First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
We'll see how the pricing works on Sasquatch, but if you don't want the disconnect, the BD + Squatch may be your better ticket.
Actually, I prefer the 33" 285 tires on the Badlands to the 35" Squatch 315s for a number of reasons. I do think the 35s look cool and the lizard in me wants them, but alas I am human. I don't want the SB disconnect and can live without the front locker. So, the Black Diamond is my preference if I can get it with the 33s from the Badlands. Add the 2.7L and hard top and I'm good to go.
Sponsored

ontheuptick

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The more you load down your vehicle the more you’re going to notice every angle your vehicle is at and every thing you go over. The sb disconnect will come in handy in more situations than just extreme rock crawling.
I still don’t quite understand - what are those situations if not rock crawling where the Sway Bar Disconnect would be very valuable. Not questioning you - I’m just a genuine novice.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still don’t quite understand - what are those situations if not rock crawling where the Sway Bar Disconnect would be very valuable. Not questioning you - I’m just a genuine novice.
You’re going to get more flex out of the suspension so there will be less movement out of the vehicle if the shocks can absorb it.

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is coming down to price between these two.

For me, I'm generally thinking BD w/ Sasquatch or Badlands w/o Sasquatch.

Especially since, unless I'm wrong, once the 33" tires wear down you can replace them with the 35" tires:

Badlands tires: 285/70R17
Sasquatch tires: 315/70R17

If you are running a manual, the final gear ratio doesn't change between Sasquatch and stock Badlands.

If you go with the Automatic, you get 4.46 gears stock. Is it a big jump from 4.46 vs 4.7? Math-wise it doesn't sound like a big deal (0.24 difference) but I'll let someone more learned than me explain.
What did you decide.
After the Math Im thinking a Badlands + MID is the way to go.
If you go with Black Diamond + Mid + SAS --- the price is about 1300 less but you miss out on upgraded bash plate, head lights, dash....
Can then just run the 33s or swap them out ASAP........and You keep the manual and the gearing !

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What did you decide.
After the Math Im thinking a Badlands + MID is the way to go.
If you go with Black Diamond + Mid + SAS --- the price is about 1300 less but you miss out on upgraded bash plate, head lights, dash....
Can then just run the 33s or swap them out ASAP........and You keep the manual and the gearing !
The BD comes with the upgraded bash plates and rock rails.

The interior options are a lot more than I expected. Pricing for fun, and going with the possible premium cost added to the Bronco options (which I hope will settle into a more realistic number - survey people better not screw this up), BD comes to around 1500 less than the BL.

I'm wrestling with that difference, currently.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did I miss something?

Using the prices from yesterday if you take both 4 door black diamond and Badlands and add:

V6
Auto
Sasquatch
Mid
MIC top

The Badlands is about $5k more.

Besides the sway bar disconnect and upgraded grill/lights what is the BD lacking?
These 'feeler-prices' are just to see how many "shut up and take my money" buyers there are. Hopefully not many.

Starting (I have the 2-door numbers in front of me):

BD 37,545 vs BL 43,590 = 6,000 differenceish.

Anyway, Sasquatch on the BD are hoping to charge $4500 and on the BL is $2500.

That reduces the difference to 4,000.

For 4,000 you get:
Sway bar disconnect
GOAT Mode Baja instead of Sport
Grille
LED signature lighting
High Level Instrument Panel
Advanced 4x4 with Automatic on demand engagement

I think the Sasquatch BD vs the Badlands is a more interesting comparison. Difference in price there is almost $1600

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These 'feeler-prices' are just to see how many "shut up and take my money" buyers there are. Hopefully not many.

Starting (I have the 2-door numbers in front of me):

BD 37,545 vs BL 43,590 = 6,000 differenceish.

Anyway, Sasquatch on the BD are hoping to charge $4500 and on the BL is $2500.

For 4,000 you get:
Sway bar disconnect
Grille
LED signature lighting

I think the Sasquatch BD vs the Badlands is a more interesting comparison. Difference in price there is almost $1600
Thank you. I agree that the base Badlands comparison is interesting. I've only seen base badlands in black. Would like to see it in other colors.

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The BD comes with the upgraded bash plates and rock rails.

The interior options are a lot more than I expected. Pricing for fun, and going with the possible premium cost added to the Bronco options (which I hope will settle into a more realistic number - survey people better not screw this up), BD comes to around 1500 less than the BL.

