First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure how offer advice here, but as previously mentioned, all the Bronco trim series are very similar and capable. I don’t need to list the differences, but the BD comes standard with a rear locker, added GOAT modes along with a bash plate, rock rails, etc. exactly what’s advertised as you read through each trim series.

You can do plenty with just a rear locker, so in stock form, yes it’s very capable.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Because they are afraid to break the small front axle that has no buisness being there. Atleast make it mandatory on the 4 door because of the weight.

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure how offer advice here, but as previously mentioned, all the Bronco trim series are very similar and capable. I don’t need to list the differences, but the BD comes standard with a rear locker, added GOAT modes along with a bash plate, rock rails, etc. exactly what’s advertised as you read through each trim series.

You can do plenty with just a rear locker, so in stock form, yes it’s very capable.
And as previously mentioned, none of this can be proven without a demonstration from Ford. Every single Bronco that they’ve shown off-road have had upgraded suspension/shocks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
no sas or front lockers,just lift and tires
You’re forgetting about the upgraded suspension and shocks the 4WP build had. It wasn’t just tires and lift.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perception is a funny thing. I get where you're coming from.
I still want to see a VB Bronco in person, despite all the pics we have thus far.

But , having wheeled a 69 Bronc on 33's and open diffs, and even that set up was impressive.....I have no concerns what the BD's capabilities will be, considering the locker and other traction adding aids.

I can't help but think that seeing videos of others wheeling your truck will do little to ease your anxiety.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately, none of that’s been proven or demonstrated. I like to think the proof is in the pudding. And Ford hasn’t provided the Black Diamond folks with much pudding. 😂
If you're going to disbelieve until proven.....

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you're going to disbelieve until proven.....
Most intelligent people would like proof/demonstration of the capability of a vehicle, before spending 47k on it. But if you’re the type of guy that takes every corporation at their word... I have a lot of things I need to sell you! 🤣

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Perception is a funny thing. I get where you're coming from.
I still want to see a VB Bronco in person, despite all the pics we have thus far.

But , having wheeled a 69 Bronc on 33's and open diffs, and even that set up was impressive.....I have no concerns what the BD's capabilities will be, considering the locker and other traction adding aids.

I can't help but think that seeing videos of others wheeling your truck will do little to ease your anxiety.
Exactly! The sooner I see a standard Black Diamond off-roading, I will feel a lot better.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it’s kind of hard to demonstrate the difference between BD and BL or any of the SQ models. The tires are smaller and it doesn’t have a front locker or sway room disconnect. It should do great, unless you exceed the clearance or lift a wheel in the rocks or off camber. Basically like a short wheelbase Ranger Tremor. Places they are demoing them, they just won’t put anything out there other than the top models (KOH/EJS). If that’s the kid of wheeling you are focused on BD is probably in need of SQ for you?

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
it’s kind of hard to demonstrate the difference between BD and BL or any of the SQ models. The tires are smaller and it doesn’t have a front locker or sway room disconnect. It should do great, unless you exceed the clearance or lift a wheel in the rocks or off camber. Basically like a short wheelbase Ranger Tremor. Places they are demoing them, they just won’t put anything out there other than the top models (KOH/EJS). If that’s the kid of wheeling you are focused on BD is probably in need of SQ for you?
You’re completely forgetting about the upgraded shocks and suspension.

It’s actually super easy to demonstrate the difference... you just have to take them BOTH off-road. 🤷🏻‍♂️

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you need to do the crazy stuff they are doing in the promo videos and ride-alongs in Moab, then you probably should be getting the crazy upgraded stuff. Ford is counting on you seeing everyone having a good time and upgrading.

I have been on a lot of horrible, nasty dirt/rock roads when I camp and I've done them in a 2wd F100, F150, Dakota, my current vehicle a "lowrider boat" Toyota Avalon, and even a bunch of times in our old 280Z.

I couldn't go camp where I wanted a few times in the winter when roads were closed to non 4x4s. I have to drive 5mph in the Avalon on anything that hasn't been graded recently. And a couple of times in my Dakota, we had a few scary times that we really wished we had a rear locker.

So I already know what I want and need, and BD will be plenty.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no concerns whatsoever that my BD will be insufficient for my needs. I just want to see one out there doing cool stuff. I get pumped up just seeing pictures of the 2dr with the steelies cause it’s fun to see something close to what I’m getting. It’ll be even more fun to see that on some trails instead of just sitting and looking great.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.