David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ordered and keeping the Steel Wheels. I like the gloss personally. I may change to some slotted mags at some point, but for now, I like the black against the Oxford white I got.

Plus, when I am in Africa on my overland and bounce of a boulder, errr I mean in the mall when I curb the parking island, I can pound them back into shape. :ROFLMAO:
You had me excited for a sec. I thought you were headed to Africa with your Bronco! ha.
Sponsored

BronkoNagurski

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Planning on keeping them and hoping 33s fit. If the 33s don't fit I'll get some new wheels, but I like the look and think fatter tires will look even better on them.

OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Planning on keeping them and hoping 33s fit. If the 33s don't fit I'll get some new wheels, but I like the look and think fatter tires will look even better on them.
I think the 33's would fit just fine. That is my plan as well, ether BFG KO2's or maybe the GY Territory MT

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the steelies, if I am pushed back on delivery I would go white with a white top and grill.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If anyone in Utah wants em, lmk I'll sell them to you after I buy aftermarket ones

Sponsored

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Might consider them if they were white with a white grille.

But my BD is coming with the optional black shiny "new" looking wheels and I'm probably throwing 33's on them right off the bat.

PNWAsh

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Bad Batch BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm going for Cyber Orange BD with the steelies - I don't really like any of the stock Ford options, so will see how it sits and can always change later down the line.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The BD steelies are 17" x 7.5". The stock tire is a 32" 265/70-17. Most 33" tires fit on a 7.5" rim width. My H3T has factory 33" tires, 285/75-16 on a 16" x 7.5" wheel. So there should be no wheel issues when fitting 33" tires.

BronkoNagurski

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The BD steelies are 18" x 7.5". The stock tire is a 32" 265/70-18. Most 33" tires fit on a 7.5" rim width. My H3T has factory 33" tires, 285/75-16 on a 16" x 7.5" wheel. So there should be no wheel issues when fitting 33" tires.
Thanks for the reassurance. But I believe the steelies are 17x7.5. I think my concern more lies with having to make modifications to make them fit without rubbing (crash bar removal looks easy, but id like to avoid spacers or getting a lift if possible).

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered my 4dr BD yesterday with upgraded wheels because i dont plan on running chains and studs for the winter so don't need winter rims(besides it will be parked for winter)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I were ordering a BD I'd keep the steelies to be a bit different from all the others. I like 'em.

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the reassurance. But I believe the steelies are 17x7.5. I think my concern more lies with having to make modifications to make them fit without rubbing (crash bar removal looks easy, but id like to avoid spacers or getting a lift if possible).
I typeo'd the size. The correct size is 17 x 7.5, but the point I was making was a 33" tire will fit a 7.5" rim width. I checked a few manufacturer sites to verify and with my truck, which has 7.5" rims.

Going from a 32" to 33" shouldn't require any modifications to the suspension. It's just 1/2" difference on the top side of the tire. It looks like Ford kept the upper ball-joint compact where it doesn't protrude into the tire space. Once the OE tires wear out on my Bronco I plan on moving to 33" tires.

OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I typeo'd the size. The correct size is 17 x 7.5, but the point I was making was a 33" tire will fit a 7.5" rim width. I checked a few manufacturer sites to verify and with my truck, which has 7.5" rims.

Going from a 32" to 33" shouldn't require any modifications to the suspension. It's just 1/2" difference on the top side of the tire. It looks like Ford kept the upper ball-joint compact where it doesn't protrude into the tire space. Once the OE tires wear out on my Bronco I plan on moving to 33" tires.
I don't know why I thought it was 8" thanks for the clarification!
Sponsored