Sponsored

Black Diamond has the best interior. Prove me wrong.

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will the marine vinyl make by butt sweat?

my old yota black vinyl makes a swampy situation on a hot day. And I’m not even a big guy?

debating maybeswitching to the base model and saving maximum $$
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will the marine vinyl make by butt sweat?

my old yota black vinyl makes a swampy situation on a hot day. And I’m not even a big guy?

debating maybeswitching to the base model and saving maximum $$
I would LOVE an answer to the swampy question, it would go a long way.

chrysamere

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Kinda funny that the Badlands has orange stitching, but no orange exterior color to match. (Cyber Orange is yellow)

Sponsored

cody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But, seriously, when I look across all the trim levels, and combine the materials, the colors of those materials, color of dash, etc.... and then the color of the accents like the stitching, handles and vent controls, the Black Diamond just looks to me to be the best combo of looks and materials.
Some people may like the all black of the Badlands, but I prefer a little contrast and a lighter interior in general.
EDIT: I just saw the Navy Pier on the Bronco. No can do. I love blue but it just doesnt look right.
I like the Black Diamond interior the best...wish I could get it on a Badlands. I don't mind the yellow (looks yellow not orange) stitching in the Badlands, but would much prefer the gray seats over the all black of the Badlands. Either way, not a huge difference and the two Marine Grade Vinyl interiors are the two best.
It is a CRIME that you can't get the BD grey vinyl seats w/blue accents in the Badlands. I DO NOT WANT BLACK SEATS or yellow trim. Seems if I'm buying the 'top of the line' I could at least get the other color vinyl. WTF
Excellent comments from everyone.

If Ford is truly listening, I think making the BD MGV interior available across the lineup is the solution to several problems, particularly for FE and BL.

FE:
- It provides a (non-ugly) alternative to the Navy Pier ? in the FE. Keep the power seats and remind FE customers that it is non-washout. Frankly, even just make it a manual seat option.
- Because the BD interior already exists, making ~0-7000 more for FE seems easily achievable by June.
- It would go great with Lighting Blue.

BL:
- The BD is a grey/black Blue-stitching/accent option for those that don't care for the Orange-stitching/accents in BL. (Personally, I like the orange).
- Assuming a 1/3rd take rate, might need 10-20k more sets for BL (a bit more daunting than just for FE, but still seems achievable).
- BL already has an implemented MGV material option.
- Might only need to switch out the seats, and not even the instrument panels (not sure yet how different "dark space grey" is to "dark cactus" as the top panel colors are called in the BN walkthrough).

OBX:
- At least it has two fairly contrasting options already, and the Roast option looks good to me on the fishing rig concept (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...photos-from-ford-employee-roundup-event.4192/).

WT:
- The leather-trimmed sandstone option actually looks good to me here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...p-updated-with-hood-decal-interior-pics.7590/
- Maybe make the Roast option from OBX available :unsure:.

I agree with you that BD and BL have real great interiors (congrats to the design team). Even the idea to bring some color into this grey interior is just great !! However there is no way that I will combine CO, or red, with blue stitching and blue accents, or VB or any Red with orange stitching and orange accents.
If I had a choice though, I would get the BD MGV interior. I like the two shades (gray and black) and the blue accents. This would also look great (better IMO) with Carbonized Gray.
- I think BD w/ blue will obviously mesh well with most exteriors (the blues, whites, silvers, greys, blacks)
- Concerning the reds and oranges, I think the blue stitching will actually be somewhat subtle, and most of the time in the driver's seat you won't be noticing the grabber blue accents except on the vents.
- Red/White/Blue actually seems kind of patriotic for us in the USA.
- As one or two users have have pointed out, orange/blue should actually be complementary.

I believe BD gray seats are much lighter than pictures show, more of a heather gray. If they were dark gray. I would love them and go with BD, otherwise I'm purchasing BL, and love the all black boring seats.
- You are right, we have not seen good images/video of the actual BD interior yet, anxiously awaiting ...
- I don't have enough experience to know if the grey part of the seat will be any cooler than all-black in the Sun.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the brown cloth.
Sorry, man, but thanks for the laugh. You replied to a thread that last had activity 2 years ago and before anyone even had a Bronco.

jdznutz

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Truck Veteran
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, man, but thanks for the laugh. You replied to a thread that last had activity 2 years ago and before anyone even had a Bronco.
I don’t mind…. For some reason this showed up as it had new posts. I started reading through it and my wife started talking so I just made my reply and stopped to talk to her.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Some of these old threads are humorous now. We were all batshit after the interior reveal video. Apparently we’re sorta over it now.
Sponsored