Mike Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

its all going to come down to the build and price...... I Like the badlands......want the squatch pkg.....auto v6......and winch with recovery gear...looking at the 4 door.......But with what I have seen in the "tentative package pricing"....I am better off going base 4 door....auto trans is standard, get the V6,squatch pkg,both tops, front modular bumper and winch....I can do aftermarket under armor and rock rails and be well under the badlands.........things that make ya go .................HMMMM
Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands, no Sasquatch. I’m bias.

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quick question: Is it because you like the 33” better or saving money?
No, it's more off road capable without the sasquatch (articulation)(arguable, I know). I like the 33" for 2 reasons, the look overall, and the vehicle height. Cost is not the issue for me. I'm not planning on climbing walls, nor am I planning on doing crazy stuff with my $50k truck. Also, I'm getting the 2-door. I'd get the Sas if it were the 4-door.

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess my only question for you is do you think you need the front locking diff? If you are not planning any hard core off roading then I assume you don't need the swaybar disconnect. Save your money for other mods you can do later on down the line.

Sponsored

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want that 360 camera and adaptive cruise control with a manual transmission, so my trim choice is made for me (Badlands). Personally, Sasquatch doesn't interest me because:
-IMHO, those wheels look awful
-I don't want a brand new $55k 4WD that I can't drive safely in light snow/ice (M/T tires are nearly as bad as summer tires in light snow, fine in deep snow though)
-Width is the enemy, both off-road on the forest trails near me and in real life (garages, parking lots, etc). I didn't want a full-size pickup because they feel too wide, so I don't want to get there with a midsize SUV
-I plan to rooftop a 12' dinghy that weighs 97 pounds, and I'm not thrilled about lifting it the extra 2"-3" I'd have to with Sasquatch
-I have elementary-aged kids that ride with me every day, and I'd rather not have to either lift them into the truck every time or install steps. Although I'm thinking all Bronco trims are probably too tall for that, but I don't want to make it even worse
-35" tires will produce a noticeable hit to acceleration and range
-Any obstacle that requires an extra inch of ground clearance is probably not an obstacle I want to traverse in such an expensive vehicle. If I still own this Bronco when it's an old beater, that's the time to turn it into an off-road toy

Regular Badlands just looks 'right' to me; rugged without looking too BroDozer-y.

Last edited:

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was on the fence also. But I'm jumping up to a badlands/manual no sasquatch. I will purchase better rims and taller tires later. Them 35 goodyears look more like an AT tire and the beadlock rings cost $800. I'd rather have 33s for road and winter, then swap wheels for the trails. The fenders don't really matter either, im sure aftermarket is going to take care of them.
Only reason I would go down to BD would be a considerable saving with the sas package. Also I would like to see the different dash setup also. I loved the interior on that black 2dr BL

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll do 2 b&p now. The bladsquatch originally planned and a badlands with 33 MT’s. May the lowest MSRP win.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My only definite was a manual transmission.

I'm either BD with mansquatch (most likely) or BD with upgrade to 33's (less likely).

The 6 month further delay to take delivery on a mansquatch may ultimately make me say to hell with it and get 33's.

but man, the following pic with the squatch on the right nearly makes me go mansquatch no matter what.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond with sasquatch, or Badlands with 33” tire package ford-bronco-sasquatch-comparison

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its all going to come down to the build and price...... I Like the badlands......want the squatch pkg.....auto v6......and winch with recovery gear...looking at the 4 door.......But with what I have seen in the "tentative package pricing"....I am better off going base 4 door....auto trans is standard, get the V6,squatch pkg,both tops, front modular bumper and winch....I can do aftermarket under armor and rock rails and be well under the badlands.........things that make ya go .................HMMMM
This is exactly what I was thinking. Badlands was my choice with 2.7 and SAS but the price was more than $52k so I opted for Big Bend with 2.7 and SAS and came in at $38k + LED front lights. No rear LED. So I sacrificed marine grade upholstery and a few other luxury items I’m sure but I got what’s most important. Got the big engine, better transmission, and the best suspension system with front and rear lockers. That’s more important in my opinion. Having extra money is also important for other future upgrades.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nodrama43

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my reservation is converted to a 50K Badlands order. I have seen in person the 33" tired Badlands Bronco sitting next to a 35" squatched Bronco. I chose the 33's. I'm not a fan of the wider flares and the tires, plus limited suspension travel. I also wanted LED's front locker and the wash out interior that is going to last way longer than the cloth not to mention I will just cover the seats with cloth seat covers lol. To each their own. Now I sit an wait till that thing shows up on the truck...

Bronco_Mando

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger; MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my reservation is converted to a 50K Badlands order. I have seen in person the 33" tired Badlands Bronco sitting next to a 35" squatched Bronco. I chose the 33's. I'm not a fan of the wider flares and the tires, plus limited suspension travel. I also wanted LED's front locker and the wash out interior that is going to last way longer than the cloth not to mention I will just cover the seats with cloth seat covers lol. To each their own. Now I sit an wait till that thing shows up on the truck...
Jim, did you select the standard wheels or the optional?
When you saw them in person did you take any pictures that helped you make your decision? If so, could you share them??
Thanks and congratulations on placing your order.

OP
OP
Nodrama43

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jim, did you select the standard wheels or the optional?
When you saw them in person did you take any pictures that helped you make your decision? If so, could you share them??
Thanks and congratulations on placing your order.
Mando, I did not choose an optional wheel and tire as the standard wheels are my favorites. I wanted to swap the A/T tire for the M/T tire but was unable to do that and keep the wheel I wanted. I did not take any pictures.
Sponsored