First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get the Ford Headliner and if you don't like it get the HotHeads and just cut out the areas where the HH goes, that way you will have the areas of the roof covered with OEM where the HotHeads doesn't cover šŸ˜‰ p.s. I'm sure the glue they use will be a pain to get OEM headliner off šŸ˜’
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since my original build didn't allow for the sound deadening option initially, I had my mind set on purchasing an aftermarket HotHeads kit instead. For one, it seems much more substantial, and the reviews on their Jeep products are glowingly positive. Also, being in Arizona, the thickness of the HotHeads' product will aid in minimizing the transfer of heat from the roof to the cabin of my Bronco.

That said, now that Ford is offering FREE sound deadening on all MIC tops (with the caveat that Black Diamond reservation holders need to contact their dealer and have them add it to their builds free of charge), I'm at a crossroads: Do I just take the free version from Ford and not look back? Or do I stay the course, get my MIC top without the pre-installed thin liner and go with a HotHeads eventually? I imagine installing a HH on top of the Ford deadening is a no-go, as the weight of the HH could potentially begin to pull on the Ford headliner, causing it to sag (especially out here with the AZ heat potentially softening up the adhesive)

Are any other Black Diamond owners have the same trepidations?
(I've attached a pic of Ford's deadener versus a HotHeads Jeep deadener to showcase the differences in quality, fit, and coverage)

HH.jpeg

bronco-sound-deadening-headliner-top7.jpeg
Iā€™m going with HH, partly because Iā€™m having my top redone in white and I want to be able to do the inside portion too. But also I like the heat reflective material and quality of HH. Looks like the Ford version is just a spray glued version of the material they use for the fold down seats.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itā€™s up to you, but Iā€™d put money on the reason being that itā€™s easier and faster to produce a single spec and opting out would be joining a ā€œspecialā€ build list, which may or may not add time to the build...just saying!
my guess is nobody was ordering it (for the price) But to leave something off is not a special building ..it just goes though faster. my guess is the few they did have ordered would have slowed it down.

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was really disappointed when I couldnā€™t get my bronco with the sound deadening topside to the options I selected. Then saw this story and was pleasantly surprised but also saw the end product. So Iā€™m confused about this sound deadening headliner. Based off the pics it appears to be a fancy way of saying fabric/carpet adhered to the same roof system... where as many of the aftermarket solutions actual consist of sound deadening material other than carpet. Very Leary of this... anyone have additional info on this.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered MIC top with sound deadening a few weeks ago. Does that mean dealer will eventually redo my bill of sale with new price ?

Sponsored

MaXberN

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica / Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since my original build didn't allow for the sound deadening option initially, I had my mind set on purchasing an aftermarket HotHeads kit instead. For one, it seems much more substantial, and the reviews on their Jeep products are glowingly positive. Also, being in Arizona, the thickness of the HotHeads' product will aid in minimizing the transfer of heat from the roof to the cabin of my Bronco.

That said, now that Ford is offering FREE sound deadening on all MIC tops (with the caveat that Black Diamond reservation holders need to contact their dealer and have them add it to their builds free of charge), I'm at a crossroads: Do I just take the free version from Ford and not look back? Or do I stay the course, get my MIC top without the pre-installed thin liner and go with a HotHeads eventually? I imagine installing a HH on top of the Ford deadening is a no-go, as the weight of the HH could potentially begin to pull on the Ford headliner, causing it to sag (especially out here with the AZ heat potentially softening up the adhesive)

Are any other Black Diamond owners have the same trepidations?
(I've attached a pic of Ford's deadener versus a HotHeads Jeep deadener to showcase the differences in quality, fit, and coverage)

HH.jpeg

bronco-sound-deadening-headliner-top7.jpeg
I grew up in Phoenix. I donā€™t think there is a headliner made thatā€™s going to make a difference April - September. Iā€™d recommend a good 30 minute remote start AC blast.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was really disappointed when I couldnā€™t get my bronco with the sound deadening topside to the options I selected. Then saw this story and was pleasantly surprised but also saw the end product. So Iā€™m confused about this sound deadening headliner. Based off the pics it appears to be a fancy way of saying fabric/carpet adhered to the same roof system... where as many of the aftermarket solutions actual consist of sound deadening material other than carpet. Very Leary of this... anyone have additional info on this.
Well, what is the HotHead made out of? Isn't it a piece of foil attached to cardboard and a piece of cloth on the visible surface? The panels are thicker, but does cardboard work any better and is it fire rated as the factory material is?
HotHead isn't providing much info about any potential product. He keeps saying, ya we're working on it but that's about all. I would think that as the president of the company, he'd try marketing it a little bit harder.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my guess is nobody was ordering it (for the price) But to leave something off is not a special building ..it just goes though faster. my guess is the few they did have ordered would have slowed it down.
Not if the majority of orders would now be ā€œwithā€ sound deadening, which do you think would be run first/most often, but I could be wrong, itā€™s just my guess!

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ll probably add the Hot Heads over the factory liner. The more sound deadening, the better.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm taking the free headliner, I'll probably get the Hot Heads anyways.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™ll probably add the Hot Heads over the factory liner. The more sound deadening, the better.
Given the looks of the OEM headliner, it may accept the opposite part of the hook and loop fastener, provided what you are using is not too heavy.
I have liked the OEM headliner since day 1 and that is what I am going with.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Of course take the free one. If you donā€™t like it get the other one. If anything you can sell the free one to off set the cost of the hot heads.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the hot heads have a framework that captures the material? It looks like it does to me and if so, wouldnā€™t they design theirs to work in conjunction with the factory one? I havenā€™t bothered looking at the hot heads other than the pics here on the forum, so I have no idea of how they install.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, what is the HotHead made out of? Isn't it a piece of foil attached to cardboard and a piece of cloth on the visible surface? The panels are thicker, but does cardboard work any better and is it fire rated as the factory material is?
HotHead isn't providing much info about any potential product. He keeps saying, ya we're working on it but that's about all. I would think that as the president of the company, he'd try marketing it a little bit harder.
itā€™s not card board -itā€™s panel board - In addition to foam, radiant backer and then colored material.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sound Deadening Dilemma 3AA2A9FB-DEB5-45F0-B4D7-0FAF64F376A2

Sponsored