Sponsored

Black Diamond vs Badlands - Clearance and Suspension - Differences?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
Besides 33" tires on Badlands and 32" on Black Diamond, is there any difference in suspension height, ground clearance between these models?? Please help!

I am wondering if I put Badlands wheels and 33" tires on the Black Diamond, will they fit exactly the same and have the same ground clearance? It seems to me the BD with the BL tires would be 1/2 inch higher and equal to the Badlands. I can't find any information to the contrary.

If they are the same, I can't imaging why Ford wouldn't give the option for the bigger tires on the Black Diamond.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Different suspension. Different gears for MT. As far as fit, we don't know.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Badlands - Clearance and Suspension - Differences? 1598091156862

Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Badlands - Clearance and Suspension - Differences? 1598091265301

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
Different suspension. Different gears for MT. As far as fit, we don't know.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Badlands - Clearance and Suspension - Differences? 1598091265301

I've been up and down those documents. They do not answer my question.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's another one if you do the math.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Badlands - Clearance and Suspension - Differences? 1598091962559

Maybe read through some of the Black Diamond vs Badland threads if that doesn't answer your questions.

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
Here's another one if you do the math.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Badlands - Clearance and Suspension - Differences? 1598091962559

Maybe read through some of the Black Diamond vs Badland threads if that doesn't answer your questions.
I have read all the threads and can't find the answer. That's why I'm asking! Maybe someone with knowledge can post a reply that's helpful.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, I don't know what to tell you. It clearly says it's a different suspension, isn't that what you asked? If you look at the dimensions, the Badlands has a taller suspension factoring the difference in tires. No one knows yet how big a tire will fit on the base suspension. Lots of threads on that as well. Ford is not going to put 33s on the BD, but you certainly can as many of us will.

If you’re asking if you can buy Badlands wheels to put on the BD, assuming the two suspensions have the same backspace requirements, then yes you should.

If you're asking if a 33 inch tire has the same ground clearance regardless of trim level, yes, it should, unless the different suspension also has a higher clearance where it is attached to the rear axle.

As you can see from this picture, the lowest point appears to be the rear shock mounts. If the high lift suspension also has more clearance on these mounts, then ground clearance may be different.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Badlands - Clearance and Suspension - Differences? 1598093461280

Do the math on these ground clearances and see what you think. Where does the 3.2 inch difference come from?

Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Badlands - Clearance and Suspension - Differences? 1598093408575
Sponsored

Last edited: