Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the hidden winch, you don’t cut the frame. You cut off a thin piece that the factory uses to hold the frame during production. It’s pretty easy, looks great, doesn’t obstruct the camera, and doesn’t stick out far from the bumper increasing the likelihood of a front fender bender.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Homebrew_One

Homebrew_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ford F250 | 2004 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With the hidden winch, you don’t cut the frame. You cut off a thin piece that the factory uses to hold the frame during production. It’s pretty easy, looks great, doesn’t obstruct the camera, and doesn’t stick out far from the bumper increasing the likelihood of a front fender bender.
Thanks for the heads up. It had looked like what what I had seen and read that you where cutting off a small section of frame area to gain access. Looks like I might need to take another look at that route. I do think that it help provide a cleaner look over all.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the heads up. It had looked like what what I had seen and read that you where cutting off a small section of frame area to gain access. Looks like I might need to take another look at that route. I do think that it help provide a cleaner look over all.
It definitely is a hand on process but is definitely NOT a structural piece is is removed. There are several YouTube videos that show a few techniques to cut or grind it off. I used a sawzall and dremel

OP
OP
Homebrew_One

Homebrew_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It definitely is a hand on process but is definitely NOT a structural piece is is removed. There are several YouTube videos that show a few techniques to cut or grind it off. I used a sawzall and dremel
I think that I had seen one and pick it up that they were calling it the "frame" in that video.

Thanks for the heads up. Ill go and try and look some up. Regardless it looks like I will have some time to figure things out while I wait for the ability to order as a new customer.

I have never been to far off road, and most certainly have never had a truck with a winch. I do feel like it is going to be a must have accessory for what I'd like to have out it.

I see that you have a Badlands, do you have a winch mounted like that?

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that I had seen one and pick it up that they were calling it the "frame" in that video.

Thanks for the heads up. Ill go and try and look some up. Regardless it looks like I will have some time to figure things out while I wait for the ability to order as a new customer.

I have never been to far off road, and most certainly have never had a truck with a winch. I do feel like it is going to be a must have accessory for what I'd like to have out it.

I chose the wireless warn evo

D2F2452F-ADF9-44C4-8C56-953C1F5D4BB1.jpeg

963F9908-E1EC-41B2-854C-7808EA76B567.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Homebrew_One

Homebrew_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Badlands with Winch Set Up vs Packaging 963F9908-E1EC-41B2-854C-7808EA76B567

Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Badlands with Winch Set Up vs Packaging 963F9908-E1EC-41B2-854C-7808EA76B567
Nice! Great looking ride too! So I'm gonna take it that you didn't loose any features then at all?

My wife's new Honda has the adoptive cruise control, I knew that was going to require another set up in the Badlands platform then I was looking at. She likes that feature, I kind of like it, but I knew it looked like if we went the bumper mounted route that was not an option, So I guess that puts that back on the table but really that is the only thing in that package that is slightly appealing to me.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! Great looking ride too! So I'm gonna take it that you didn't loose any features then at all?

My wife's new Honda has the adoptive cruise control, I knew that was going to require another set up in the Badlands platform then I was looking at. She likes that feature, I kind of like it, but I knew it looked like if we went the bumper mounted route that was not an option, So I guess that puts that back on the table but really that is the only thing in that package that is slightly appealing to me.
Don’t lose anything

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base

Removing the "frame" horns probably took me all of about 20 minutes to cut, grind, and paint. Just use care to protect/avoid the brake lines and wiring harnesses when cutting and grinding.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Badlands with Winch Set Up vs Packaging 20220918_160903

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t buy Chinese shit products. Your Bronco was made in MICHIGAN USA. There’s plenty of made in USA winch options like @JcrOffroad
Sorry, but the JCR winch mount looks atrocious and if it's not made in Canada, it's crap! lol

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Removing the "frame" horns probably took me all of about 20 minutes to cut, grind, and paint. Just use care to protect/avoid the brake lines and wiring harnesses when cutting and grinding.

20220918_160903.jpg

D2F2452F-ADF9-44C4-8C56-953C1F5D4BB1.jpeg

963F9908-E1EC-41B2-854C-7808EA76B567.jpeg
Do you have a link or instructions for your install? I recall thinking this looked awesome, but that it’s a huge headache with the 2.7 because of an extra radiator/ coolant lines.

I’d love a winch and prefer the hidden look, but the front parking sensors, camera, and ACC get used all the time so I don’t want to interfere with them.
Sponsored