Sponsored

Black Diamond vs Jeep Willys (Comparison)

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was all in on the Jeep Willys until July 14th 2020. Then came the well anticipated Bronco!. I have been through all the trims and trying to get the best bang for the buck all while trying to stay within the 45k range. The Jeep Willys has some great features like the BLACK hard top, Sarge Green color and stereo system ala carte. Rock rails are standard on both. Willys has Rubicon shocks and sits on 32s as well as the BD. However the BD-MGV is a huge upgrade over the Willys interior and of course the Bronco offers the 2.7 V6. I was surprised that Jeep only offers the Pentatstar V6 in manual now! Add the steel bumper, washout floors, roof racks, pod lights & tube doors as seen below and still came in less than the Jeep. So that being said the obvious choice for me is the Bronco BD! ... These two options seem like good competitors for each manufacture as they somewhat offer the same build.

*Bronco6g members please let me know if I'm missing something or the comparison is off. Ive been locked in on these two machines for months now lmao!

Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Jeep Willys (Comparison) bronco

2021 Bronco
Black Diamond

Summary

ExteriorS4
Area 51 $0
17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels $995
LT265/70R17 All-Terrain (A/T) Tires $0
Top – Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC) $0
Roof Rails with Crossbars – Black $365
Front Bumper - Heavy-Duty Modular $0
Upgraded Bash Plates $0
Remote Start System $0

InteriorS4
Black Onyx $0
Marine Grade Vinyl Seats With Dark Space Gray ?$0
Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC) $0
Auxiliary Switches in Overhead Console with Front Map Lights $0
Floor Liners – Front and Rear $160
Storage Bag - Front Row Top Panels (for On-Vehicle Storage) $0
Power Outlet - Back Side of Center Floor Console $0
SYNC®4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition, LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability and Connected Navigation $0
SiriusXM® With 360L $0
SYNC®4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition $0
Connected Navigation $0

PowertrainsS4
2.7L EcoBoost® Engine :cool:$1,895
10-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission$0
Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand Engagement$0
4.46 Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio $0
Rear Locking Differential $0
Mid Package $1,495
Ford Co-Pilot360™ Package $0

AccessoriesS8
Tube Door Accessory Kit – Two-Door ;) $850
Pod Lights :) $650

Pricing Summary
Base MSRPS1 $36,050
OptionsS4 & AccessoriesS8 + $7,205
Destination ChargesS17 + $1,495
Total MSRPS16 = $44,750
Estimated Net PriceS5 = $44,750
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Jeep Willys (Comparison) willys

2021 WRANGLER WILLYS
Summary

EXTERIOR
Exterior Colors: Sarge Green ? Clear-Coat Exterior Paint $245
Wheels: 17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Moab Black Aluminum Wheels $0
Tires: 32 inch LT255/75R17C Tires $0
Tops: Black ? 3-Piece Hard Top $1,395

INTERIOR
Interior Colors: Black Interior Color $0
Seat Types: Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats $0
Sound Systems: Uconnect® 4 with 7-Inch Display $0
Speaker Systems: Alpine® Premium Audio System ? $1,295

PACKAGES
LED Headlights, Fog-lights $0
Technology Group $695
Safety Group $995

POWER-TRAIN
Engine: 2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo Engine with Start Stop $0
Transmissions: 8-Speed Automatic 850RE Transmission $1,500
Gear Ratios: 3.45 Overall Top Gear Ratio $0
NET PRICE FINANCE ESTIMATE = $45,110
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fact that you can get a Black Diamond with Sasquatch and Mid package for the price is a Willys on 32s...makes it a no brainer which is the better value. Even without Squatch I guess Bronco is still a better value, but it’s tighter.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Ram Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm looking forward to more discussion on this one! Currently debating a Bronco BD versus a Gladiator. I think you're missing two big points:
  • Willys is available now, right?
  • Willys should be able to purchase for 5% under invoice easy. IDK for sure, but Jeep incentives may stack on that too. Might make things more comparable?

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can get the Penstar V6 with an auto. It’ll just have eTorque too.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Jeep Willys (Comparison) EEFCD0DF-58F9-4369-B15E-DED4F0BCE890

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Willys price will be thousands less expensive. Nobody pays MSRP on wranglers, many good YouTube dealer vids out there to educate on. Jeep has 3 yr free maint and some finance plans last time I looked. Join tread lightly for $100 and get no haggle invoice pricing on new jeep products everywhere they are sold for better than Xplan pricing ever could get you on Ford products (except the Bronco).

