Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not if the majority of orders would now be “with” sound deadening, which do you think would be run first/most often, but I could be wrong, it’s just my guess!
this headliner is not part of the Ford assembly process, it’s part of the supplier process and there were not a lot of takers. I can see that if 1 out of 20 purchased the headliner it could slow them down because the supplier would have to dedicate 2 manufacturing lines, now it’s just one, but not adding the headliner doesn‘T create an extra step, just gets a different bar code. If you think about it, if adding a headliner is the case to make it a longer build, then a Badlands and Black Diamond would take longest ..those versions have special drain plugs, sway bar disconnect, bash plates etc that other Bronco’s don’t have. Honestly, I don’t think adding options in a particular run bother Ford productivity at all (as long as they have the parts) ..I think they base their runs on demand (model popularity), available production parts and in the case of the Bronco order time stamps. It looks like Badlands has the most initial orders followed by Wildtrack, and then pretty close between all other versions. But time will tell
Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this headliner is not part of the Ford assembly process, it’s part of the supplier process and there were not a lot of takers. I can see that if 1 out of 20 purchased the headliner it could slow them down because the supplier would have to dedicate 2 manufacturing lines, now it’s just one, but not adding the headliner doesn‘T create an extra step, just gets a different bar code. If you think about it, if adding a headliner is the case to make it a longer build, then a Badlands and Black Diamond would take longest ..those versions have special drain plugs, sway bar disconnect, bash plates etc that other Bronco’s don’t have. Honestly, I don’t think adding options in a particular run bother Ford productivity at all (as long as they have the parts) ..I think they base their runs on demand (model popularity), available production parts and in the case of the Bronco order time stamps. It looks like Badlands has the most initial orders followed by Wildtrack, and then pretty close between all other versions. But time will tell
I don’t see how the source would change anything and no, I didn’t say Ford produced the top and I’m under the impression that order rate is much higher than what you suggest, where are you getting your numbers?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
it’s not card board -it’s panel board - In addition to foam, radiant backer and then colored material.

3AA2A9FB-DEB5-45F0-B4D7-0FAF64F376A2.jpeg

Perhaps, there's foam in there, but I'm doubting the hardboard you show is. That stuff is relatively heavy for it's size and soaks moisture like a sponge.

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
MGV interior here and would also prefer aftermarket. I would love to have confirmation from Ford that declining the headliner would not result in a delay.

Sponsored

RandyStewart

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They're installing on all MIC Tops for Broncos that *don't* have the Marine Grade Vinyl.
Customers that DO have MGV need to contact their dealer to add the free deadener if they want it.
Possibly a small update here. I ordered a Badlands with MGV seats. Contacted the dealer today to request the sound deadening headliner be added. He came back and said it was already showing on my build (I did not have it at order time). So maybe they are just adding it to every MIC top no matter the interior.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Possibly a small update here. I ordered a Badlands with MGV seats. Contacted the dealer today to request the sound deadening headliner be added. He came back and said it was already showing on my build (I did not have it at order time). So maybe they are just adding it to every MIC top no matter the interior.
get that extra $5 of commission - well How it was when it wasn’t free anyway
Sponsored