ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Lift was a Sasquatch lift. About 2" if suspension lift vs a base Black diamond. As far as the crash bars, I removed the front because of the front bumper, the rear is still in place and I do not seem to rub with the tires and lift.

Count me in on the "Skinny Tire Bronco Club". I will hopefully have a non-sas Badlands coming soon.

Ideally I would like to get the stock BD 17' rims (7.5" wide) steelies with the The Mickey T's (255/85R17). That is a 34.6" diameter.

Will they rub on a non-sas Badlands? If so, any other wheel/tire combinations without having to do a lift?

Thanks

(I saw the cyber orange pictured in this thread in a different thread. My understanding is that is has a 1" lift. It belongs to @ChompSticks so he can confirm.)
With the Badlands suspension, you may be clear. You'll have to remove the crash bars. @ChompSticks has a BD. I don't know what suspension they are running now.
Sponsored

lindertw

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just scored a set of take off Black Diamond wheels/tires and put them on my base model. Love the utilitarian look...

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Wheels on a Badlands? 20230204_161713

and when it comes time to get new tires, I'll have more options to go 33's or 34's with the 17" rim.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Lift was a Sasquatch lift. About 2" if suspension lift vs a base Black diamond. As far as the crash bars, I removed the front because of the front bumper, the rear is still in place and I do not seem to rub with the tires and lift.
Thanks. I couldn't remember what you had done as there are a few builds that I follow, but mix up the specifics.

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the Badlands suspension, you may be clear. You'll have to remove the crash bars. @ChompSticks has a BD. I don't know what suspension they are running now.
ok, thanks! The italics are important! I need to find someone with the set-up to see. Sorry, got confused on Chompsticks - it is a BD.
Cheers

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You mean give the Badlands wheels away for the cost of shipping to free up room in your shed.
Actually, I kept mine with the long term plan of painting them Carbonized Grey for a set of winter shoes. For now I’m keeping the Carbonized Grey Silverado for that purpose
One (of many) errors in my life is not having the garage and shed space I require...I have floated the idea of moving because of that but that idea didn't go over very well. So the Badlands wheels will be sold or given away. What is their value?

Sponsored

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just scored a set of take off Black Diamond wheels/tires and put them on my base model. Love the utilitarian look...

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Wheels on a Badlands? 20230204_161713

and when it comes time to get new tires, I'll have more options to go 33's or 34's with the 17" rim.
Fantastic. That is the same look I am going for with 33's or 34's as you say.

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The "removing crash bars" conversation is interesting. Good thread on that. Not sure how I feel. I suppose getting after-market solves the problem.

Thoughts?

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. Love your truck - now you confused me by changing your avatar!

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was determined to upgrade my black steelies to Wildtrack SAS Wheels but I think I am going to go the spacer route and let them be for awhile

Sponsored

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was determined to upgrade my black steelies to Wildtrack SAS Wheels but I think I am going to go the spacer route and let them be for awhile
Looks like Georgia is a popular place for BD steelies! I am going to Sea Island in April but I doubt I can fit 5 wheels in my suitcase...

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like Georgia is a popular place for BD steelies! I am going to Sea Island in April but I doubt I can fit 5 wheels in my suitcase...
I am headed up to Vancouver in March! I'll bring two and you grab the other three while you are here. I am sure I would get weird looks checking in a tire/wheel on Delta but I think they technically fit the requirements.

I have unfortunately have seen two sets of wildtrak SAS fall through my fingers recently by waiting to pull the trigger.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No MOAB rock crawling here.
I would suggest not getting Trail Grapplers if you're not going to do a lot of off-roading. They're loud and heavy, defiantly not the best on-road tire. I lost at least 2 mpg and at highway speeds you can't hear the radio if it's much under 50% volume.

I have 37" Trail Grapplers and I love them off-road. I would highly, highly suggest them for anyone who does serious wheeling.
Sponsored