Sponsored

Black Diamond vs Base w/add ons price gap

RiotSquirrel

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Florida (The pines part, not the palms part)
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry if this has been asked, but I’ve been lurking awhile and didn’t see it addressed so...

I had pretty much settled on BD due to the MGV and a water resistant/washout interior being handy with the dog+beach sand+regular muddy boots my interior has to deal with currently (plus my intent to usually have the top off despite the ever present threat of a sunny day turned Florida 1.5 inch popup “shower”). I saw that the build and price wouldn’t let me add Sasquatch AND the sound dampening headliner or a few other things, chalked it up to the GVWR, not a deal breaker.

but then tonight for funsies, I got back on and made a base-squatch and even after adding the bash plates and bumper and things the BD had, I could still also add the headliner and the brush guard AND it was $6,000 less - With more stuff but minus the MGV.

1) Is there THAT big a difference in GVWR between the two models or is it a B&P coding error? 2) am I missing some upgrade beyond the interior that adds a price jump of 6 grand? What am I missing here y’all?
Sponsored

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can get (in '22) a Base Mansquatch with HD bumper, skid plates, roof rack, and accessory switches for less than a standard BD.

The big difference is that they want to advertise a $30k base price while making profit everywhere else. I'm guessing that the headliner with Squatch is a B&P mistake if they're both 4d. That or MGV is just enough heavier than cloth.

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's Ford's pay to play model. With BD you can pay extra to get Mid package, that's not an option on base model.

You pay for the trim that offers the options you want to pay more for.

Do the same to the Big Bend, you'll find the washout is really only 1-2k when compared apples to apples.

Stevegp

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 mustang gt. F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Base squatch is probably the best value out of all the trims
BD also comes with rear locker

OP
OP
RiotSquirrel

RiotSquirrel

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can get (in '22) a Base Mansquatch with HD bumper, skid plates, roof rack, and accessory switches for less than a standard BD.

The big difference is that they want to advertise a $30k base price while making profit everywhere else. I'm guessing that the headliner with Squatch is a B&P mistake if they're both 4d. That or MGV is just enough heavier than cloth.
they were both 2d, maybe thats why it tipped the line. But either way, wanting to advertise a low entry point and taking the bet on making it up in packages elsewhere makes sense.

I’d planned to hold out for the man-squatch either way, but this is definitely shoving me toward a basemansquatch. And, I guess, a lot of Scotch Guard.

Sponsored

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what options are on the base? Your difference in price doesn’t add up. Your price should be a lot closer unless you are also modding the BD.

Remember the BD is more than just the seats. Even adding the Sasquatch, you don’t get: extra GOAT modes, no rear steel bumper, no rock rails, no aux switches, no Molle seat back, and a lot more.

By the time you add it all up, it costs way more. Is it worth it to you is the question.

Personally- I either am going to get a base squatch +manual+ bumper+ aux switches+ mic and pay it off in a year or go badlands squatch+ manual + lux + color top and stretch it out.

Either is good and you def want the Bilsteins unless you are just going aftermarket to begin with.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry if this has been asked, but I’ve been lurking awhile and didn’t see it addressed so...

I had pretty much settled on BD due to the MGV and a water resistant/washout interior being handy with the dog+beach sand+regular muddy boots my interior has to deal with currently (plus my intent to usually have the top off despite the ever present threat of a sunny day turned Florida 1.5 inch popup “shower”). I saw that the build and price wouldn’t let me add Sasquatch AND the sound dampening headliner or a few other things, chalked it up to the GVWR, not a deal breaker.

but then tonight for funsies, I got back on and made a base-squatch and even after adding the bash plates and bumper and things the BD had, I could still also add the headliner and the brush guard AND it was $6,000 less - With more stuff but minus the MGV.

