Noog1315

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just sitting here wishing the 12 inch screen, 33,s & carb grey wheels were available on my BD build ...
Those three reasons are exactly why I went from wanting BD to BL. I want the bigger tires but I also do dig the look of the BD black steelies. But 12” screen and bigger tires are my main two pushes to go with BL.
Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Those three reasons are exactly why I went from wanting BD to BL. I want the bigger tires but I also do dig the look of the BD black steelies. But 12” screen and bigger tires are my main two pushes to go with BL.
I have said it before, the steelies IMHO are the best looking of all wheels offered across all packages.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like someone stated above, you can break it down into specific needs vs wants and that will answer your question.
1. Budget$ How much can you afford or what is your top limit?

2. Needs? Front sway bar disconnect, Front & Rear Lockers, V-6 or 4, and how much creature comforts do you want - mid, high or Lux?

3. Wants?

The Bronco is going to plenty capable out of the box. Daily driver, Weekend off-roader, occasional over-lander.

???????

For me, so much of this vehicles capabilities is more want than Needs. However, I am going to go with as much capability as I can afford and some creature comforts to keep the misses happy!!! And, from there I will attempt to challenge this truck on the back trails and logging roads in NW Montana, within reason of course. After all, it will cost me upwards of $55K.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
how early is your reservation? Would hate for you to be ”stuck“ with the blue accented interior?

if only ...ahem...you knew someone...ahem....who might be looking at a blue 4 door BL.
July 23

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was BD all fall until B&P came out. Reasons for change:

1. 33” tires with wheels I like (not a fan of steelies)
2. High package (12” screen and heated seats)
3. I didn’t like the two tone MGV
4. Resale value of a BL versus amped up BD

The difference was only $5k and sure, most of this can be done in the aftermarket. By the time I do that the price delta keep shrinking and I’m left without a 12” screen and a badge that isn’t as premium for resale. Assuming I love the Bronco, I’ll likely want to get a new one in 5 years or so. At that point, I think BL will pull a few $k more. And poof goes (most of) the price difference.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

To me the answer is simple. If you want mid (and thus presumably auto transmission) then the choice is Squatched BD or BL (because it makes no sense to get a hose out interior off-road er with bash plates and steel bumpers without getting the better front diff, suspension and lockers).

Since you have to Squatch the BD, you are at BL pricing anyway, so get a Badlands.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And, from there I will attempt to challenge this truck on the back trails and logging roads in NW Montana, within reason of course. After all, it will cost me upwards of $55K.
Dang I'm jealous. Montana is on my bucket list! :love:

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang I'm jealous. Montana is on my bucket list! :love:
The flathead area is breathtaking...and you can’t beat hiking through glacier NP
It’s one of my favorite states...

Tommy1135

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To me the answer is simple. If you want mid (and thus presumably auto transmission) then the choice is Squatched BD or BL (because it makes no sense to get a hose out interior off-road er with bash plates and steel bumpers without getting the better front diff, suspension and lockers).

Since you have to Squatch the BD, you are at BL pricing anyway, so get a Badlands.
If anything, that makes the BD more appealing since getting it sasquatched is still cheaper.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The flathead area is breathtaking...and you can’t beat hiking through glacier NP
It’s one of my favorite states...
Agreed, born and raised in Kalispell. All of the NW states are breath taking, MT, WA, OR, WY, ID.
If you are an avid outdoor person, the opportunities are endless with whatever your niche is.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I don't know how you get to the pricing being equal...with both 2.7/Mid/Squatch; then Badlands is $3250 more. I guess if you may be saying don't squatch the Badlands, but then the Badlands is still $755 more...with no 35s. Every time you see a Squatched Bronco, you will regret that move.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed, born and raised in Kalispell. All of the NW states are breath taking, MT, WA, OR, WY, ID.
If you are an avid outdoor person, the opportunities are endless with whatever your niche is.
I agree; I lived up in B-ham and down in Redmond for a spell. Now live in NM; which IMHO is a secret gem with many majestic mountains and ranges.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree; I lived up in B-ham and down in Redmond for a spell. Now live in NM; which IMHO is a secret gem with many majestic mountains and ranges.
Totally agree with your statement. NM is an amazing state, has its own beauty with all the rock formations and mountains. And, great Elk hunting to boot!!!
Sponsored