Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ford Ranger & 17 Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the Black diamond have a steel rear bumper after all? Looks plastic to me and i"m afraid ford is going to cancel the included rock rails and rear bumper
From what we have seen the BD in these pictures does have the steel rear bumper. If you look closely the steel bumper has textured ridges on the top side, whereas, the plastic rear bumper on the WT has a smooth top side.
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll repeat myself again for poor guys like Rednek who haven't heard. This is a raw unpainted modular top. You will see people say this is pre-production or a prototype. The truth is much simpler. Both tops specs and tooling have been finalized for a while.

You have two tops, the MIC carbonized gray top, and the modular top that will be painted black, white, or body color. This is a modular top. The modular top is made from a sheet pressed polymer. Then it gets painted and glossed. What your looking at in this picture is the final production ready modular top, it is simply not painted. The vendor who will paint them is not up and running yet, Ford will not be painting them. They have to test them, so here you see them on the street in their ugly raw form.
It really is comical that people
Actually think that Ford will put this out as post-production

Sometimes I think people enjoy wallowing in the negativity ..

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This helps a ton, I was debating on blowing out by budget and going Badlands for the "look". But you've confirmed that I have had the right trim all along.
Black Diamond, 2.7, mid, steelies, hardtop, roof rack, tow, Boom, done
Bro same build! ? :cool:

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does the Black diamond have a steel rear bumper after all? Looks plastic to me and i"m afraid ford is going to cancel the included rock rails and rear bumper
That is the steel rear.

Those tires on the BD don't look bad at all.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll repeat myself again for poor guys like Rednek who haven't heard. This is a raw unpainted modular top. You will see people say this is pre-production or a prototype. The truth is much simpler. Both tops specs and tooling have been finalized for a while.

You have two tops, the MIC carbonized gray top, and the modular top that will be painted black, white, or body color. This is a modular top. The modular top is made from a sheet pressed polymer. Then it gets painted and glossed. What your looking at in this picture is the final production ready modular top, it is simply not painted. The vendor who will paint them is not up and running yet, Ford will not be painting them. They have to test them, so here you see them on the street in their ugly raw form.
Do you have insight on the missing gunner's hatch on #35? The 2-dr mod top should have a gunner's hatch. But on yesterday's photos on the trailer, the gunner's hatch was missing with only the front driver/passenger panel seams evident.

JIMBAD1

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner V8, 67 Dodge R/T, 71 Honda 750 K1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please DO NOT put weights on the outside of the steel wheel! Ford should have made a smooth design steel wheel like the originals. But the spare tire wheel looks good, just too common, even though the originals were spare tire wheels, also. Great pictures!

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do you have insight on the missing gunner's hatch on #35? The 2-dr mod top should have a gunner's hatch. But on yesterday's photos on the trailer, the gunner's hatch was missing with only the front driver/passenger panel seams evident.
Modular 2 door still has the donut hole. I missed the picture your talking about.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

???

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sure hope that's not a finalized MIC top... yikes

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If that’s the final hard top color...YIKES. Glad I’m going with the soft top. Hopefully it’s just primer.

Please DO NOT put weights on the outside of the steel wheel! Ford should have made a smooth design steel wheel like the originals. But the spare tire wheel looks good, just too common, even though the originals were spare tire wheels, also. Great pictures!
So no tire balancing then. lol
Sponsored