Sponsored

Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences!

• Thread starter Deleted member 15397
  • Start date
  • Watchers 15

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here is infotainment info
The infotainment system is the center stack. That is different than the instrument panel that sits behind the steering wheel.
Ford Bronco Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences! A3CA1FC9-0A82-469E-BB68-07FD70ED83C8

I’m not trying to call you out or anything, but you’re saying a whole lot of things that don’t have substantiated proof. In turn that’s getting a lot of people worked up over things that we don’t know for certain, just conjecture.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought that was an instrument cluster, that sat in your instrument panel? But hey, times are a changin!

No - the cluster is the interior color choices by the rock stars

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This sucks balls I’m getting black diamond .hard plastic not bad but you best take care of it with armour all cause if not taken care of the plastic will crack . Soft touch has its own issues too both need to be conditioned so it doesn’t crack. Plastic seems to rattle sometimes too hopefully it will be fine.
I've used Armourall in the past and was less than impressed, it is a sticky dust magnet.

My pickup is 15 years old with a hard plastic dash. The only thing I ever put on the dash was a Dashmat about a week after I bought it. Both the dash and the mat still look new. It is garaged at night but sits in the blazing sun during the day. The parking lot where I work is a football field sized patch of asphalt with no shade.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/dash-covers

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think OP is correct. When you zoom in on the dashboard on the BL (image below with orange stripe), there is a crosshatch pattern you can easily see. When you zoom in on the BD (image below with blue stripe), it appears to be just smooth plastic. Probably not enough to get me to move away from BD, but definitely unfortunate news.

Ford Bronco Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences! A3CA1FC9-0A82-469E-BB68-07FD70ED83C8

Same video, as the camera pans down to the lower section at the base of the grab handle, you will see texture in the plastic very similar to your top photo...it may be lighting that you can't see it on the top part....I screen shot it, not sure how well it will turn out here:
Ford Bronco Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences! 1606863188226

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same video, as the camera pans down to the lower section at the base of the grab handle, you will see texture in the plastic very similar to your top photo...it may be lighting that you can't see it on the top part....I screen shot it, not sure how well it will turn out here:
Ford Bronco Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences! 1606863188226
The texture won't show here....it shows up on the video however. It does NOT appear to be a smooth hard plastic.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This definitely needs some more investigation. I can see the difference in the texture on the dash between the BD and the BL in the pics above. That makes me wonder if the difference is between the trims or the interior package options (mid vs high for example). So in wondering I take a look at the OBX interior in the materials walkthrough video and and I see a smooth dash surface

Cross reference that with another image I captured of the OBX interior and I see that interior (same trim) has a textured dash surface

So this makes me wonder is the difference in the interior materials choices? trim? or package? the Package in the materials video pick for the OBX has to be high or lux because of the 12" screen, same in the pic I had on file. Is the difference between cloth and leather option? MGV and leather option? The only line I can draw currently tells me that it depends on leather option to get textured dash (and seemingly upgraded interior materials choice). Could be wrong though.
Or maybe it is a lighting issue, lens issue with the camera. I looked at the video where he screen grabbed the photo of the BD dash, where it appears smooth. In the video, as the camera pans up from the floor to the base of the grab handle...you can see texture in the plastic.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That makes sense...yo may have solved one of the biggest remaining unknowns. I do remember in the materials video, that the woman mentioned that "Badlands also has MGV on the door"...I assumed she didn't mean just Badlands, but was talking about the MGV interior in general. It is crazy that they cheaped out on not just the instrument panel, but the little bit of MGV that would be needed for the armrest and door panels. What did they save per vehicle there...$10?
Maybe. But $10X50K black diamonds is $500,000 so not as insignificant as it seems. All car companies do this and the pennies add up fast.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Legend would be the best bet to verify what's what, since ford isn't. He mentioned they start building again on the 7th. This is what I know to be true now. There are differences. Its a base interior with mgv seats and washout floors, base door panels, base I/P. Just wanted to help clarify before orders go in. After you take delivery of your bd, me as well, and find out the few things that are different. Whether or not they matter to you is for you to decide. Trying to save some people from buyers remorse. I will do my best to find the most accurate info I can, and post updates if things change. I feel the b+p misrepresented the bd interior, it showed the same stiching on bolsters and perimeter as bl, not true, showed blue door pocket bungee material, not true, the dash was always a confusing issue, high level=not plastic. and im starting to wonder about the light grey "mgv" as well im guessing the only mgv we are getting is on our backsides. The grey is awfully shinny does not look like the almost mesh like appearance of the black mgv. Everyone is familiar with the fact that leather seats are mostly vinyl except for actual seating and back surfaces, sometimes the whole face of seat is. Excluding high end luxury vehicles. Go take another look at bd mgv, it has that covered to call it mgv. Clever marketing we are paying alot for a base model w/ carpet delete, and where you see black, mgv under our butt's and shoulders. Can't confirm this last part. Im starting to feel slighted by the b+p.
So are you going off images on B&P in comparison to pics of Broncos in the wild? Have you seen the current interiors in person? Do you know for sure that what you’ve seen in person is the same as what’s going to be delivered to the retail customer?

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m pretty sure it does mean that

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread is turning out to be most unhelpful.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The texture won't show here....it shows up on the video however. It does NOT appear to be a smooth hard plastic.
Regardless, that picture is irrelevant. Who knows when that Bronco was built and if it’s representative of the final product

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This sucks balls I’m getting black diamond .hard plastic not bad but you best take care of it with armour all cause if not taken care of the plastic will crack . Soft touch has its own issues too both need to be conditioned so it doesn’t crack. Plastic seems to rattle sometimes too hopefully it will be fine.
That only happens on Dodge and Chevy dashes. Ford has never really had a problem.
Sponsored