Danger Dan

Danger Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 GMC Sierra 1500HD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Badlands has slightly different GOAT modes, the rock rails aren't clear on BD, sway bar disconnect, LED headlights, options for the higher equipment packages. With Sasquatch I believe the suspension is going to be the same for both BD and BL. The price difference is 2,655 by my calculation.

Also I think Badlands is lowest trim that lets you do Mid-tier package with Manual Transmission, for those that care.

For me I want the higher tier equipment packages than mid, also like the LED headlights.
I just can't bring myself to care about GOAT modes. I'll be flipping my own switches and managing my own pedals because that's how I am, I don't want a car that does all the work for me. If I can do this in on an open diff with ~60HP/TQ, I just don't see myself needing more GOAT modes, and even if I have them, I don't see myself using them.

I was / am in the same boat. I could care less / use the front sway bar or even the lighting. I only wanted the adaptive cruise control. In the end, it would cost over an additional $10k to get BL with Lux vs. BD with Mid, after taxes. So, leaning towards giving up on adaptive - which is a shame. Ford should consider safety functions not be buried in discretionary items and offered to all those that want them, really. Seems like greed>safety and not a very good image, really.
NGL, I do actually think the 360 degree camera thing is cool, but it's hardly a priority. I care about ACC and sway bar disco, but you're right, that is a lot of money to spend on those two features-- money that could instead be put toward a 2.7L engine, a winch, etc.

Tommy1135

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My justification for BD over BL..
-Nicer grille IMO. Like the design more and don’t like the signature lights.
-Not a fan of the stock BL wheels. And the upgrades look similar to the Sasquatch wheels that everyone will have. Steelies are kinda funky, but they’re growing on me.
-Blue accent interior over orange. Better for me because I’ll be getting VB, so it will match better.
-Don’t have a need for the high package, so wouldn’t be getting that anyways in the BL.

So the only things I’ll regret not having is 33 inch tires and I think LED taillights which really isn’t a big deal.
So personally, I think the BD is nicer and works out better for me.

LimitlessTruth

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Totoya Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just can't bring myself to care about GOAT modes. I'll be flipping my own switches and managing my own pedals because that's how I am, I don't want a car that does all the work for me. If I can do this in on an open diff with ~60HP/TQ, I just don't see myself needing more GOAT modes, and even if I have them, I don't see myself using them.
Yeah, I'm not listing it as a selling point necessarily just a technical difference between the two trims.

Going Sasquatch does basically equalize the trims, 2600 is a little high for what is left in difference. Outside of having the option to go into higher equipment packages I would probably have gone BD.

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The BL leather seats (4 DR) gives you power seats.

Aside from the clown colored Navy Pier Leather in FE an OBX, it's the only advertised seats that come with power.

I could also be completely wrong - just going off B&P and the 10 minute interior review.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My justification for BD over BL..
-Nicer grille IMO. Like the design more and don’t like the signature lights.
-Not a fan of the stock BL wheels. And the upgrades look similar to the Sasquatch wheels that everyone will have. Steelies are kinda funky, but they’re growing on me.
-Blue accent interior over orange. Better for me because I’ll be getting VB, so it will match better.
-Don’t have a need for the high package, so wouldn’t be getting that anyways in the BL.

So the only things I’ll regret not having is 33 inch tires and I think LED taillights which really isn’t a big deal.
So personally, I think the BD is nicer and works out better for me.
I agree on the better grill on the Black Diamond. It is just a tougher looking truck from the front. I also like the interior better.

I am still torn. I would like the SB Disconnect and the 360 degree camera....but I am basically in for another $5-7k with Badlands if I go that route. I like the looks of the BD better, and am going Squatch no matter what. It's a tough call.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ooo lookie there. Sure enough it says the BD has them. But why it would be in the cheap BD and not on the higher $$ BL is strange.

I’m gonna think this is another rockstar oopsie. But you are correct it says it officially.
I myself will not be surprised to see it change.
The BL comes standard with "active grille shutters"

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford blew it on not making all safety features standard and a freakin' cold weather package. Isn't ford in winter areas??!

They Call Me Bacon

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Pony, 99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with you, Dan. I'll be doing some mild climbing (not exactly many hills in FL, but I'll head north for fun once in a while after the apocalypse is over), so I really want the sway bar disconnect. It's just not worth it for the price, plus, I picked the BD initially for the MGV and washout floors.
As for a winch - Warn EVO is far less online than Ford sells it. I hope the bracket is affordable.

After agonizing for some time between the two just for that stupid disconnect, I decided to save my money for the road trips and go with the (IMO) better-looking Black Diamond.

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree on the better grill on the Black Diamond. It is just a tougher looking truck from the front. I also like the interior better.

I am still torn. I would like the SB Disconnect and the 360 degree camera....but I am basically in for another $5-7k with Badlands if I go that route. I like the looks of the BD better, and am going Squatch no matter what. It's a tough call.
I have honestly bounced back and forth on these two trim levels at least a half dozen times and am currently settled on BL squatched.

BD price: $50.9k
BL price: $54.2k

For me, it boiled down to grill/headlights.

Lame, I know as I'm staying with the mid package and vinyl seats. Figured if I'm paying north of $50k, I'm gonna get what I want, albeit frivolous. ?

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

NGL, I do actually think the 360 degree camera thing is cool, but it's hardly a priority. I care about ACC and sway bar disco, but you're right, that is a lot of money to spend on those two features-- money that could instead be put toward a 2.7L engine, a winch, etc.
Have a 14 lc. Never use the cameras. Or turn assist
Sponsored