Sponsored

Black Diamond Vs. Badlands - What are the main differences?

aaronkwaters

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been planning to order a Badlands 4-door with the Sasquatch package, but spent some time playing with the build and price tool and am wondering if the Black Diamond is a better fit. The key differences that I noticed were that you can't get the 'High' package (so the 12" display isn't available) and you can't get the disconnecting sway bar. It also looks like you trade out the Baja GOAT mode for the Sport mode. Are those the only differences between the two? When you price it out, there are a few thousand dollars difference and I feel like I'm missing something. I live in the east, so rock crawling and desert running aren't my thing. I appreciate any input you all have. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Neo777

Black Diamond
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, you don't get the Bilstein shocks. You get a regular duty suspension on the BD. The wheels are also different, steel wheels on the BD. BL has Aluminum.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Badlands has the heavy duty suspension which is similar to the Sasquatch. BD doesn't.

Badlands has front locker. BD Doesn't.

Badlands opens up higher level trim packages. BD Doesn't.

Badlands has the higher level instrument panel. BD doesn't.

Badlands has fancy headlights, BD has standard.

I think there are some differences on interior materials, though I am unaware of exactly what they are.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can get a mid-package AND Manual with Badlands, plus having the fancy headlights doesn't hurt either

Sponsored

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Badlands has the heavy duty suspension which is similar to the Sasquatch. BD doesn't.

Badlands has front locker. BD Doesn't.

Badlands opens up higher level trim packages. BD Doesn't.

Badlands has the higher level instrument panel. BD doesn't.

Badlands has fancy headlights, BD has standard.

I think there are some differences on interior materials, though I am unaware of exactly what they are.
Interior trim/piping color on BD is blue vs orange on BL

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Since it looks like you're asking about a Badlands SASQUATCH vs a Black Diamond SASQUATCH, I can help out here. Look like those above weren't considering that.

So your suspension, wheels, lift, lockers are identical. Here are the true differences:

Lights, front and rear. The upgraded signature lights aren't available on the BD. Tail lights are different as well.

Swaybar disconnect not available on BD.

GOAT modes are different. Some see it as an advantage for the BD because Sport is more useful on pavement than Baja.

Packages. BD stops at Mid.

High level instrument panel. Sort of undefined what this is, but likely means plastic vs soft touch on the dashboard.

Grill. They're different. Badlands is a little more premium. BD a little more classic.

Seat stitch and interior accent color. Blue vs Orange.

And lastly, manual availability. If you want the mid package and manual, you have to get the Badlands.

OP
OP
aaronkwaters

aaronkwaters

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since it looks like you're asking about a Badlands SASQUATCH vs a Black Diamond SASQUATCH, I can help out here. Look like those above weren't considering that.

So your suspension, wheels, lift, lockers are identical. Here are the true differences:

Lights, front and rear. The upgraded signature lights aren't available on the BD. Tail lights are different as well.

GOAT modes are different. Some see it as an advantage for the BD because Sport is more useful on pavement than Baja.

High level instrument panel. Sort of undefined what this is, but likely means plastic vs soft touch on the dashboard.

Grill. They're different. Badlands is a little more premium. BD a little more classic.

And lastly, manual availability. If you want the mid package and manual, you have to get the Badlands.
I appreciate the details. This is very helpful. I felt that a lot of the technical specs are comparable when you add theSasquatch.

I appreciate the detail. Sasquatch to Sasquatch, I just didn't see any differences in the offroad performance items other than the swaybar disconnect. My opinion is all the Bronco trims looks great, so hard to go wrong with any of them.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m pretty sure that my wife’s creature comfort preferences for the interior will move us from BD to BL. Her wish for nice interior, bigger screen, noise reduction, etc. gets me my front locker and disco bar. Throw in the heated steering wheel for these northern natives and I’m a lock on Badlands. :)

kidding aside, I think BD is all the capability I’ll ever need. The bigger and locking front axle and disco bar are bonuses for me.

and we will not be Squatch because of road noise and just don’t intend to do that crazy rock crawling, not ever. This will be an overlanding and road trip machine. I want to drive to the Arctic circle and forest roads to the tip of Labrador Add deserts of the US southwest. Unless I seek it out, I don’t *have* to damage the fenders on boulders.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did anyone mention the upgraded side mirrors with the puddle lights that aren't on the BD?

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did anyone mention the upgraded side mirrors with the puddle lights that aren't on the BD?
The side mirror lights are included with the high and lux packages. Not specifically tied to Badlands.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is funny how much this has spread around the forum.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs