First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Base
For all the model experts, I just built a Black Diamond and Badlands with the same equipment to include the Sasquatch package with a difference in price of about $3100. Looking at the differences of the the two models, the only thing I can find is the signature light package ($795) and the sway bar disconnect. Am I missing something or is the sway bar disconnect $2300? Thanks!
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can’t get high or lux package on the Black Diamond like you can on the Badlands. You gotta pay to play. You can’t get a manual mid-package on the Black Diamond either like you can on the Badlands. There’s also word going around that the Badlands might have a higher end dash, instrument panel or both. You can read more about it here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/black-diamond-50-220-badlands-53-470.9996/page-7#post-362784

If you’re planning to get automatic and mid-package, I would definitely go with the Black Diamond over the Badlands though. The other stuff that you mentioned like signature lighting isn’t worth the extra cost in my opinion.

Last edited:

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m pretty sure (with a little googling) that electronic sway bar disconnect is not cheap. Plus install costs.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And front lockers. Those are the differences....and they're worth right near the $3k diff IF you want them. I don't. So to pay that for the right to get other stuff....uh, no. That's like the stupid 'personal seat licenses' which give you the right to buy actual seat tix.

Sponsored

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And front lockers. Those are the differences....and they're worth right near the $3k diff IF you want them. I don't. So to pay that for the right to get other stuff....uh, no. That's like the stupid 'personal seat licenses' which give you the right to buy actual seat tix.
He's opting for the Sas package on both.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are a couple of other discussions that might help:
I ran the same equation, and decided on Badlands (possibly non-Sasquatch to close the gap further). Nothing wrong with the BD, but I suspect that a less-optioned higher model will hold more value in the long run than a highly-optioned lesser model. But who knows! Get what makes you happy.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don’t require either the high package (I do) or the sway bar with front locker (I don’t) then it comes down to this:

Badlands without SAS versus Black Diamond with SAS.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For all the model experts, I just built a Black Diamond and Badlands with the same equipment to include the Sasquatch package with a difference in price of about $3100. Looking at the differences of the the two models, the only thing I can find is the signature light package ($795) and the sway bar disconnect. Am I missing something or is the sway bar disconnect $2300? Thanks!
Yeah, if you just want mid-package, then Black Diamond/Sasquatch is a no brainer. It has a better looking grill anyway. I am going Badlands/Sas and either High or Lux because I want the camera. Auto disconnect is nice to have.

The price difference on the two if both have Sas/High or Lux comes from the Signature headlights/tailights; Swaybar disconnect, a few little supposed interior changes, and the "High end instrument panel"; which no one knows what that means. You also get shafted on badlands with no Sport mode.

Sponsored

thecaptain

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going back and forth between a BD and a Badlands no Squatch. The way I've got them built, it's a little over a $5K difference. This will be my daily driver, and I don't really plan on doing heavy rock crawling or other hardcore offroading. My offroading will primarily consist of moderate stuff, Forest Service roads, getting to campsites, etc. So the left brain part of me says to buy the BD and use the extra $5K for aftermarket stuff that I might want later, trips, etc. Left brain tells me that the BD with its rear locker, bash plates, and GOAT modes will be more than enough for what I will likely want to do offroad, and it'll be better on-road than the BL. But the right-brain part of me wants the bigger (and better) tires, better suspension, front locker, better front axle, and disconnecting sway bar just to have the capability and in case I ever want to step up to more hardcare wheeling. It also just looks a little better to me than the BD. Very conflicted right now.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Going back and forth between a BD and a Badlands no Squatch. The way I've got them built, it's a little over a $5K difference. This will be my daily driver, and I don't really plan on doing heavy rock crawling or other hardcore offroading. My offroading will primarily consist of moderate stuff, Forest Service roads, getting to campsites, etc. So the left brain part of me says to buy the BD and use the extra $5K for aftermarket stuff that I might want later, trips, etc. Left brain tells me that the BD with its rear locker, bash plates, and GOAT modes will be more than enough for what I will likely want to do offroad, and it'll be better on-road than the BL. But the right-brain part of me wants the bigger (and better) tires, better suspension, front locker, better front axle, and disconnecting sway bar just to have the capability and in case I ever want to step up to more hardcare wheeling. It also just looks a little better to me than the BD. Very conflicted right now.
KOH did this to all of us. LOL

Like was mentioned in other threads. Was there a reason Ford didn't have Black Diamonds there on video? Were they pushing the Badlands (who can fault them for that?) or were they not wanting people to realize the capability of the Black Diamond?

Probably a little bit of both. Badlands is definitely the better option for anything/everything you might encounter, but the question I ask myself is... Will I encounter or want to do any of that? My answer is no right now. So it makes my decision easier. BaseSas is on the table for me as well.

Good luck.

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
KOH did this to all of us. LOL

Like was mentioned in other threads. Was there a reason Ford didn't have Black Diamonds there on video? Were they pushing the Badlands (who can fault them for that?) or were they not wanting people to realize the capability of the Black Diamond?

Probably a little bit of both. Badlands is definitely the better option for anything/everything you might encounter, but the question I ask myself is... Will I encounter or want to do any of that? My answer is no right now. So it makes my decision easier. BaseSas is on the table for me as well.

Good luck.
I think they wanted to show off the Sway Bar Disconnect. All the videos I saw were either a Badlands or a FE. All the drivers drove basically the same route all day. I'm also on the fence between a BL mid no sasquatch and a BD mid w/ sasquatch. The sway bar will be more useful than people realize when off road, especially with IFS. The decision will be easier once we know specifically what Sasquatch actually adds to the standard BL suspension.

Maineah

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ended up going with a BD purely for budget and admitting I'm an off-road noob. Has the MGV, mid-package and plenty of performance for just starting out.

One question I have is thinking back on all performance videos, I can't recall a single one with a non-SAS model. Obviously Ford wants to promote the upgrades but does anyone know of any non-SAS off-road videos out there?

AndyFoMoCo

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In reading the order guide, it looks like the BL adds LED tail lamps, LED "Signature" headlights, special BL suspension with front stabilizer disconnect. BL shows standard 10 speed with 2.7 which you can get on BD and it looks like trans on BL has trail control, trail turn assist, and one-pedal driving.
Sponsored