Sponsored

Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences!

• Thread starter Deleted member 15397
  • Start date
  • Watchers 15

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Topic aside this pic just sealed the deal for me. 12" screen it is that is sharp!!
Here is the full image, I copped it for the purpose of my post. It is a good looking interior, though I won't be doing OBX trim to get it.

OBXinterior.JPG
Sponsored

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
not to be too persnickety, but I wonder why the bottom edge of the dash looks wavy?
Ford Bronco Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences! 1606937569319

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So what color interior is that? I presume it is the OBX Roast leather package. However, the seat middles seem to be Navy Pier and not black? The B&P states Roast goes with Black Onyx...

Here is the full image, I copped it for the purpose of my post. It is a good looking interior, though I won't be doing OBX trim to get it.

Ford Bronco Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences! 1606937569319

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what color interior is that? I presume it is the OBX Roast leather package. However, the seat middles seem to be Navy Pier and not black? The B&P states Roast goes with Black Onyx...
to my knowledge that is the roast leather int option on the OBX. I looked at this pic again and I think that the seats are black they just look kind of navy in this photo because of the lighting and the blue stitching.

jamira79

Black Diamond
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT, 18 Mercedes GLC, 14 Toyota Scion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Yeah that interior is absolutely awful! I would rather go Badlands and have my wrap guy change out the orange trim pieces on Badlands.

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think OP is correct. When you zoom in on the dashboard on the BL (image below with orange stripe), there is a crosshatch pattern you can easily see. When you zoom in on the BD (image below with blue stripe), it appears to be just smooth plastic. Probably not enough to get me to move away from BD, but definitely unfortunate news.

Late to the game here on this topic but I always assumed this was the case. This would follow suit with every other Ford across the line from. From F-150 XL to Limited, Mustang base to GT500, Explorer XL to ST, etc. Base line and lower level trims have many harder touch point in multiple places. Dash pads, arm rests, center console covers, leather wrapped or not wheels and such. Middle point on all lines is where that stuff begins to change. It could be at BB, or BD. But I suspect it is at OBX. Meaning OBX is where the vehicle will pick up the soft touch points and material change. I could be completely wrong, but to me that would be silly to think Ford would do something completely different on the Bronco line than across the other Ford fleet.
I've owned 15+ fords and multiple of the same with different trims. This absolutely is how it is across the other lines.

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, after observing the interior shots on the BnP between the BD and BL, I noticed a little button on the heater control panel pops up on the BD and doesn't appear on the BL. What is this button?

Ford Bronco Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences! 1607023585620

Ford Bronco Black diamond vs badlands mgv !There are some differences! 1607023603066

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Heated wheel, so it's probably a mistake in the pictures.