Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love that build/color as well! The steelies wouldn't have been my first choice, but I don't know that I like the alloys $1000 better.
I just priced a set of steel “soft 8’s”, $500 for 5, doesn’t include tpms, shipping, mounting or balancing. That’s another $200 there. For the extra $300 I’ll just get these lol
Ford Bronco Black diamond steel or alloy wheels? D04B94C8-B9FD-4432-A7AA-D3711A356C4A
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bimmerxi

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was all about the steelies until I figured out my build. Only reason I’m switching is because I like the look of the alloys on A51. If I decided to switch once I got the steelies I’d probably get black wagon wheels anyway, so for the couple buck extra I’d save by the time I bought and mounted and installed tpms sensors, it’s worth saving the time and hassle.

added pic simply because I can’t love this setup enough lol
Ford Bronco Black diamond steel or alloy wheels? D04B94C8-B9FD-4432-A7AA-D3711A356C4A
I I agree with you the black diamond alloys look pretty nice better than most of the other alloy wheel options on the other builds in my opinion just wasn’t sure if they were worth $1000 when there are a lot of other wheel options available for around that same price in the aftermarket. And if I ever decided to go with a 33 might need a different offset

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Personally, I think the BD alloys look cheaper than the steelies.

I don't think the alloys are worth the extra $1000. For not much more you can choose aftermarket alloys that look way better.

I'll have two sets. Winter tires on the stock steelies and summer tires (probably 33s) on something aftermarket.

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am going alloy. I am not a fan of steelies... I just can't get onboard with those.... lookin' like painted spare tires :censored:
It definitely gives them a simpler, almost “utilitarian” look, which I love, and if I was going any other color I’d probably get them. I just love the way it works with A51 and my build.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m ordering a black diamond but keep debating on whether to go with steel or alloy. What are you guys doing and why? I think I like the looks of the alloy wheel better and they will be lighter but the steel wheel will be stronger. Like most I’ll be spending more time on the road than off but I do wheel from time to time
@Bimmerxi I'm going Squatch so I don't have a choice. HOWEVER, the other week I put the snow tires on the Crown Vic (16" steelies) and ho-lee-crap were they heavy but figured no big deal, just glad I don't do it often. The next week I did the front brakes on my wife's Equinox, 17" rims, and they were feather light! My suggestion would be go with the aluminum wheels if you ever think you will need to change a tire or do brakes etc. *Not to mention the weight savings which should increase performance (accelerating, turning, braking, mpg).

enro

Black Diamond
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It definitely gives them a simpler, almost “utilitarian” look, which I love, and if I was going any other color I’d probably get them. I just love the way it works with A51 and my build.
I like the alloys. I had almost identical ones on my Willy's and they looked great. They will look good with A51. I plan on getting them too.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@Bimmerxi I'm going Squatch so I don't have a choice. HOWEVER, the other week I put the snow tires on the Crown Vic (16" steelies) and ho-lee-crap were they heavy but figured no big deal, just glad I don't do it often. The next week I did the front brakes on my wife's Equinox, 17" rims, and they were feather light! My suggestion would be go with the aluminum wheels if you ever think you will need to change a tire or do brakes etc. *Not to mention the weight savings which should increase performance (accelerating, turning, braking, mpg).
The squatch wheel/tire will be close to if not over 100lb....

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally, I think the BD alloys look cheaper than the steelies.

I don't think the alloys are worth the extra $1000. For not much more you can choose aftermarket alloys that look way better.

I'll have two sets. Winter tires on the stock steelies and summer tires (probably 33s) on something aftermarket.
This is my thoughts

I think the alloys look cheap and worn..

To me as far as aeverything go anywhere vehicle the steelies give it that military or ulitarian vibe I’m going for

But this is so much of a personal choice
Do what sets your hair in fire

Sponsored

TheRealJyushi

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigvalleyford.biz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me, it’s 100% the steel wheels. Personally think the optional BD Wheels are one of the worst looking wheel options at launch.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That wasn't the point of my reply. The point of the reply was that if someone was choosing between steel and alloy then the alloy, given similar tire size, is far lighter.

OP
OP
Bimmerxi

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is the next debate, I read a different post someone saying the stock BD general grabber LT‘s are very heavy tires, but I am betting those Sasquatch tires will be way heavier

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not in love with Ford's alloy option so I would rather spend $1000 later on something I really like.
Sponsored