Bronco price is the MSRP you quoted for 99% of the dealers out there. So cost is not a Bronco positive in this comparison.

I don’t care what the final purchase is. But you should know about the savings possibilities. Who wants to give dealers any hard earned money?

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am also doing this comparison, though only as a 2-door. Keep in mind, I have no interest in a V-6 or Sasquatch. MGV and wash-out interior is a huge plus for the BD over the Willys, with the massive caveat that the BD may in reality only have wash out footwells if the cargo and seat backs have that awful carpet, which lowers how usable that feature is. Willys gets the bonus of having tumble forward and quick remove rear seating, which makes the rear cargo area much more usable/flexible than the BD's fold "flat", with a large step.

Another point in the Willys column is that the interior packages are much more flexible and customizable. You can pick and choose safety, tech, and convenience separately whereas BD forces you to choose it all in one package that arbitrarily shoves you out of the manual transmission. Since myself and many others are deadset on a manual, the Jeep is offering more in that area.

The prices for each are nearly identical, so for me:

Black Diamond
New hotness
More comfortable road suspension
MGV seats
Washout interior (or just footwells)
More factory accessories

Willys
Better cargo modularity
Better color options
Better looking wheels (opinion)
More flexible and logical package combinations
More top options

Caveat: I am aware you can take either of these and modify them with aftermarket to suit whatever purpose. But keep in mind, these are both aimed at people who don't want to spend a more for a Badlands or a Rubicon and are likely more budget minded. Buying a brand new 40k car and then spending thousands to modify it right away isn't quite as appealing.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Jeep Willys (Comparison) 1604943893470
Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Jeep Willys (Comparison) 1604943983979

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am also doing this comparison, though only as a 2-door. Keep in mind, I have no interest in a V-6 or Sasquatch. MGV and wash-out interior is a huge plus for the BD over the Willys, with the massive caveat that the BD may in reality only have wash out footwells if the cargo and seat backs have that awful carpet, which lowers how usable that feature is. Willys gets the bonus of having tumble forward and quick remove rear seating, which makes the rear cargo area much more usable/flexible than the BD's fold "flat", with a large step.

Another point in the Willys column is that the interior packages are much more flexible and customizable. You can pick and choose safety, tech, and convenience separately whereas BD forces you to choose it all in one package that arbitrarily shoves you out of the manual transmission. Since myself and many others are deadset on a manual, the Jeep is offering more in that area.

The prices for each are nearly identical, so for me:

Black Diamond
New hotness
More comfortable road suspension
MGV seats
Washout interior (or just footwells)
More factory accessories

Willys
Better cargo modularity
Better color options
Better looking wheels (opinion)
More flexible and logical package combinations
More top options

Caveat: I am aware you can take either of these and modify them with aftermarket to suit whatever purpose. But keep in mind, these are both aimed at people who don't want to spend a more for a Badlands or a Rubicon and are likely more budget minded. Buying a brand new 40k car and then spending thousands to modify it right away isn't quite as appealing.

1604943893470.png
1604943983979.png
I would add that one is SFA on if IFS. If you are focused on a daily driver or road manners, the Bronco should be significantly better. Cheap lifts and overall front suspension durability if used hard off road, likely goes to the Jeep. Even then, more than 35" tires generally see the Jeep axle limits and that has to be upgraded too, so for 90% of users, the durability is probably a wash.

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would add that one is SFA on if IFS. If you are focused on a daily driver or road manners, the Bronco should be significantly better. Cheap lifts and overall front suspension durability if used hard off road, likely goes to the Jeep. Even then, more than 35" tires generally see the Jeep axle limits and that has to be upgraded too, so for 90% of users, the durability is probably a wash.
Yeah, that's something each individual person will have to assess for their usage and requirements, both daily and recreation. I do a lot of long road trips, camping, backpacking but I don't really rock crawl just for sake of it. For me, the advantages of IFS outweigh the advantages of SFA.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, that's something each individual person will have to assess for their usage and requirements, both daily and recreation. I do a lot of long road trips, camping, backpacking but I don't really rock crawl just for sake of it. For me, the advantages of IFS outweigh the advantages of SFA.
I thought my Jeep was great when I lived in GA, up here in the land of potholes and frost heaves, the Jeep was undriveable. Give me IFS personally as well. Again this weekend I drove to my cabin with tons of Jeeps on the highway. Every one wanders and the owners are constantly steering. It gets old for me, quick.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm looking forward to more discussion on this one! Currently debating a Bronco BD versus a Gladiator. I think you're missing two big points:
  • Willys is available now, right?
  • Willys should be able to purchase for 5% under invoice easy. IDK for sure, but Jeep incentives may stack on that too. Might make things more comparable?
Yes, this is a big miss here. Good discounts can be had here, especially if you wait until the beginning of next year when Jeep starts throwing good sales.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a '16 Willys Wheeler W JKU and like it a lot. If it wasn't for the Bronco I'd probably get a '21 2 door Willys.

