First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My choice is wildtrak it has everything I want and love the look of it. I got mine built and ready as soon is I can place my order just have to wait for the black mod top and pull out tailgate but I have patience.

D59132FD-FC8F-46E7-8989-C66522A26090.png
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dub

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 mercury
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My choice is wildtrak it has everything I want and love the look of it. I got mine built and ready as soon is I can place my order just have to wait for the black mod top and pull out tailgate but I have patience.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs Wildtrak D59132FD-FC8F-46E7-8989-C66522A26090
What is the word on the black top anyway? Isn’t it suppose to come with one instead of the MIC?

Dead88

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What is the word on the black top anyway? Isn’t it suppose to come with one instead of the MIC?
Ford said the black mod top is late availability in 2021 no clue how late that will be but it is what it is. Since I will be spending a good chunk of change on this bronco I want it how I want it to be since I don’t plan on getting rid of it and have always wanted a bronco.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's your intended usage? The Black Diamond and Badlands are aimed at a different target than say the OBX or Wildtrak. Rarely see this mentioned when asking about trim vs trim.

OP
OP

Dub

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 mercury
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What's your intended usage? The Black Diamond and Badlands are aimed at a different target than say the OBX or Wildtrak. Rarely see this mentioned when asking about trim vs trim.
Daily driver. Occasional off Az trail riding but not serious to beat up my new ride.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Daily driver. Occasional off Az trail riding but not serious to beat up my new ride.
So with that AZ heat looks like you've picked two trims with a lighter interior. The cloth in the Wildtrak will maybe stay a little cooler than the vinyl in the BD. The Wildtrak gets you Baja mode that could be fun in the desert. You may not be wheeling hard enough to really take advantage of the upgraded steel bits of the Black Diamond. The Black Diamond does have that washout interior. Not sure if that's an advantage to you over pulling the carpet in the Wildtrak. Mechanically, they're basically identical in the configuration you listed in the OP so it really comes down to the little things and what's more livable to you as a daily.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
so, this may be a dumb question/me just thinking aloud. I have a Black Diamond on reserve. The things i want are the hard top, Sasquach, and 2.7L. By the time i add those i am less than a grand under what i can get a Wildtrack for. The biggest difference seems to be with the wildtrack i do not get marine grade interior. would it be better to just get the wildtrack?
My very own personal torment, daily flip flop happening. Don’t discount thinking about resale down the road. Signature headlights, black badging, hood graphic at the very least, and Baja model which might be better for AZ. For me I like the black beauty ring on the sas better than the standard and don’t mind the camo seats.

Last edited:

jcmhere

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep and 1975 vett
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a reserve for a BD
Great rig

I changed to the WT
I prefer the looks of it better than the BD

And don’t let everyone tell you the interior is awful
That’s just a matter of friggin opinion..
I am with you! I like the WT looks.
Sponsored