me are 4dr, 2.7, Squach package, MIC and Mid Level trim. For my lifestyle I really like the Marine Grade seats also. One thing I wish I could have is sway bar disconnect. Anyone else thinking the same way? I’m I missing something by not upgrading to the Badlands or Wildtrack?
Sponsored

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm getting a Black Diamond, my big debate now is SAS or Not? If it's true they will have a 2 inch factory lift as a B&P option, would it make more sense for me to skip SAS and do the lift and buy bigger tires and wheels separately? Or does the SAS still make the most sense and get the included tire and wheels?

Also, with a 2 inch factory lift, what the maximum size tires that can be fitted?

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see a lot of post and pictures about the Badlands and Wildtrack but not much on the Black Diamond. I have built all of them out several times and it seems I’m getting the most bang for my buck with a Black Diamond. My must haves for me are 4dr, 2.7, Squach package, MIC and Mid Level trim. For my lifestyle I really like the Marine Grade seats also. One thing I wish I could have is sway bar disconnect. Anyone else thinking the same way? I’m I missing something by not upgrading to the Badlands or Wildtrack?
100% there will be aftermarket options for sway bar disconnects. Just make have to wait a bit. You always have the options for the manual disconnects like the jeeps styles

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm on BD, too....but because I don't want squatch or front disconnect. It seems to me that since you do, you might be better with the BL? Can't be much price diff.

Sponsored

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't need the high or lux packages, love the MGV, don't want the sasquatch, and mid package has all the creature comforts I want. 4-door, MIC, 2.7, Advanced 4x4, and towing are all on my list. STEEL WHEELS are the icing on the cake for the BD! Now I just have to decide on the color.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going 4 door cyber orange BD
I will go squatch if factory lift isn’t available or stupid expensive
If it’s priced right I’d prefer to skip squatch keep the steelies and add a nice set of 33s.
I will get the 2.7 with mid and roof top tent with rails preferably

OP
OP
scottyb907

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm on BD, too....but because I don't want squatch or front disconnect. It seems to me that since you do, you might be better with the BL? Can't be much price diff.
It’s about $3200 more for for the BLs in the same build. I have not seen anything to justify the cost for me personally. I don’t want a High or Lux package so that’s not a factor.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I go back and forth every day it seems between Badlands/Sas/High and Black Diamond/Sas/Mid.

Advantages for Badlands for me: Swaybar disconnect, 12' screen and 360 camera (big advantage). Advantages for Back Diamond: Better looking grill, better looking interior, cheaper, Sport Mode (big advantage). It's a tough call...that's why I go back and forth so much.

Sponsored
OP
OP
scottyb907

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm getting a Black Diamond, my big debate now is SAS or Not? If it's true they will have a 2 inch factory lift as a B&P option, would it make more sense for me to skip SAS and do the lift and buy bigger tires and wheels separately? Or does the SAS still make the most sense and get the included tire and wheels?

Also, with a 2 inch factory lift, what the maximum size tires that can be fitted?
I was thinking the same way but what pushed me towards getting the Squach pk is it appears that’s the only way you can get a front locker? And I read somewhere the High Clearance was a better Blistien setup? Going on forums and YouTube videos so I’m not for sure ... as most of us we are guessing.
I do like the idea of putting on my own rims and tires and having the steelies for winter driving.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I started off with a BB reservation. Migrated to BD for only $600 more similarly equipped and get more functions. I don't need Signature Lighting. This looks more like a classic with the grille, headlights and tail lights.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Builds 2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond

Attachments

OP
OP
scottyb907

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I go back and forth every day it seems between Badlands/Sas/High and Black Diamond/Sas/Mid.

Advantages for Badlands for me: Swaybar disconnect, 12' screen and 360 camera (big advantage). Advantages for Back Diamond: Better looking grill, better looking interior, cheaper, Sport Mode (big advantage). It's a tough call...that's why I go back and forth so much.
It looks like the Grilles maybe interchangable, if you seen the Ford Nights videos... or whatever they called that series they did a few weeks ago.
The replaceable fenders and quarters were badass. Probably $$$$ also ?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As not knowing a ton about off-road vehicles, but I'm going to ask anyway since I don't know... Does the swaybar disconnect come with SAS package on the Badlands? I ask because it doesn't come with other Sas packages and was wondering if adding that to Badlands removes swaybar disconnect option.

OP
OP
scottyb907

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I started off with a BB reservation. Migrated to BD for only $600 more similarly equipped and get more functions. I don't need Signature Lighting. This looks more like a classic with the grille, headlights and tail lights.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Builds 2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
How did you download your build? Been trying to figure that out...
I also considered the BB for a bit also. The options on the BD soon changed my mind also.
Sponsored