Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Honda Accord, 18’ Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might be upgrading from BD. How much are we looking at with a 4D BL with 2.7 and mid?
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it is going to come down to if I can get the 12" screen in the BD (if it is stand alone or only in the high package).

I know, that's probably irrational, but I like my tech stuff..
It's funny how people are different. The screen is honestly the thing I care least about in this car.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's funny how people are different. The screen is honestly the thing I care least about in this car.
It's interesting to see other people's "must haves."

I wouldn't care if the screen was a 1"

Truemen918

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How important is sway bar disconnect to those who don't plan on crazy rock crawling, just fun trails, overlanding, some minor rough terrain, etc?

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't see why not. That's not a huge difference in tire size.

There's no option for a 33" tire anywhere. It's standard on Badlands (technically, there's an option for a different 33" tire on the Badlands, but it's still only on the Badlands) and not available anywhere else. Base is 30" standard, BB, BD, and OB are all 32" standard.

If you want something other than the standard tire size for a given trim on any of them from the factory, Ford is saying "Squatch it or GTFO." And with the WT and FE, Ford is saying "We done Squatched it for you, so take it or GTFO."
Well said

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How important is sway bar disconnect to those who don't plan on crazy rock crawling, just fun trails, overlanding, some minor rough terrain, etc?
Per information/wisdom gained from this excellent article, the front sway disconnect is more important on an IFS vehicle than solid axle. So I would assume the disconnect being more valuable to Bronco with it's limited articulation. Now, for your personal usage, you're going to have to extrapolate when that might come into play.

2021 Bronco: How Big a Deal Is a Solid Front Axle Anyway?

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more you load down your vehicle the more you’re going to notice every angle your vehicle is at and every thing you go over. The sb disconnect will come in handy in more situations than just extreme rock crawling.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Per information/wisdom gained from this excellent article, the front sway disconnect is more important on an IFS vehicle than solid axle. So I would assume the disconnect being more valuable to Bronco with it's limited articulation. Now, for your personal usage, you're going to have to extrapolate when that might come into play.

2021 Bronco: How Big a Deal Is a Solid Front Axle Anyway?
That was a good article in comparing the systems. For me having done the Straight Axel Swap (SAS) on a couple rigs there is no other option better for the rocks. However, I like the IFS setup for the versatility the Bronco offers across all types of terrain.

Truemen918

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The more you load down your vehicle the more you’re going to notice every angle your vehicle is at and every thing you go over. The sb disconnect will come in handy in more situations than just extreme rock crawling.
Yeah, this is the only thing making me doubt BD... BD i feel is a great package for the money. Was gonna do BD + Sasquatch...

Sponsored

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, this is the only thing making me doubt BD... BD i feel is a great package for the money. Was gonna do BD + Sasquatch...
BD + Sasquatch will be right at the BL price with no options.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah. I don’t have any screen now. Don’t even have a smart phone. Not sure what I’m even going to do with the small screen.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not important to me at all. Wish I could deduct it from the Badlands.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not important to me at all. Wish I could deduct it from the Badlands.
We'll see how the pricing works on Sasquatch, but if you don't want the disconnect, the BD + Squatch may be your better ticket.

FireSquatch

Black Diamond
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh shit! Here we go! Its going down! Welcome to the new internal argument that is the equivalent of the mustang v6/ecoboost vs v8 comparison.

Badlands owners are gonna be talking smack on black diamond owners and they're gonna serve it right back. All while the Sasquatch owners are gonna be that guy at the other end of the bar thinking "look at these two idiots" ???
Sponsored