Sponsored

Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences!

• Thread starter Deleted member 15397
  • Start date
  • Watchers 15

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are people really shocked that the base models aren't going to be as nice as the higher end ones?

Sure, that BaseSquatch or BlackSquatch looks like value on paper, but you have to order it before you see it in person.

These little trim differences with plastic vs. MGV make a huge difference in how cheap a vehicle feels.
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are people really shocked that the base models aren't going to be as nice as the higher end ones?

Sure, that BaseSquatch or BlackSquatch looks like value on paper, but you have to order it before you see it in person.

These little trim differences with plastic vs. MGV make a huge difference in how cheap a vehicle feels.
People are t shocked what they are shocked about is at 42 to 43 thousand there’s nothing base about a black diamond and at that price point there should be better materials being used

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Legit question: why do we care if it’s soft-touch or hard? Is it just an aesthetics “I feel more luxurious in my adventure vehicle” kind of thing?

Witout

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gmc Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they could have done a better job of separating BB, BD, BL. Content on BD should be a BL minus say sway bar disconnect and lux package yet still offer some more "toys" then BB. For that reason I'm stuck going high road on BL ?‍♂

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People are t shocked what they are shocked about is at 42 to 43 thousand there’s nothing base about a black diamond and at that price point there should be better materials being used
I agree
I don’t get why people are saying lower trim for BD, there are only two trim levels higher than the BD, excluding the FE which most likely is a one year run.. it’s squarely in the middle of the bronco trims...

Sponsored

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think OP is correct. When you zoom in on the dashboard on the BL (image below with orange stripe), there is a crosshatch pattern you can easily see. When you zoom in on the BD (image below with blue stripe), it appears to be just smooth plastic. Probably not enough to get me to move away from BD, but definitely unfortunate news.
Wait one minute. There appears to be some photo funny business going on here. You can clearly see the letter B in Bronco on the BL, looks like Thai on the BD. Not trusting the comparison of these images. Can we please get real proof before we all jump off the BD cliff.

A939EEC8-DB51-4AFA-B15E-ED07783838D4.gif

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From day 1 I have been steady on BD. This changed my mind and after spit balling a few ideas on interior trim I am jumping to BL. Needed to fit it in a reasonable price range so I am forgoing the SAS and getting the High pack instead. Only +1500 on price. Thanks for pointing out this subtle difference but the dash and the light gray mgv seats in the BD broke it for me.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But 42 to 43k isn't much today for a new car. At that price, you're getting off road capability but base materials. Unfortunately, that makes sense based on the new car market.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Regardless, that picture is irrelevant. Who knows when that Bronco was built and if it’s representative of the final product
Agree completely. I was thinking on this some more. Of all the vehicles I have ever purchased, even off the lot, I never looked that close at a dash or it's texture or product.....it was irrelevant.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

She says the difference between the BL and the BD interior is the difference between available equipment options. What does she mean?
She is talking about suspension issues....not interior issues. Other than some differences in off-road capability, they are very similar vehicles. She is not speaking of interior materials....she goes into specifics on those.

Sponsored

Erasmus

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
She is talking about suspension issues....not interior issues. Other than some differences in off-road capability, they are very similar vehicles. She is not speaking of interior materials....she goes into specifics on those.
I think she meant you can get above mid package on the BL

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This one
I honestly couldn't tell you if any of my vehicles, including my current ones, have had hard or soft dashboards. I guess I just don't care?
Yeah, that's probably the case. Some people care and some don't even notice.

jamira79

Black Diamond
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT, 18 Mercedes GLC, 14 Toyota Scion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This definitely needs some more investigation. I can see the difference in the texture on the dash between the BD and the BL in the pics above. That makes me wonder if the difference is between the trims or the interior package options (mid vs high for example). So in wondering I take a look at the OBX interior in the materials walkthrough video and and I see a smooth dash surface
Ford Bronco Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences! A939EEC8-DB51-4AFA-B15E-ED07783838D4

Cross reference that with another image I captured of the OBX interior and I see that interior (same trim) has a textured dash surface

Ford Bronco Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences! A939EEC8-DB51-4AFA-B15E-ED07783838D4

So this makes me wonder is the difference in the interior materials choices? trim? or package? the Package in the materials video pick for the OBX has to be high or lux because of the 12" screen, same in the pic I had on file. Is the difference between cloth and leather option? MGV and leather option? The only line I can draw currently tells me that it depends on leather option to get textured dash (and seemingly upgraded interior materials choice). Could be wrong though.
Topic aside this pic just sealed the deal for me. 12" screen it is that is sharp!!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly couldn't tell you if any of my vehicles, including my current ones, have had hard or soft dashboards. I guess I just don't care?
That's the way my wife is, she didn't even know there was a difference in dash materials between vehicles and/or trims.

Me on the other hand... I can not stand an interior with hard plastics. I notice it the *second* I sit in one and it bothers me the entire time.... like. Deep in my soul. It's weird. I can't explain it.

I'd like to say that there is a difference in how echo-y / tinny the interior sounds when the dash is hard plastic vs soft, but it could very well be all in my head.

All I know is that it matters to me, and I'm willing to spend more money to get soft materials on my dash.

*shrug*
Sponsored