Sponsored

Black Diamond vs Big Bend?

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been on board with the BD since the reveal. However, after B+P went up Im wondering if it makes more sense to go BB and add a rear locker. At that point the only real difference appears to be the marine vinyl and rubber floor. Further, the wife doesnt like the blue trim in the BD. Am I missing something? Is the vinyl and rubber floor worth the extra?

Itll be a daily driver around town, head up to Mt Hood during the winter for skiing, and moderate trail use. Nothing too hard core. Anyone else in the same dilemma?
Sponsored

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been on board with the BD since the reveal. However, after B+P went up Im wondering if it makes more sense to go BB and add a rear locker. At that point the only real difference appears to be the marine vinyl and rubber floor. Further, the wife doesnt like the blue trim in the BD. Am I missing something? Is the vinyl and rubber floor worth the extra?

Itll be a daily driver around town, head up to Mt Hood during the winter for skiing, and moderate trail use. Nothing too hard core. Anyone else in the same dilemma?
The only thing I could think of that might drive you to BD over BB with your intended use is the Advanced t-case is available on BD and not BB, without Sasquatch. It's up to you to decide if 4A is necessary for those conditions to you.

Reactions: fv9

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm considering moving from the BB to the BD or OBX since 4A isn't a stand alone option on BB.

Sponsored
OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been BD since day 1. After seeing my build price I considered dropping down but the MGV seats and wash out interior is key for me so I'll stay BD.
I’m thinking this as well. Spoke with the wife about it last night and she thinks I should stay BD. Plan on bikini top all summer which means it’ll get wet living in the pacific NW.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m thinking this as well. Spoke with the wife about it last night and she thinks I should stay BD. Plan on bikini top all summer which means it’ll get wet living in the pacific NW.
I'm in North Georgia. Easter to Thanksgiving I will be doors off, roof off, bimini top. Funny fact, we average more rain here than y'all do in the Pacific NW.

Chattanooga is 51 inches yearly while Seattle is 38.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in North Georgia. Easter to Thanksgiving I will be doors off, roof off, bimini top. Funny fact, we average more rain here than y'all do in the Pacific NW.

Chattanooga is 51 inches yearly while Seattle is 38.
I grew up in Seattle. Live just outside of Portland now on the WA side of the river. We really don’t get heavy down pours for the most part. It’s just always gray and spitting showers late Oct-late April. Gets to be miserable especially in Dec when you go to work in the dark and drive home in the dark. Once the kids are out of the house we are moving out of the PNW.

summers are gorgeous though!

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Depends on your plans. I intend to get into camping, some mild off-roading and overlanding. I was on the fence between Base, BB and BD. Decided on BD because of the steel bumpers and bash plates, rear lockers and upgrade in tires. The washout, vinyl and steel wheels were not my thing but I've grown to like them now. I plan on going stock BD and add the fun camping stuff as I go, will purchase a bunch before delivery so I'm ready for at least late next summer.

Reactions: fv9

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have BB reserved but after adding options it was only $100 less than BD. I’d rather have the MGV seats so I’ll switch when I order. Only adding sound insulation and tow package to 2Dr.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been planning on the BB from the beginning because of the cloth interior for my wife, and she wants the signature headlights.

My issue is the lack of the advanced transfer case in the BB, and it's causing me to think about trying to convince her we should go with the BD.

I'm still not convinced the MGV isn't going to be too hot in the summer, not breathe, etc. People say it felt good though on the overlanding concept, and i like the interior colors. I don't know what to do.

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been planning on the BB from the beginning because of the cloth interior for my wife, and she wants the signature headlights.

My issue is the lack of the advanced transfer case in the BB, and it's causing me to think about trying to convince her we should go with the BD.

I'm still not convinced the MGV isn't going to be too hot in the summer, not breathe, etc. People say it felt good though on the overlanding concept, and i like the interior colors. I don't know what to do.
I agree with the mgv concern. In central Texas it gets hot. And I plan to have top off most of spring summer and fall. Going bb for the cloth

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I decided on the BD for all the extra stuff like bash plates, steel bumpers, 4A option etc. If I added that stuff to the BB it would cost more
Sponsored