1) Is there THAT big a difference in GVWR between the two models or is it a B&P coding error? 2) am I missing some upgrade beyond the interior that adds a price jump of 6 grand? What am I missing here y’all?
I completely agree with in that the MGV and washout floors allows for ultimate top off open air freedom in places prone to surprise weather, and that feature is worth a lot to me! From what I see, the BD is $3,425 more than a base with all else even.
Building a 4door base with sas, 2.7, mic hardtop, hd front bumper, bash plates, and rock rails comes out to $46,090
Building a 4 door BD with sas, 2.7, and mic hardtop comes out to $49,515

in addition to the washout floor and MGV, you get extra goat modes, a steel rear bumper (that extra weight), a leather wrapped steering wheel, white lettering on the grille (whatever), and window tint with the BD. I personally think the $3425 is well worth it for all of that alone, and it allows me to unlock the mid package (heated seats were my wife’s only request from me out of this car, lol)

a similarly built BB is $48,770 or only $745 less than a BD and doesn’t include MGV or washout floors

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you want the mid package? If the answer is no then get the base.

OP
OP
RiotSquirrel

RiotSquirrel

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what options are on the base? Your difference in price doesn’t add up. Your price should be a lot closer unless you are also modding the BD.

Remember the BD is more than just the seats. Even adding the Sasquatch, you don’t get: extra GOAT modes, no rear steel bumper, no rock rails, no aux switches, no Molle seat back, and a lot more.

By the time you add it all up, it costs way more. Is it worth it to you is the question.

Personally- I either am going to get a base squatch +manual+ bumper+ aux switches+ mic and pay it off in a year or go badlands squatch+ manual + lux + color top and stretch it out.

Either is good and you def want the Bilsteins unless you are just going aftermarket to begin with.
I forgot about the rear steel bumper and the rear locker. But here is what I spec'd out (ended up being 5k, I forgot about the rock rails the first time):

BD: 2d+Sasquatch (+automatic added currently to B&P) = $45k and I can't add a brush guard or headliner.

Base: 2d+ sasquatch(+automatic added currently to B&P)+heavy bumper +bash plates + rock rails + switches + headliner + brushguard = $40k

thats still a pretty big difference considering I added another $800 in accessories even if I don't have the MGV interior or rear steel bumper or rear locker (GOAT modes are not the hugest deal to me, though i reserve the right to change my mind once I have them)

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I forgot about the rear steel bumper and the rear locker. But here is what I spec'd out (ended up being 5k, I forgot about the rock rails the first time):

BD: 2d+Sasquatch (+automatic added currently to B&P) = $45k and I can't add a brush guard or headliner.

Base: 2d+ sasquatch(+automatic added currently to B&P)+heavy bumper +bash plates + rock rails + switches + headliner + brushguard = $40k

thats still a pretty big difference considering I added another $800 in accessories even if I don't have the MGV interior or rear steel bumper or rear locker (GOAT modes are not the hugest deal to me, though i reserve the right to change my mind once I have them)
With Squatch, you get rear locker (and front) either way, so that's a wash.

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you aren't adding mid package, then legit save yourself 5k and go with base. Get the steel bumper later

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are right. It is one hell of a deal. To be honest- the BD SAS price seems very high. You already have the front bumper, bash plates, rear lockers but have to pay $6885. That is nuts- I hope that is a mistake. I mean the base is $7385- that is where you make up the difference.

So for an extra $500 (7385-6885), you get the front bumper, bash plates, and rear locker or conversely they are only discounting $500 off the BD for having the front bumper, bash plates, and rear locker. That is either wrong or a rip-off. There are many of us who feel the SAS pricing doesn’t really make sense.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You are right. It is one hell of a deal. To be honest- the BD SAS price seems very high. You already have the front bumper, bash plates, rear lockers but have to pay $6885. That is nuts- I hope that is a mistake. I mean the base is $7385- that is where you make up the difference.

So for an extra $500 (7385-6885), you get the front bumper, bash plates, and rear locker or conversely they are only discounting $500 off the BD for having the front bumper, bash plates, and rear locker. That is either wrong or a rip-off. There are many of us who feel the SAS pricing doesn’t really make sense.
SAS doesn't include bumper or plates. So it's only a credit for the locker.

KKOSH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS, GT500, EXPEDITION, EXPLORER, EDGE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am trying to decide between a base sasquatch 2dr vs a badlands non-sasquatch 2dr. Price is close. I like the idea vinyl seats and washout floor but I love the look of the sasquatch!

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I built every trim and settled on the Black Diamond mainly because of the MGV, switches, and I believe there were a couple items you can get on the base. Badlands was a few thousand dollars over the Black Diamond and I wasn’t getting anything extra I couldn’t live with out.
Sponsored