The IFS is a big selling point for me. I've owned 6 Wranglers and I feel a little bad leaving Jeep but I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face.

I am sad the Bronco can't get the B&O radio a la carte but that can be added later. I also wish the BD had the option for the Signature Lights but having the Sasquatch option is nice.

OP
OP
Daytona_Bronco

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I realize this is a Ford Fanboi website, but doing compares with blatant misinformation is pretty silly. Just say Jeep sucks and be done with it.
It's an equal cost to model comparison. Jeep is a proven offroad vehicle saying otherwise would be rediculous .. Fanboi ? Fuck yeah ! But also smart with my money ...

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was all in on the Jeep Willys until July 14th 2020. Then came the well anticipated Bronco!. I have been through all the trims and trying to get the best bang for the buck all while trying to stay within the 45k range. The Jeep Willys has some great features like the BLACK hard top, Sarge Green color and stereo system ala carte. Rock rails are standard on both. Willys has Rubicon shocks and sits on 32s as well as the BD. However the BD-MGV is a huge upgrade over the Willys interior and of course the Bronco offers the 2.7 V6. I was surprised that Jeep only offers the Pentatstar V6 in manual now! Add the steel bumper, washout floors, roof racks, pod lights & tube doors as seen below and still came in less than the Jeep. So that being said the obvious choice for me is the Bronco BD! ... These two options seem like good competitors for each manufacture as they somewhat offer the same build.

*Bronco6g members please let me know if I'm missing something or the comparison is off. Ive been locked in on these two machines for months now lmao!

2021 Bronco
Black Diamond

Summary

ExteriorS4
Area 51 $0
17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels $995
LT265/70R17 All-Terrain (A/T) Tires $0
Top – Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC) $0
Roof Rails with Crossbars – Black $365
Front Bumper - Heavy-Duty Modular $0
Upgraded Bash Plates $0
Remote Start System $0

InteriorS4
Black Onyx $0
Marine Grade Vinyl Seats With Dark Space Gray ?$0
Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC) $0
Auxiliary Switches in Overhead Console with Front Map Lights $0
Floor Liners – Front and Rear $160
Storage Bag - Front Row Top Panels (for On-Vehicle Storage) $0
Power Outlet - Back Side of Center Floor Console $0
SYNC®4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition, LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability and Connected Navigation $0
SiriusXM® With 360L $0
SYNC®4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition $0
Connected Navigation $0

PowertrainsS4
2.7L EcoBoost® Engine :cool:$1,895
10-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission$0
Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand Engagement$0
4.46 Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio $0
Rear Locking Differential $0
Mid Package $1,495
Ford Co-Pilot360™ Package $0

AccessoriesS8
Tube Door Accessory Kit – Two-Door ;) $850
Pod Lights :) $650

Pricing Summary
Base MSRPS1 $36,050
OptionsS4 & AccessoriesS8 + $7,205
Destination ChargesS17 + $1,495
Total MSRPS16 = $44,750
Estimated Net PriceS5 = $44,750
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2021 WRANGLER WILLYS
Summary

EXTERIOR
Exterior Colors: Sarge Green ? Clear-Coat Exterior Paint $245
Wheels: 17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Moab Black Aluminum Wheels $0
Tires: 32 inch LT255/75R17C Tires $0
Tops: Black ? 3-Piece Hard Top $1,395

INTERIOR
Interior Colors: Black Interior Color $0
Seat Types: Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats $0
Sound Systems: Uconnect® 4 with 7-Inch Display $0
Speaker Systems: Alpine® Premium Audio System ? $1,295

PACKAGES
LED Headlights, Fog-lights $0
Technology Group $695
Safety Group $995

POWER-TRAIN
Engine: 2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo Engine with Start Stop $0
Transmissions: 8-Speed Automatic 850RE Transmission $1,500
Gear Ratios: 3.45 Overall Top Gear Ratio $0
NET PRICE FINANCE ESTIMATE = $45,110
I'm cross-shopping the same 2 cars...

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Something's off. Mic top is 695....no tow? And I think Meg is right, there should be some amazing deals on fiats now. If cost matters. Or not waiting for the baby.
Sponsored