Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I'm surprised this comment didn't get more attention. I don't think the model on 32s and steel wheels is the one for "posers." You can throw a set of big tires and ugly black wheels that stick too far out on a Base just as easily as you can a BD. And considering how many comments I keep seeing about how the 35s "look really good, even if I don't need them" on the Squatch build, posers aren't limiting themselves to the small tire models.

4 door, 2.7, heated seats, 4A, modular top gets it over $50k. Equivalent Badlands is $53k+.
$48K for sas BD with all those same options at one of our fine -$1K invoice dealers. I guess I shopped smarter and got Sas almost free then?
Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While I don't agree with Colby from bama's style, I agree with his premise that I would like to see a black diamond video.

But I appreciate the comments in the thread convincing me the stock BD will be a great off roader. I have to keep telling myself I would never even attempt some of the things in these new bronco videos in a $60k truck...

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
sure, I bet you ran down the list and added EVERY, SINGLE available option you could too...I'm spending $48K on A Sas BD with V6 and mid. If you're adding random bullshit to artificially get the price high then cool I guess but nobody with half a working brain is spending $50K on a non Sas BD when a WT or Badlands could have been bought about the same.
^ Gets proven wrong. Decides to curse and insult. Typical. 😂🤣😭

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
While I don't agree with Colby from bama's style, I agree with his premise that I would like to see a black diamond video.

But I appreciate the comments in the thread convincing me the stock BD will be a great off roader. I have to keep telling myself I would never even attempt some of the things in these new bronco videos in a $60k truck...
Exactly sir! I’m sure the Black Diamond will have plenty of capability for my needs. But I’d still like to see some sort of demonstration from Ford. I’m surprised so many people are against that. They’re just corporate boot-lickers. As consumers, we have the power to get information from Ford. But some people don’t understand that 🤷🏻‍♂️

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Look, it's going to do everything other than rock crawl. Seriously.
Given that a bronco sport did Moab I’m sure the Black Diamond will be fine. There’s a video on here somewhere.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^ Gets proven wrong. Decides to curse and insult. Typical. 😂🤣😭
I just built a BD with V6, auto, mic and mid for $3200 less than what you posted, so like I said you pretty much added everything you possibly could to get it to $50K. I guess one could have fun with their loaded out non Sas BD when they could have gotten a Sas BD cheaper from Granger/Sac or just opted for a WT or Badlands instead lol.

Did you really spend $50K on a non Sas BD? lol...

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exactly sir! I’m sure the Black Diamond will have plenty of capability for my needs. But I’d still like to see some sort of demonstration from Ford. I’m surprised so many people are against that. They’re just corporate boot-lickers. As consumers, we have the power to get information from Ford. But some people don’t understand that 🤷🏻‍♂️
I'd take a Bronco Nation walkaround of the BD at this point. The thing I'm trying to decide on is whether I want to buy aftermarket wheels and tires or just roll with the steel spare rims.

CCBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure what career field you’re in, but in mine, opinionated “advice” isn’t considered factual. This isn’t a “tell me what you THINK the Bronco will do” thread. This is a thread to discuss the lack of standard Black Diamond demonstrations from Ford. It’s really that simple.
Haha, Every comment from you has been defensive. So your thread is just to complain then? Since no one has a crystal ball as to when you’re beloved BD videos will appear providing you with the factual info you so desire, maybe you should cancel your order.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is almost no way they can make a video that will satisfy everyone. What are you going to do, put it in a mud bog and ruin it to show limitations.

If you are worried buy the SAS Bad Lands.

You simply cannot get what you want, even all the videos we have seen I think have had the Sport do the same sections, so you haven't gotten an idea of where even the SAS models will fail.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check out this video (link below). it might provide some insight in terms of the non-Sas capability.

I linked to the segment of the video where the hosts are talking about the three different Bronco versions Ford brought for some Rubicon trail testing. Sounds like a 2-door and 4-door version were non-Sas (although reportedly on 33" tires). But that's not far off from 32".

There are probably other videos on the web from this trip as well.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As stated previously, you can’t make this claim without any proof or demonstration from Ford. You’re telling me the standard BD will do intense rock crawling, or deep mud? No way. I want to know where the limits are. And it’s not unreasonable to wish Ford would provide demonstration of their claims. It’s that simple.
I am confident a stock BD will do 'rock crawling' such as the Lite Brite video. It might not be capable of the early Rubicon and Moab videos, but maybe with a good driver and spotter. Deep mud is not my forte, I would say big, wide aggressive tire (like Sas), lift and two lockers, so yeah Sas.

rlondeen

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree on the need for more videos... on the simple fact I need something to keep me busy while I wait.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sure, I bet you ran down the list and added EVERY, SINGLE available option you could too...I'm spending $48K on A Sas BD with V6 and mid. If you're adding random bullshit to artificially get the price high then cool I guess but nobody with half a working brain is spending $50K on a non Sas BD when a WT or Badlands could have been bought about the same.
He was on Facebook throwing the same tantrum, seeing that made this thread make sense.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well I'm surprised this comment didn't get more attention. I don't think the model on 32s and steel wheels is the one for "posers." You can throw a set of big tires and ugly black wheels that stick too far out on a Base just as easily as you can a BD. And considering how many comments I keep seeing about how the 35s "look really good, even if I don't need them" on the Squatch build, posers aren't limiting themselves to the small tire models.

4 door, 2.7, heated seats, 4A, modular top gets it over $50k. Equivalent Badlands is $53k+.
I was just playing with my obnoxious comment about posers. I think the Bronco in general is awesome and you really cannot go wrong with any trim, except maybe Outer Banks! :D
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.