Black Diamond vs Base w/add ons price gap

OP
OP
RiotSquirrel

RiotSquirrel

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Florida (The pines part, not the palms part)
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I completely agree with in that the MGV and washout floors allows for ultimate top off open air freedom in places prone to surprise weather, and that feature is worth a lot to me! From what I see, the BD is $3,425 more than a base with all else even.
Building a 4door base with sas, 2.7, mic hardtop, hd front bumper, bash plates, and rock rails comes out to $46,090
Building a 4 door BD with sas, 2.7, and mic hardtop comes out to $49,515

in addition to the washout floor and MGV, you get extra goat modes, a steel rear bumper (that extra weight), a leather wrapped steering wheel, white lettering on the grille (whatever), and window tint with the BD. I personally think the $3425 is well worth it for all of that alone, and it allows me to unlock the mid package (heated seats were my wife’s only request from me out of this car, lol)

a similarly built BB is $48,770 or only $745 less than a BD and doesn’t include MGV or washout floors
yeah, I’d priced the difference in BB and BD before and that was an easy upsell to BD since washout floors and MGV is super handy here. But the price gap from base to BD with basically the same stuff is even bigger on the 2D than the 4d for whatever reason (see my response to Jchetty above) and now I’m over here googling neoprene seat covers.

Also I feel where your wife’s coming from on the heated seats, I’d told myself I wasn’t going to buy another vehicle without them, but I’m not buying the whole mid package and giving up the manual just to get them either.

Do we know yet whether the carpet is like the wrangler carpet and basically just lifts out if it gets mildewed and you need to trash it?
Sponsored

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you aren't adding mid package, then legit save yourself 5k and go with base. Get the steel bumper later
What about the GOAT modes in the Base, u sure if you get the 2.7 + 10 speed you don’t get all the modes? How many do u get? Does Big Bend with SAS and 2.7 + 10 speed not also have the GOAT? It’s a bit confusing.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about the GOAT modes in the Base, u sure if you get the 2.7 + 10 speed you don’t get all the modes? How many do u get? Does Big Bend with SAS and 2.7 + 10 speed not also have the GOAT? It’s a bit confusing.
The base only comes with five goat modes no matter how it’s built while the Big Bend comes with six goat modes and Black Diamond comes with seven. Check out this pdf file for more: https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten.../suvs/bronco/2021/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base has 5 GOAT modes. Everything but rock crawl, baja, and mut/ruts. BB has the same as Base + Mut/ruts.

They both have sport mode which is the only one that really matters.

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The base only comes with five goat modes no matter how it’s built while the Big Bend comes with six goat modes and Black Diamond comes with seven. Check out this pdf file for more: https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten.../suvs/bronco/2021/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf
Thanks for the link, that explains it. Looks like the Black Diamond is the lowest trim that comes with all 7 GOAT modes. Big Bend looses 1 GOAT to BD. To me unless I’m not reading this correct there is no difference in the 7 GOAT modes between the BD and Badlands. Badlands also comes with HOSS and sway bar disconnect. I’m wondering if you get the same Bilsteins with BD + SAS as the Badlands.

Sponsored

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yeah, I’d priced the difference in BB and BD before and that was an easy upsell to BD since washout floors and MGV is super handy here. But the price gap from base to BD with basically the same stuff is even bigger on the 2D than the 4d for whatever reason (see my response to Jchetty above) and now I’m over here googling neoprene seat covers.

Also I feel where your wife’s coming from on the heated seats, I’d told myself I wasn’t going to buy another vehicle without them, but I’m not buying the whole mid package and giving up the manual just to get them either.

Do we know yet whether the carpet is like the wrangler carpet and basically just lifts out if it gets mildewed and you need to trash it?
Wow, I didn't realize the 2dr base was so much cheaper than a 4dr base from the start! (or rather less expensive in this case). Yeah if you really want a 2dr, the savings of a basesquatch outweigh every other trim by far and make it hard to justify more expensive trims! If I was in your shoes and wanted a 2dr, I'd get a basesquatch with armor, rubberized floor mats (those should collect 99% of any rainwater), get nice aftermarket neoprene seat covers, and look into aftermarket seat heaters.

But if you're set on a squatched 4dr from day one, it makes moving up to a squatched BD very attractive.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the link, that explains it. Looks like the Black Diamond is the lowest trim that comes with all 7 GOAT modes. Big Bend looses 1 GOAT to BD. To me unless I’m not reading this correct there is no difference in the 7 GOAT modes between the BD and Badlands. Badlands also comes with HOSS and sway bar disconnect. I’m wondering if you get the same Bilsteins with BD + SAS as the Badlands.
The only difference with the GOAT modes between Black Diamond and Badlands is the Black Diamond has Sport while the Badlands has Baja instead.

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only difference with the GOAT modes between Black Diamond and Badlands is the Black Diamond has Sport while the Badlands has Baja instead.
Sport vs Baja, not sure what is the difference. Honestly I need to do more research. Seems to me like Badlands is overall a better off roader than BB and BD due to HOSS. BB and BD are pretty even when u Sasquatch both bumpers and rock guards and seat materials aside. What’s your opinion on that. Honestly I don’t know what to do.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sport vs Baja, not sure what is the difference. Honestly I need to do more research. Seems to me like Badlands is overall a better off roader than BB and BD due to HOSS. BB and BD are pretty even when u Sasquatch both bumpers and rock guards and seat materials aside. What’s your opinion on that. Honestly I don’t know what to do.
Sport is for on road and Baja is for off road. Yes, BB and BD are very similar. However, you can get signature lights on BB but not BD. Also, BB comes with cloth seats and carpet flooring while BD comes with MGV seats and rubberized flooring with the drain plugs. Just kind of depends on your personal preference. I feel like the BB has a better exterior while the BD has a better interior.

Last edited:

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I completely agree with in that the MGV and washout floors allows for ultimate top off open air freedom in places prone to surprise weather, and that feature is worth a lot to me! From what I see, the BD is $3,425 more than a base with all else even.
Building a 4door base with sas, 2.7, mic hardtop, hd front bumper, bash plates, and rock rails comes out to $46,090
Building a 4 door BD with sas, 2.7, and mic hardtop comes out to $49,515

in addition to the washout floor and MGV, you get extra goat modes, a steel rear bumper (that extra weight), a leather wrapped steering wheel, white lettering on the grille (whatever), and window tint with the BD. I personally think the $3425 is well worth it for all of that alone, and it allows me to unlock the mid package (heated seats were my wife’s only request from me out of this car, lol)

a similarly built BB is $48,770 or only $745 less than a BD and doesn’t include MGV or washout floors
Same wifeoption = heated seats lol

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is my dilemma as well. I was on the BaseSas train until I went to the dealer just now to compare colors. I was velocity blue until I saw it in person. After seeing all the colors on vehicles, I’m squarely a Cactus Gray fan with Antimatter Blue right there with it. If I want BaseSas, then I’m Antimatter Blue. If I go BD, then I have a choice. I didn’t want color to be my deciding factor, but it might be at this point.

I loved Cactus Gray in person. Very retro feel I got, which is what I’m after. Decisions decisions.
Sponsored