Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup! Everything but the stitching. So I’m prob gonna swap seats with a BD owner
Lol
That might be an Interesting thing to think about.
I’m ordering a 4 door BD in cyber orange and prefer the color scheme of the BL seats
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some off roading, not many places to go off roading on LI. I am going to do Sasquatch. Aren’t the interiors the same on both?
if you are squatching get black diamond, it essentially will even the score for way cheaper if u don't want the fancy stuff

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wish I could get the BD non-squatched with a front locker. Basically, I will probably just take off the sway bar which I have done on a few rigs, add some Kings, Foxes or ADS coil overs and better tires.

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the BD w/ the Sasquatch package would almost be considered a budget BL or just less expensive. Unless you want the high or lux package, I'd just stick with the BD.

I'm considering the BD but Ford isn't letting you option the mid package with the manual for some crazy reason. So if I go manual in a BD I have to go without the mid package or go up to the BL, which I'm not sure if I'm going to do that. The wash out floors is what sold me on the BD in the beginning, but the BL has as well.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the BD w/ the Sasquatch package would almost be considered a budget BL or just less expensive. Unless you want the high or lux package, I'd just stick with the BD.

I'm considering the BD but Ford isn't letting you option the mid package with the manual for some crazy reason. So if I go manual in a BD I have to go without the mid package or go up to the BL, which I'm not sure if I'm going to do that. The wash out floors is what sold me on the BD in the beginning, but the BL has as well.
Yep, this is a good way of looking at that. I think most of us want the MGV and washout floors.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol
I’m ordering a 4 door BD in cyber orange and prefer the color scheme of the BL seats
Prob is relatively simple swap too. A couple bolts here and there and you’re set. Prob around an hour or 2

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am leaning toward BL with no options, or maybe the optional wheels.

I am not a hardcore off roader , but l will make use of the lockers are least. Never had a truck with sway bar disconnect so that will be new.

The BD would be plenty but I modify everything and I am sure I'd upgrade anyways. Also I hate the BD wheel choices ?

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, this is a good way of looking at that. I think most of us want the MGV and washout floors.
I see no point for even upgrading from the MGV to the leather on the BL. From what people say that have seen these vehicles in person, it having similar quality to leather. I wouldn't see a reason to upgrade.

Unless you're like me and want a manual, save some money and stick with the BD.

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see no point for even upgrading from the MGV to the leather on the BL. From what people say that have seen these vehicles in person, it having similar quality to leather. I wouldn't see a reason to upgrade.

Unless you're like me and want a manual, save some money and stick with the BD.
I agree with you on the MGV and leather debate. I too want a manual, but prefer the 2.7 over the 2.3.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with you on the MGV and leather debate. I too want a manual, but prefer the 2.7 over the 2.3.
I was disappointed in the fact that the manual couldn't be paired with the 2.7L but since got over it and still want the manual.

Now it's just the fact that Ford wants to gouge my wallet for wanting heated seats and the manual. Or just going without the mid package in the BD.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was in your same boat for a while deciding being between a BD and a BL, and I've decided to stick with a squatched BD. For my build, a squatched BD is $50,010 or an unsquatched BL is $50,765. (my goal was to keep it under $50k before TTL). Looking through tirerack.com, it will cost an extra $200 for five 35" tires compared to 33"s when they'll need to be replaced, and at $2.50/gallon on average (it's currently $1.50/gallon right now in the Austin area), you'll spend an extra $140 in gas per year assuming a 1.5 mpg hit with the squatch vs BL 33"s. Basically, it'll take a couple years at 15k miles/year to break even on the cost between squatched BD and standard BL, so the ownership price is somewhat comparable. I do plan on owning this till it dies (hopefully for 10+ years) or till Dino juice becomes prohibitively expensive. Here's my $50,010 build:

4-door BD
carbonized gray (still not 100% on that, I may go black or wild card with the Cactus Gray, IDK how it'll all match with the MIC hardtop. I'm not paying a ton more or waiting for the modular black or body color top. That's a whole other topic.)
Sasquatch
MIC hardtop
2.7L auto
MID package (wife's request for heated seats and remote start)
towing (although if it's as easy to add a hitch and wiring set up as the wrangler, I'll do that myself and save $500, again a whole other topic).

If I got the same options on the BL, but take away the squatch and stick with the 33" BL tires, it's $50,765

I really want the marine grade seating and rubber flooring so I don't have to worry much if I get caught off guard by a stray summer thunderstorm with the top off. 98% pavement and road trip use, but I will definitely be getting off the road 1-2x per year outside of some of my field sites for work that have massive gravel/grass hidden potholes that I finally don't have to worry about. I'm not a hardcore off roader, so I don't think I'll find myself in a situation where the sway bar disconnect feature of the BL is mandatory for me. I'm mostly in it for the look and uniqueness, and while I think the 2-doors look solid on 33"s, my opinion is that the 4-doors look complete with the 35"s. I do have a slight preference for the signature lighting on the BL, but the regular lighting still looks badass to me and isn't worth the regret of not getting the squatched 35"s. The standard 32" tires on the BD are definitely out of the question for me.

Either way, to each their own, and it'll be badass and you can't go wrong, but that's been my logic and 2 cents.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was disappointed in the fact that the manual couldn't be paired with the 2.7L but since got over it and still want the manual.

Now it's just the fact that Ford wants to gouge my wallet for wanting heated seats and the manual. Or just going without the mid package in the BD.
I find myself going back and fourth on BD or BL.

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol
how early is your reservation? Would hate for you to be ”stuck“ with the blue accented interior?

if only ...ahem...you knew someone...ahem....who might be looking at a blue 4 door BL.
Sponsored