Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, I’m familiar with how it works on the jeeps. Probably similar on broncos but I’ve learned to never assume anything.

sure it’s convenient to press a button and do it, but stopping and getting out to do it is no big deal especially if it saves thousands of dollars and is really the only big difference.

Need build and price....
The thing about the Bronco is rather than the sway bar being forward and above the axle where you can swing it up out of the way, it is behind and below where you may not be able to.
Sponsored

RavenousHokie

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford EScape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The thing about the Bronco is rather than the sway bar being forward and above the axle where you can swing it up out of the way, it is behind and below where you may not be able to.
So maybe it might not be as simple as we hope?

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is coming down to price between these two.

For me, I'm generally thinking BD w/ Sasquatch or Badlands w/o Sasquatch.

Especially since, unless I'm wrong, once the 33" tires wear down you can replace them with the 35" tires:

Badlands tires: 285/70R17
Sasquatch tires: 315/70R17

If you are running a manual, the final gear ratio doesn't change between Sasquatch and stock Badlands.

If you go with the Automatic, you get 4.46 gears stock. Is it a big jump from 4.46 vs 4.7? Math-wise it doesn't sound like a big deal (0.24 difference) but I'll let someone more learned than me explain.
Somewhere I saw the final drive on the BD and the BL was both 4.7.
don't forget the cost of the auto transmission when you switch to v6 - a fully decked out badlands will be well into the $50k range even without the sasquatch package.

i would really like the bigger screen and better stereo but i don't think i could stomach an extra $10k for that stuff. for my use the black diamond will be sufficient, but there's definitely a FOMO aspect i'm weighing.
The 10spd on the mustang is like $1600 and the 2.7 on the f150 is $995. ?‍♂

JK

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am running square into the same questions as this thread posed. $6K for not much more when going from the black diamond to the badlands. The only difference is the sway bar disconnect and advanced transfer case.

This has me thinking the Sasquatch pkg will be about $5K on the BD, and more like $10K on the Base, and a thousand on the Badlands if that.

I think a black diamond with all the available off road options and sasquatch will be within <$1k of the badlands and sasquatch. This happens with the superdutys, all of the individual options added up are the same cost as the packages, the math works out exactly for the options you get, no way to cheat the system.

It has been a slow progression this week for me, from a Base to a Badlands. I'll do the math when the pricing is released but at this point I'd bet a Badlands with standard and squatch pkgs is the way I'll be going.

Sponsored

Erasmus

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are probably more features on the BL then we currently know. Like the dash mount, maybe the vinyl seats are better, dash maybe higher quality. I guess we will find out when build goes live

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am running square into the same questions as this thread posed. $6K for not much more when going from the black diamond to the badlands. The only difference is the sway bar disconnect and advanced transfer case.

This has me thinking the Sasquatch pkg will be about $5K on the BD, and more like $10K on the Base, and a thousand on the Badlands if that.

I think a black diamond with all the available off road options and sasquatch will be within <$1k of the badlands and sasquatch. This happens with the superdutys, all of the individual options added up are the same cost as the packages, the math works out exactly for the options you get, no way to cheat the system.

It has been a slow progression this week for me, from a Base to a Badlands. I'll do the math when the pricing is released but at this point I'd bet a Badlands with standard and squatch pkgs is the way I'll be going.
This is correct, my loaded out Lariat F-150 was almost identically priced to a Platinum. I shoulda searched harder for a Platinum, but I was being lazy.

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is correct, my loaded out Lariat F-150 was almost identically priced to a Platinum. I shoulda searched harder for a Platinum, but I was being lazy.
I got the loaded Lariat (F250) cuz I like the interior colors better. Also don't care for all the chrome badging on Platinum.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

In addition to sway bar disconnect and adv transfer case you mentioned, the Badlands has front diff lockers, Hoss suspension with Bilstein dampers, Dana 210 front axels, 33" 285 tires and aluminum rims. Black Diamond has none of this. This seems like a decent deal for $6k.

I think your Sasquatch price estimates are about double what they will actually be.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In addition to sway bar disconnect and adv transfer case you mentioned, the Badlands has front diff lockers, Hoss suspension with Bilstein dampers, Dana 210 front axels, 33" 285 tires and aluminum rims. Black Diamond has none of this. This seems like a decent deal for $6k.

I think your Sasquatch price estimates are about double what they will actually be.
How much better are the Bilstein dampers vs. the default base (I think they’re Fujitsu’s). Would the heavy duty Dana 210 front axel even matter without 35” wheels or a locking front diff?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
How much better are the Bilstein dampers vs. the default base (I think they’re Fujitsu’s). Would the heavy duty Dana 210 front axel even matter without 35” wheels or a locking front diff?
I am considering a Black Diamond and my preference is to put 33" tires on it. In this case, I think the Dana 190 front on the Black Diamond would be fine. If I decide to add Sasquatch, then I would also upgrade to the Dana 210 since those 35" tires will add a lot of stress.

The Badlands with 33" tires comes with the 210s, which is probably good. if you are doing hard core stuff in low gear and gas it, the 210s will hold up a lot better. I guess that's why they are included, even though the BL only has 33s.

I don't know about the Billsteins, but would love to hear someone explain their advantages.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Until we get the build & price, it's really hard to tell if the $6K difference is worth it or not. Depending on what I can add to the BD, I may be quite happy to live without the swaybar disconnect and advanced transfer case.

If the BD can be optioned with many of the standard items of the Badlands at less price, I would be happy to stay with the BD. Until we get the build, we just don't know how practical that is though.

I want everything that comes on the BD. Everything on it I want. I can't say that about the Badlands. I'd be paying for more than I want if I go the Badlands route.

If I can option the BD to come close to the Badlands, I will be very happy. Gears, axle, suspension. Give me those 3 for $2-3K less than the Badlands and I'm in.

Give us the build tool!

I'm not getting any of the packages, so the ability to go above mid is not a selling point for me, although I imagine it will be for some.

Last edited:

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One more reason I may upgrade to the BL from BD is the painted hard top