Sponsored

sasquatchrox

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Audi Allroad, Bronco-II (past)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Friends,

I attended the Bob Maxey Ford event yesterday that featured a nice black outer banks model. A big big shout out to Sean and his wife of "OurBroncoLife" who was present filming some video and chatting with customers. He gave me a tip that Randy Wise Ford of Ortonville, MI was going to have a nice BD today....

So, had a nice 50min drive to visit the BD. I've ordered a BL and the BD has all the goodies I wanted to see....and it didn't disappoint! OMG so so excited and nobody there @16:00 time slot except me and 4 of the nice marketing folks....so, it was all mine and I didn't want to leave it!

I will not provide a super detailed bit and byte level review but simply share the nice pics along with a few of some nice Bronco Sports with "my" CG color I will be getting....super happy I changed to CG.

A few random observations:

1. OMfG - Sasquatch is so huge and sweet compared to Outer Banks. I got standard BL with the 33's but the Squatch is a beast. That's "me" in some of the pics with orange vest and for reference, I'm 6' even.

2. Color is the anti-matter Blue Metallic and looks super sharp

3. Wanted to see and love the MGV seats and I did! Seat firmness is good, texture not weird and will be great. Subaru outback XT model has a similar vinyl but I think this one is better. Looking forward to the BL seats that are darker and orange stitching.

4. Engine is the 2.7 - took some pics of the aux switch wiring in the engine bay; can't wait to hook-up some nice aircraft landing lights ;-)

5. Wash-out floors are bada$$ and will be great. I saw some 6G forum comments wondering if these will have more road noise than the shag carpet mats....I guess time will tell but I can tell you that I was a little surprised that the front and rear floors have some "give", "dampening"...probably a layer of some type of insulation so perhaps that will squelch the road noise a bit.

6. Molle seat backs will be rock'in. It's a rigid matrix so you can snap on carabiner easily and easy to fish through molle accessories

7. Rear (driver side) roll-bar/pillar bottle opener; sorry pic didn't come out....handy to pop a bud etc

8. Rear seat fold down - seems "flat enough" for me ;-)

9. Rear power 5VDC USB and 110VAC - handy

10. Apologies didn't do a bunch of front pics since I gathered those up on the Outer Banks the other day; this was Mid package

11. Rock Rails are ample; Seems lots of debate i.e. ragging about quality since not directly attached to frame rails....however, they seem hyper rigid how they're attached and Ford seems to rate them for gnarly stuff...so good enough for me;

12. From tire/wheel pics, you can see no safety crash tubular steel is present; a bunch of threads on this already

That's about it....can't wait for the real thing to arrive at my dealer ;-)

BL | 2.3L | 10-Spd | 4-Door | MIC | High Pkg | CG | Tow | Roof Rack

[Pics via Google Pixel 3XL phone]

End.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_195542814

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_195553188
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_200731923
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_200803106
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_200849517
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_201139240
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_201554861
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_200050401
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_200121329
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_200131285
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_200246223
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_195638407
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_195645964
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_201626696
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_202631441
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_202638352
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_203008331
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_203100557
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_204257285
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_204321255
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_204356236
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford PXL_20210323_204329333
Sponsored

JohnWayne

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2018 F350, 2015 Transit, 2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sweet! Thanks for the pics and write up. That CG is looking better and better.

BroncoGator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You said you are 6' even and it appears the top of your head was nearly aligned with the top of the soft top in the picture. Was that your perspective?

That would make it a few inches shorter than the listed 4-Door Hard Top Sasquatch height listed from the Bronconation table below. Based on their table, the soft top is 0.1 inch taller than the hard top. Who knows what its correct on this table, but I'm hoping the height is close to your 72" for those of us concerned about fitting through the garage door.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch! My Comments & Pics From Think Ford First Events @ Randy Wise Ford 1616539663276

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. How did you find the interior space - adequate to handle long trips for 4? Did it seem narrow/cramped?

We've had various ranges of feedback saying it felt almost as wide as a silverado, another saying similar to an explorer, and another saying it was as narrow and cramped as a wrangler. I know on paper the cabin width is similar to what you'd find on a standard fare 72" exterior width 'almost' midsize SUVs. Interior hip/shoulder is similar to CRV/Outback.

Sponsored

Sponsored

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You said you are 6' even and it appears the top of your head was nearly aligned with the top of the soft top in the picture. Was that your perspective?

That would make it a few inches shorter than the listed 4-Door Hard Top Sasquatch height listed from the Bronconation table below. Based on their table, the soft top is 0.1 inch taller than the hard top. Who knows what its correct on this table, but I'm hoping the height is close to your 72" for those of us concerned about fitting through the garage door.
1616539663276.png
His shoes probably added another inch (I know, that's what she said)

OP
OP
sasquatchrox

sasquatchrox

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Audi Allroad, Bronco-II (past)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. How did you find the interior space - adequate to handle long trips for 4? Did it seem narrow/cramped?

We've had various ranges of feedback saying it felt almost as wide as a silverado, another saying similar to an explorer, and another saying it was as narrow and cramped as a wrangler. I know on paper the cabin width is similar to what you'd find on a standard fare 72" exterior width 'almost' midsize SUVs. Interior hip/shoulder is similar to CRV/Outback.
I'd honestly say the comfort felt "good"; I know that's lame and qualitative and not quantitative ;-). I currently drive 2014 Audi Allroad and it seemed similar in width so I need to go measure my Allroad. I'd say more Wrangler since I drove one in Hawaii a few years ago vs a larger Silverado. I'm 6' even and had seat adjusted right and then some other dude asked if he could sit in back (plug your Covid ears and eyes) ;-). The guy was also 6' and said he was comfortable. His knees were touching or about touching seat backs but I'm sure it's fine for less than 1,800mi treks ;-).