Sponsored

Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences!

• Thread starter Deleted member 15397
  • Start date
  • Watchers 15

Deleted member 15397

It appears the high level I/P is the "dashboard" it is soft touch and colored in dark cactus. The badlands also gets mgv on door panels, and center console armrest, as well as colored bungee storage pockets, and an additional line of color stitching in the seats. Black diamond gets dark space grey hard plastic I/P as well as dark space grey base vinyl on door panels and center console armrest.
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you have to go with the high level i/p to get soft touch, that's crazy. This day in age, you get soft touch dashboards on cars less than half this price. I'm not putting it past them though, so thanks for the information.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably because the black diamond falls into most people's budget like myself, I'll buy a manual badlands if that's the case. I would like some semi- premium materials for +40k
Yep, i now have to move BL back on the radar if this is true. Just when i had been set on BD.

@LEGEND Is this anything you would be able to confirm or deny with information you have? That all trims below OBX have a hard plastic dashboard, while the others have a soft touch dashboard?

Last edited:

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty certain of it, I forgot who it was but they said the 2 BD they were in were hard plastic. I have a 2020 41k wrangler with hard plastic dash you have to get their leather to get soft touch. I just want to be informed and know what the hell I am getting before I order it this time.
Not saying this of you as it sounds like you are relying on someone else's comments....but this may not be reliable information at all. Many if not all these Broncos out at events are not necessarily production vehicles and the interiors and dashes may not be production materials either. Can anyone confirm this information?

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not saying this of you as it sounds like you are relying on someone else's comments....but this may not be reliable information at all. Many if not all these Broncos out at events are not necessarily production vehicles and the interiors and dashes may not be production materials either. Can anyone confirm this information?
The Black Diamond dash in this video looks like a similar plastic my F150 has.
(29) 2021 Ford Bronco Colors & Materials Walkthrough | Bronco Nation - YouTube

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think OP is correct. When you zoom in on the dashboard on the BL (image below with orange stripe), there is a crosshatch pattern you can easily see. When you zoom in on the BD (image below with blue stripe), it appears to be just smooth plastic. Probably not enough to get me to move away from BD, but definitely unfortunate news.

BD7D8B83-0EFF-4230-A5C6-D2A3F6835303.jpeg

67C73DC9-4513-40BE-9724-C692963E8B26.jpeg

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think OP is correct. When you zoom in on the dashboard on the BL (image below with orange stripe), there is a crosshatch pattern you can easily see. When you zoom in on the BD (image below with blue stripe), it appears to be just smooth plastic. Probably not enough to get me to move away from BD, but definitely unfortunate news.

Ford Bronco Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences! 67C73DC9-4513-40BE-9724-C692963E8B26

Ford Bronco Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences! 67C73DC9-4513-40BE-9724-C692963E8B26
Is this production or a mule? Many test vehicles come with smooth texture free interior.

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this production or a mule? Many test vehicles come with smooth texture free interior.
The BD Image is from the Bronco Nation materials reveal video, so not production but I would have thought that the materials would have been right on the one they chose for the video. Maybe not and I hope this is just a mule as you say.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences! 2BECB0F8-F283-4C85-9ADA-5EC7CA421126

Ford Bronco Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences! 2BECB0F8-F283-4C85-9ADA-5EC7CA421126
Not sure if I'm keen on that cross-hatch pattern. Dirt and grime imbedded in there's gonna be hard to keep clean.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My $25k Fusion has soft touch and my almost $47k Bronco will not...lol jfc. The interior design is a complete shit show.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It appears the high level I/P is the "dashboard" it is soft touch and colored in dark cactus. The badlands also gets mgv on door panels, and center console armrest, as well as colored bungee storage pockets, and an additional line of color stitching in the seats. Black diamond gets dark space grey hard plastic I/P as well as dark space grey base vinyl on door panels and center console armrest.
That makes sense...yo may have solved one of the biggest remaining unknowns. I do remember in the materials video, that the woman mentioned that "Badlands also has MGV on the door"...I assumed she didn't mean just Badlands, but was talking about the MGV interior in general. It is crazy that they cheaped out on not just the instrument panel, but the little bit of MGV that would be needed for the armrest and door panels. What did they save per vehicle there...$10?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a second thought, this doesn't make me happy, but I'm hoping if it's going to be straight plastic, it better be dulled or have a slight texture. Even my 18 year old mustang is at least slightly textured, plus it helps cut down on glare.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While we are on this topic.....is the vertical panel with Bronco lettering anodized? On the badlands? On all models?
Sponsored