Sponsored

Black Diamond drain plugs - how do they seal?

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do we think the models with wash out and no carpet will be a lot louder than models with carpet? I went with BD and now am second guessing myself, i have to think the carpet offers a great deal of sound deadening if it has padding under it? any thoughts?
I would say carpet would be a little quieter but with floor liners it shouldn’t be a big deal.
Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would say carpet would be a little quieter but with floor liners it shouldn’t be a big deal.
Yeah why wouldn't you just get carpet mats and a carpet trunk liner if you are worried? Check Lloyd mats the stuff is 10x thicker than any standard factory carpet solution and they are not very expensive. Wash out floor with Lloyd will be quieter than factory carpet floor.

End of the day it's still a truck, not a Bentley. You can only do so much.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

even with the Ford rubber floor liners it will add an extra layer and lessen the road noise

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All vehicles have holes in the underbody. They are used to set the part in the jig, to allow the piece to be welded to another part, and for drainage when the body of the vehicle goes through the e-coat tank

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah I have had a CJ7 for like 20 years with drain plugs, but it has pretty thick carpeting in it. Then again it never has doors or a top on it so noise has never been a concern of mine. I will use the bronco for some normal driving where I will need doors and tops and was just curious what the BD floor liner will be. Not sure if the BD will just be a sprayed liner or what? Cleary I can get after market mats etc....was just curious what the floor will be like if it does not have carpet...is it just sprayed lightly with something? I could see myself coating it with bedliner, the front driver floor pan was the first thing to rust out in my jeep.
Sponsored