The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the Base model + Sasquatch comes out to around $37k which i think its going to would you buy that or the Black Diamond at $36k??
Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If the Base model + Sasquatch comes out to around $37k which i think its going to would you buy that or the Black Diamond at $36k??
Tough call. Knowing nothing else on options both price and availablity (need the auxillary switches) is vinyl an option? (unlikely), etc. As you put it? I go Basequatch.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My plan is the basequatch.

with so many trim levels not having the rubberized floor with drain plugs, I suspect the aftermarket (or Ford) will jump in with diy install options, and I also suspect waterproof seat covers will come out pretty quick.

with the Sasquatch you also get a stronger front dif with a locker than the black diamond, which is a much more difficult and expensive mod to do than to replace flooring and throw on some seat covers.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tough call. Knowing nothing else on options both price and availablity (need the auxillary switches) is vinyl an option? (unlikely), etc. As you put it? I go Basequatch.
Its definitely a tough call. With the Black Diamond you get so much more options. Even the interior with the rubber floor and drain plugs is Huge. The vinyl seats are Huge as well. Plus more color options like Cactus grey and Area 51.

I'm holding off to see what the Sasquatch package price is going to be so I haven't made reservations as if yet. But I actually think its going to be pretty pricey being that you also have to upgrade to the Automatic transmission. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the base with Sasquatch gets close to $40k

And if thats the case I'm going with a different model. You can easily fit 33s on them without the Sasquatch and thats plenty for off roading. Unless your hard-core rock crawling which i won't be.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

with so many trim levels not having the rubberized floor with drain plugs, I suspect the aftermarket (or Ford) will jump in with diy install options, and I also suspect waterproof seat covers will come out pretty quick.

with the Sasquatch you also get a stronger front dif with a locker than the black diamond, which is a much more difficult and expensive mod to do than to replace flooring and throw on some seat covers.
I just think a Basequatch would be hard to swallow at around $40k if comes out to around that. I have a bad feeling it will. But I do agree with you and that is my original plan as well. Waiting for pricing though before I make my decision.

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just think a Basequatch would be hard to swallow at around $40k if comes out to around that. I have a bad feeling it will. But I do agree with you and that is my original plan as well. Waiting for pricing though before I make my decision.
Admittedly, if the Sasquatch package is significantly over $5k I probably won’t spring for it, my hope is to get a 2 door basequatch with the 2.7, aux switches, and keypad for under 40.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Also I definitely wouldn't want to be drilling holes in my floors for aftermarket stuff. Id rather buy it from that factory professionally set up like that. Wouldn't want my floor rotting away over time because of doing something like that.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also I definitely wouldn't want to be drilling holes in my floors for aftermarket stuff. Id rather buy it from that factory professionally set up like that. Wouldn't want my floor rotting away over time because of doing something like that.
The floor stamping is going to be the same regardless of model, it’s entirely possible you wouldn’t have to drill a hole at all. If you do though, there are plenty of ways to make sure it’s sealed properly to avoid rust.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Admittedly, if the Sasquatch package is significantly over $5k I probably won’t spring for it, my hope is to get a 2 door basequatch with the 2.7, aux switches, and keypad for under 40.
But even at $5k you still have to upgrade to a $2k Automatic transmission. I really wish you can get the Sasquatch with the Manual. It would be more doable.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The floor stamping is going to be the same regardless of model, it’s entirely possible you wouldn’t have to drill a hole at all. If you do though, there are plenty of ways to make sure it’s sealed properly to avoid rust.
Maybe. But even if thats the case I think it wouldn't hold its value as well after you go and do something like that versus buying the Black Diamond thats naturally set up like that from the factory. I know if i was buying a used vehicle I wouldn't want the one that someone drilled holes in the floor. If the floors have the holes underneath the carpet already I wouldn't be as bad though. Still don't think it would hold its value as well though.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We need to see the build options and prices with this. I want the base Squatch but would be able to settle with lockers.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And if thats the case I'm going with a different model. You can easily fit 33s on them without the Sasquatch and thats plenty for off roading. Unless your hard-core rock crawling which i won't be.
Are you saying 33s easily fit on the the Base? This is what I want to do but can't figure out if that can "easily" done without lift kits, etc.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well all the other models loke Big Bend and Black Diamond for example come stock with 32s. Im pretty sure you'd be able to go just one size bigger to 33s. The Base only comes with 30s but as far as I know has the same size suspension as the other two I mentioned. If I'm wrong im sure someone will chime it. Either way I'm 100% sure you can go 32s on the Base.

Zraver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Pathfindet, 85 300zx
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2d BD shoukd xplan around $34k, $33k through Granger. Figure $5k for squatch and a blacksquatch 2d should be $38-40k all in including delivery fees but excluding some document fees and of course TTL costs.

With all the different ways to get Xplan or just going through Granger no one this forum should be paying MSRP.

Seriously paying MSRP should be like speaking Attic Greek... No one does.

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Black Diamond, because it gets me a rear locker and the wash-out interior, and I can't have Sasquatch with the 7MT for some reason. Ford pissed away $5k with that decision.
Sponsored