Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I doubt it will be that easy to remove. A little heat will help but I’ve got to imagine they planned on these tops getting warm in places like AZ and made the adhesive correspond. So....... getting it free and then trying to remove it might be a pita. Just speculation on my part.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered a Black Diamond with the intention of adding the hot heads, still not adding the free Ford product.
You may want to be sure there will be a HotHeads product. With Ford adding them free, who's gonna invest money in something you can get free? That's at least for 21. If you don't take it at delivery, they may charge the $495 if you decide you need it later on.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You may want to be sure there will be a HotHeads product. With Ford adding them free, who's gonna invest money in something you can get free? That's at least for 21. If you don't take it at delivery, they may charge the $495 if you decide you need it later on.
Yeah, there may not be. I'm assuming the installation from Ford (or Webasto) will be cleaner than the horrible job we saw pics of a few weeks ago. I mostly want it for temp control and the thin felt I saw glued to the top in those pics wouldn't really cut it. I may have to make it custom, I just don't want to spend time scraping off a sub-par product before I can even begin.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, there may not be. I'm assuming the installation from Ford (or Webasto) will be cleaner than the horrible job we saw pics of a few weeks ago. I mostly want it for temp control and the thin felt I saw glued to the top in those pics wouldn't really cut it. I may have to make it custom, I just don't want to spend time scraping off a sub-par product before I can even begin.
Here's what CoverKing says about what "appears" to be what Ford is using.

• Perfectly Formed to Top Contours
  • Significantly Reduces Interior Temps
  • Improves Acoustics & Reduces Echo for Noticeably better Sound Quality
  • Insulates from Road and Wind Noise
  • Upgrade Your Stock White Fiberglass Interior to Premium Finished Appearance
  • Includes 3M™ Adhesive Pads (Removable)
  • Include weather stripping to finish edges
  • Topliner™ Meets Federal Safety Standards for Flammability (FMVSS302)
  • Installation Tool Kit Included

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since my original build didn't allow for the sound deadening option initially, I had my mind set on purchasing an aftermarket HotHeads kit instead. For one, it seems much more substantial, and the reviews on their Jeep products are glowingly positive. Also, being in Arizona, the thickness of the HotHeads' product will aid in minimizing the transfer of heat from the roof to the cabin of my Bronco.

That said, now that Ford is offering FREE sound deadening on all MIC tops (with the caveat that Black Diamond reservation holders need to contact their dealer and have them add it to their builds free of charge), I'm at a crossroads: Do I just take the free version from Ford and not look back? Or do I stay the course, get my MIC top without the pre-installed thin liner and go with a HotHeads eventually? I imagine installing a HH on top of the Ford deadening is a no-go, as the weight of the HH could potentially begin to pull on the Ford headliner, causing it to sag (especially out here with the AZ heat potentially softening up the adhesive)

Are any other Black Diamond owners have the same trepidations?
(I've attached a pic of Ford's deadener versus a HotHeads Jeep deadener to showcase the differences in quality, fit, and coverage)

HH.jpeg

bronco-sound-deadening-headliner-top7.jpeg
I have a black diamond and think the ford headliner is a joke it looks paper thin and to think they were charging 500 for that I’m not getting it if it’s to noisy I’ll just order from hot head

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm thinking I will leave it out with my fur buddies traveling with me. My jeep is noisy, it won't bother me.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At what point will the rate hard top without the liner delay your build? lol

OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
such is life ..when you have to pay for something .. you complain .. then you get it for FREE and then you decide I rather buy it from someone else and I don't want it for FREE.

Meanwhile, I'm not complaining about paying for something.
And choosing to buy a superior product versus taking a free low quality one is completely reasonable.

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's what CoverKing says about what "appears" to be what Ford is using.

• Perfectly Formed to Top Contours
  • Significantly Reduces Interior Temps
  • Improves Acoustics & Reduces Echo for Noticeably better Sound Quality
  • Insulates from Road and Wind Noise
  • Upgrade Your Stock White Fiberglass Interior to Premium Finished Appearance
  • Includes 3M™ Adhesive Pads (Removable)
  • Include weather stripping to finish edges
  • Topliner™ Meets Federal Safety Standards for Flammability (FMVSS302)
  • Installation Tool Kit Included
That’s cool, you should get it. I’ll be doing my own thing.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s up to you, but I’d put money on the reason being that it’s easier and faster to produce a single spec and opting out would be joining a “special” build list, which may or may not add time to the build...just saying!
Sponsored