Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello,
I have the capable bumper and wtb a modular bumper. Dealer quoted $775.00 for a new One. Does this sound right? Is it bolt on? Anyone do this? Or anyone want to sell a used modular bumper?
Sponsored

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
How did you get a dealer quote? The parts manual shows two dozen parts for the modular bumper. I’d apply my FordPass points at $775. Doesn’t seem too steep.

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello,
I have the capable bumper and wtb a modular bumper. Dealer quoted $775.00 for a new One. Does this sound right? Is it bolt on? Anyone do this? Or anyone want to sell a used modular bumper?
which dealer? I’m trying to figure out where to / how to buy a modular bumper too.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello,
Last year mine quoted $800 and then was about to install a base bracket. He came out sheepish and apologized and said they didn’t now how to get it ordered correctly. Now a year has past, and maybe Ford has made easier for the non knowledgeable dealers, but I simply got it and bash plate from another member instead

OP
OP

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last year mine quoted $800 and then was about to install a base bracket. He came out sheepish and apologized and said they didn’t now how to get it ordered correctly. Now a year has past, and maybe Ford has made easier for the non knowledgeable dealers, but I simply got it and bash plate from another member instead
So i went to Biener Ford in Great Neck NY, the bumper was $800 and the end pieces were 400 each for a total of over $1700. So the guy on the phone was incorrect in saying the Modular Bumper was $800. Why am I surprised?

Sponsored

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So i went to Biener Ford in Great Neck NY, the bumper was $800 and the end pieces were 400 each for a total of over $1700. So the guy on the phone was incorrect in saying the Modular Bumper was $800. Why am I surprised?
Dang. Pricey. Plus install?

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I get why people want the mod bumper. It looks bad ass and the aftermarket fog/driving light options that fit in it are awesome looking.

There are aftermarket light options for the capable that are not quite as cool, and the JCR winch if you need a winch where you're off-roading.

I think that the only accessory you really have to let go is a bull bar.

Here's a post I saved with some links to these items: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/capable-bumper-accessories.38713/#post-1734984

There was another thread where someone did the swap, and if you want to retain your parking sensors it is a pain. The modular bumper uses different sensors with a 90 degree bend in them.

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I get why people want the mod bumper. It looks bad ass and the aftermarket fog/driving light options that fit in it are awesome looking.

There are aftermarket light options for the capable that are not quite as cool, and the JCR winch if you need a winch where you're off-roading.

I think that the only accessory you really have to let go is a bull bar.

Here's a post I saved with some links to these items: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/capable-bumper-accessories.38713/#post-1734984

There was another thread where someone did the swap, and if you want to retain your parking sensors it is a pain. The modular bumper uses different sensors with a 90 degree bend in them.
Another option with my standard bumper that I’ll have is to put on this brush guard from rough country. I’m not in love with it but it doesn’t look too bad I guess and at least it’s something. What do y’all think?

https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-n...utm_content=&utm_term=||c||name_first_51045-a

https://www.roughcountry.com/media/...3c6bb6cef2d094/2/0/2021_bronco_tube_bar_-.jpg

https://www.roughcountry.com/media/...3c6bb6cef2d094/2/0/2021_bronco_tube_bar_-.jpg
Sponsored