I'm wrestling with that difference, currently.
Yea it’s about 1300 difference but I fee the nice small upgrades the badlands offers covers that.. head lights, rear bumper, dash, goat modes, wheels,

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very valuable? Not many. IFS articulates fairly well even with a sway bar. I do not want the disconnect. I plan to keep my Bronco long term and do not trust it to hold up. If the sway bar is an issue off-road, I’ll remove it.

I also don’t want the more complicated transfer case.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

For 4,000 you get:
Sway bar disconnect
Grille
LED signature lighting

Thanks for the breakdown; I was set on Badlands...but now am leaning toward Black Diamond. I think for the $4k, I could get dual tops. The only thing I thought I couldn't live without is the Sawy Bar Disconnect, but now I'm thinking I'll just figure out how to manually disconnect and do it that way. I think Ford is gouging on Sas on the Badlands, but it's a good deal on the Black Diamond.

For your breakdown, here is how I look at it:

Sway bar disconnect - Less complexity with BD, and hopefully there is an aftermarket solution to disconnect quickly.
GOAT Mode Baja instead of Sport - I would rather have Sport....by a big margin
Grille - Either is fine
LED signature lighting - Either is fine
High Level Instrument Panel - I didn't realize there was a difference...what is the diff?
Advanced 4x4 with Automatic on demand engagement - I don't car about automatic engagement, but is there any other feature tied to it that would be valuable?

Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the breakdown; I was set on Badlands...but now am leaning toward Black Diamond. I think for the $4k, I could get dual tops. The only thing I thought I couldn't live without is the Sawy Bar Disconnect, but now I'm thinking I'll just figure out how to manually disconnect and do it that way. I think Ford is gouging on Sas on the Badlands, but it's a good deal on the Black Diamond.

For your breakdown, here is how I look at it:

Sway bar disconnect - Less complexity with BD, and hopefully there is an aftermarket solution to disconnect quickly.
GOAT Mode Baja instead of Sport - I would rather have Sport....by a big margin
Grille - Either is fine
LED signature lighting - Either is fine
High Level Instrument Panel - I didn't realize there was a difference...what is the diff?
Advanced 4x4 with Automatic on demand engagement - I don't car about automatic engagement, but is there any other feature tied to it that would be valuable?
The “Advanced auto 4X4” system has lower gearing (think it’s 3.07 or something like that) so it gives you a better crawl ratio.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep ending up at the BL. Will price out a BD a few ways but I think the BL is going to be where I land. I REALLY want the manual and the 210 front and want the low range of the advanced tcase. To get that on the BD I need to SAS and loose the manual along with any price advantage to the BL.

Might price out a base squatch to see where that lands...if I am giving up the manual I want the 2.7 as a consolation.

At the end of the day the BL std gets me the crawl ratio and as close to a manual SAS as you can get. I dont even think I am going to get the mid package just the hard top. It is not much of a difference over the BD and I plan to keep this for 20+yrs so I would rather just have everything I ever would want and the BD to BL difference is not that much to me.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No idea what the High Level gets you. It was in the literature as standard on the Badlands and not on the Black Diamond.

Maybe more information? Maybe appearance options?

Maybe a HUD? Could be anything - or nothing.

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the basic headlights better anyway. They’re still LEDs.
I know this is an old post but one thing to consider is the cost of replacing headlights. The Black Diamond headlights might be much cheaper. I have a BMW that's headlights are very expensive.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to dig up an "old" thread, but just wanted to say that this thread helped to reaffirm my choice to more or less "max out" a Black Diamond as opposed to doing the Badlands.

If our guesses for the pricing options are correct, a 2.7 Black Diamond with Sasquatch, Mid Package, hardtop, tow package, and upgraded 4x4 prices out at $51,840. The same items on the Badlands come out to $54,885. So looks like a $3,045 difference for essentially sway bar disconnects and the ability to spend more money on the higher packages. Nothing in the Luxe package jumps out at me, so if I went with the High just to get the larger screen and the 360 camera, I'd be paying $4,245 for the disconnects (which would be of only nominal use to me anyway) and the screen/camera. That seems like a lot.

I could also go with a non-Sasquatched Badlands I suppose, but the amount of times I'd need disconnects (never needed them yet in my offroading life) or the front camera (I rarely offroad alone, so I can have a spotter for tricky spots), is probably pretty minimal if non-existent. Plus, I worry a little more about resale value of any non-Sasquatched vs. a lower trim that's been added onto.

Chris
Sponsored