Sponsored

Black Diamond Vs. Badlands - What are the main differences?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, you don't get the Bilstein shocks. You get a regular duty suspension on the BD. The wheels are also different, steel wheels on the BD. BL has Aluminum.
You say "regular duty" suspension. Someone else used the term "heavy duty" suspension.

What is the difference between "regular" and "heavy" duty? I understand there are different shock absorber parts (Bilstein postion-sensisitive) and height differences. But the use of the two words in contrast implies the "heavy duty" suspension is comprised of stronger parts. Is there a difference in the strength of the components?
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But someone said CONFIRMED! :)
Exactly. Can't believe how many people on a vehicle forum don't know the difference between an instrument panel and a dashboard.

Neo777

Black Diamond
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You say "regular duty" suspension. Someone else used the term "heavy duty" suspension.

What is the difference between "regular" and "heavy" duty? I understand there are different shock absorber parts (Bilstein postion-sensisitive) and height differences. But the use of the two words in contrast implies the "heavy duty" suspension is comprised of stronger parts. Is there a difference in the strength of the components?
Well, I think you can carry more with a Heavy Duty suspension. I think it might drive firmer? Not sure about that one...

Blue Bronco

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boots
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Last vehicle I had like this was a Jeep Wrangler YJ that had manual roll-up windows and no AC! I'll be perfectly content with the Black Diamond and standard package.

Don't plan on doing much hardcore off-roading, so I don't need or even really want the Badlands suspension, gearing, front locker, etc.

I would like the Badlands stock wheels though, but I could always buy those or something similar later.

Or, I may just live with the steelies. I think steelies are kind of cool and they may reduce the chances of being replaced by bricks if I park in a sketchy area.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The differences between a BD-Squatch and a BL-Squatch are fewer....and the price difference is smaller...

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just did a thread on Sas to Sas identically equipped I found BD SAVES YOU $3000 over BL. What you loose is sway bay disconnect and led lighting.
I think you loose more than that. Take a look at Fords Online Compare and you'll see other subtle differences as well.

Is 3k worth not getting what many consider the top and most capable trim, for one of the lower trims ( <obx)

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee trail hawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are the differences between the bd and BL interior with both being ordered with the mid package besides the blue or orange piping?
what is the high level insturm panel?
Sponsored