First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My initial thoughts are BD with 2.7 and auto, mid package and sasquatch. I’m not sure I want the big 35’s though as I like the look of the 33” tires. I am considering moving to the Badlands equipped the same engine/trans with 33‘s and no squatch package. anyone have pro’s or cons? Going to be a two door for sure.....leaning towards area 51. Not a hard core wheeler, but like to be capable To tackle what I want.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BD w/33’s, although may not be through Ford it will likely be a cheaper alternative (if you do not need front locker and disco)

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My initial thoughts are BD with 2.7 and auto, mid package and sasquatch. I’m not sure I want the big 35’s though as I like the look of the 33” tires. I am considering moving to the Badlands equipped the same engine/trans with 33‘s and no squatch package. anyone have pro’s or cons? Going to be a two door for sure.....leaning towards are 51. Not a hard core wheeler, but like to be capable To tackle what I want.
I am thinking the same thing you are. Only difference, jumping to 2.7 auto on Badlands. I have been going back and forth with BD and Badlands for a few days now. At the end of the day, it is going to depend on how much are the options for me. My goal is the same as you. Really trying to stay under $50,000. Badlands with 2.7 L, Med or High PAC pending on price.

DBOZ

Black Diamond
First Name
Daren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis, Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am having the same dilemma. But for me in the long run I think I order squatch and downgrade in tire size if necessary. Here is why. I want the bigger flares, suspension and gearing. Downsizing tires will be easier than gearing etc if I decide I want 35s at some point.

CFD288

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am having the same dilemma. But for me in the long run I think I order squatch and downgrade in tire size if necessary. Here is why. I want the bigger flares, suspension and gearing. Downsizing tires will be easier than gearing etc if I decide I want 35s at some point.
First post.... good idea, Ive been watching videos and looking at pics but there isnt much info on the BD other then the ford website. I preordered the Badlands but may go BD, price will be the determining factor. I cant wait to finally be able to build and price online.

Sponsored

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door BD with Sasquatch, 2.7, and mid is what I’m getting.

the only thing that will make me change to Badlands without Sasquatch is if the Sasquatch package is unreasonably priced.
I hope it’s around 4k or less. If it’s over 5 I may be out and just move up to badlands without Sasquatch.

the tremor package for F250 is 4k. It includes: 35-inch tires, a small suspension lift, locking rear differential, a Dana front differential, higher running boards and beefier skid plates. So seems reasonable to me Sasquatch would be similar.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nodrama43

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
many of us are thinking the same way. I want to price them both and see what the difference ends up being. I have driven a 2001 Cherokee sport for 20 years with 32" tires and a 3" lift. The jeep has locking diffs front and rear and manual disconnects. I have never been a "big tire" guy so the look of the 33's are my favorite right now. I do require front and rear locking diffs, skid plates, rock rails, and decent gears. It's not going to be a daily driver for another 2 years or so when I give up my company car and retire. It might be cheaper to buy a BD with squatch and change the flares and tire size. I too wish they would hurry up and get the info out so we can build and price.

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really wish the BD came with the front locker. It would be perfect, I feel like it would be something I would regret not having. Do you think Ford will make it not worth while for people to order a BD w/sasquatch and make people just go for the higher trim levels?

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Signed up for a Big Bend but looking more closely at the Black Diamond and Badlands. Lots of ideas right now but without pricing, hard to finalize. Will need to see how the price goes once it's optioned out. FoMoCo pricing page will be busy when it opens!

Parsa

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Nissan Xterra 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm likely to use the Grabbers until they wear out. Those tires still get pretty good reviews. They are actually 31.6", so rounding to 32" is pretty generous.
After that, I will likely either get the BFG AT KO2 275/70R17 (32.2") or possibly skip the 285s and go for the BFG 34X10.50R17 (33.5") if people tell by then that a tire that big will fit in the wheel well and during turning. That includes room needed for a bit of flex/articulation during moderate off-roading. I doubt if a 33.5" will fit, but we don't know yet.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The problem with the squatch is articulation is limited. I would like to know how. If It is just bigger bumpstops, limiting straps, etc. that can be changed then using it with 33s would be good. If the articulation can't be restored, I just can't see why I would pay for it when I know I can get better aftermarket. I'm getting the BD as I plan to upgrade suspension myself, but if not, the Badlands looks like the better buy.

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The problem with the squatch is articulation is limited. I would like to know how. If It is just bigger bumpstops, limiting straps, etc. that can be changed then using it with 33s would be good. If the articulation can't be restored, I just can't see why I would pay for it when I know I can get better aftermarket. I'm getting the BD as I plan to upgrade suspension myself, but if not, the Badlands looks like the better buy.
I am mainly interested in the sasquatch package for the front locker. Its also just nice to have direct from the factory. Easier to explain to the significant other rather than having boxes of parts and wheels show up at the house haha.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am mainly interested in the sasquatch package for the front locker. Its also just nice to have direct from the factory. Easier to explain to the significant other rather than having boxes of parts and wheels show up at the house haha.
I’m going with Badlands non Sasquatch.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Signed up for a Big Bend but looking more closely at the Black Diamond and Badlands. Lots of ideas right now but without pricing, hard to finalize. Will need to see how the price goes once it's optioned out. FoMoCo pricing page will be busy when it opens!
We need pricing!!!

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going with Badlands non Sasquatch.
Keep the manual.. maybe get a tune down the road .. swap to 35 AT in house before delivery... all set
Sponsored